American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Heffner Peformance Ford Gt 266.9 Standing mile

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 10:59 PM
dbk
dbk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Nothing.. No datalogs, no GPS, No vbox.. Nothing to show it was even remotely close to 266.. Even 260,264, 260 something on a datalog would end the questions..
No point. People can believe what they like.

http://vimeo.com/11705117

Go to that vid and fast forward to 4:45 (it's a personal vid so the rest is of little interest). After the run ends, that's me that gets in the car flipping out. Unless you believe it's a conspiracy and that was staged, that was the car's first practice pass on an absolutely sweltering hot day cutting first and second short. I can't recall the exact number, but it was 258.9x mph. Either way, it was substantively faster than anyone has ever gone in Texas in a car with an absolutely horrific DA. You could chew the air. I was at the March 10 Texas Mile, and I honestly believe the yellow car as it was in Miami would have clobbered 270 mph that day.

Now granted, we really just went back, came up with a cover story, and filmed all that to hide the conspiracy...but the fact is giving up files is silly. People will do the exact same thing they are now, which is find ten million reasons to doubt. Until the record is set at Texas, the gallardo holds it, and people need to get over it.

(I found this thread googling trying to find that video because that test day was so fun)

Old 04-22-2011, 11:09 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I don't think anyone understands how much power these Condor motors will make and how advanced the aero is on a Ford GT. I have no doubts that the Ford GT will own the mile records, given time.

Old 04-23-2011, 04:38 AM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by germeezy1
I don't think anyone understands how much power these Condor motors will make and how advanced the aero is on a Ford GT. I have no doubts that the Ford GT will own the mile records, given time.

I agree.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:39 AM
HowlerMonkey is infamous around these partsHowlerMonkey is infamous around these partsHowlerMonkey is infamous around these parts
There's a new texas mile record from the Hennessey guys who built a very sweet car.

I'm wondering if the guys who claim the heffner record will recognize Hennessey as holding the true standing mile record?

Old 03-29-2012, 07:48 AM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HowlerMonkey
There's a new texas mile record from the Hennessey guys who built a very sweet car.

I'm wondering if the guys who claim the heffner record will recognize Hennessey as holding the true standing mile record?

Sour milk?

Are you guys prepping for a shot at the 257.7 record?

Old 03-29-2012, 09:37 AM
HowlerMonkey is infamous around these partsHowlerMonkey is infamous around these partsHowlerMonkey is infamous around these parts
LOL....I'm not drinking the sour milk but it's apparent from my rep power that many here diet on it exclusively.

I'm just happy that the record is being contested with official timing and it is a double victory for Hennessey for pulling this off at texas.

I also don't think they should be required to post Vbox data which many on this forum have decided is the end all concerning speed claims because this run was officially timed by qualified personnel using accurate equipment.

I'm sure that hennessey can go faster at a better facility.

We'll be contesting that record soon and hope to see the record change hands often......which is much more exciting.

Last edited by HowlerMonkey; 03-29-2012 at 09:50 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:52 AM
Where are y'all running at? Spill it.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:00 AM
NASA's 3 mile runway at Kennedy Space Center.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:48 AM
RIP Ray Hoffman.........the hawker sea fury is a fickle and remorseless *****.

I really wish he had gotten a chance to campaign a plane at reno with the same level of modern sophistication that his cars had..............would have had a big effect on the sport.

Old 12-29-2022, 07:01 AM
Time was not kind to many posts here.