American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Remeber General Lee? Check out General ZR1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 10:59 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
^ Welcome to 6speed.

I don't disagree with your post.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Banned
babymama is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
All of our perceptions and perspectives gives us a unique view of things. I understand that you're offended, and you've stated repeatedly why. I don't disagree with your position... I only disagreed with your necessity of stating that you're black, as if to imply that it offers more relevance to your point. As if a white person CAN'T be offended by racism. That is what I inferred (perhaps incorrectly) from your opening comment.
I definitely see what you are saying. I clearly cannot speak for rushmo, but it just seems as though he was stating a fact that, in a way, explains why he feels the way he feels. Because, like it or not, race does play a role. Not to say that being white means you can't feel offended the way someone who's black does. I'm an asian, car loving woman, and I personally find it offensive.

Maybe having used an American flag as an "updated" homage to Dukes of Hazzard would have been better in my opinion.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:02 AM
got_hp? has a spectacular aura aboutgot_hp? has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by rushmo
The reason I noted "black man" is because this is the very reason it offends me.
so it offends you BECAUSE youre black?
if you were white, it wouldnt offend you?
why should the color of your skin affect the way you think about a topic?

there is absolutely no reason to qualify your statements "as a black man", unless you think there is something "different" about black people that requires separating them. you are continuing to think in races, rather than a human race.

Read, look, learn. It was simple in Elementary school. The flag represents racism (the first time I've said it) in every way!
it represents racism only to the people who were TAUGHT that the flag represents racism. many people were brought up in the south with an entirely different concept of what the flag represents to them. there are many southern raised folk who carry the confederate flag for reasons that have nothing at all to do with slavery or racism at all.

since you brought up the reference, did you know the swastika is used in many countries (japan, korea, taiwan, india, mongolia and more) , to symbolize things that have nothing to do with hitler or germany. they were using it before hitler changed the common perception of it to the average person. should they stop using the swastika just because some other people view it as offensive and dont understand usage it?

This flag was against my ancestors gaining their freedom which equates and relates to me "AS A BLACK MAN".
do you speak out so actively in protest against the flags of the african tribesmen and countries that sold out their fellow kinsfolk to become slaves in the first place?

if you take time to read through history, you will find that just about every race and country of people has been the subject of slavery, genocide, or other atrocities of some kind. get over it.

Last edited by got_hp?; 06-03-2010 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Banned
rushmo is on a distinguished road
All of our perceptions and perspectives gives us a unique view of things. I understand that you're offended, and you've stated repeatedly why. I don't disagree with your position... I only disagreed with your necessity of stating that you're black, as if to imply that it offers more relevance to your point. As if a white person CAN'T be offended by racism. That is what I inferred (perhaps incorrectly) from your opening comment.

Thank you jaspergtr. I respect and understand your point. It just infurriates me when someone is bashed because they state their opinion and others jump on the band wagon. I had to show that I understood the first statement as a whole and felt he had a right to state his race or nationality.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:12 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I can understand that you are upset about the meaning behind it and the history behind it. But remember everything has meaning based on what context its presented in. A guy jogging down the road in a white hooded sweatshirt does not represent the same thing as a Klan member. A confederate flag waving in the wind behind some good old boys truck who is racist is alot different than someone wrapping their car to look like a TV car.

I can't tell you how to see the world, but everyone knows someone that is always making everything about them or about race. That is reverse racism and it tells me that maybe there is something about yourself that deep down that you hate, or question or do not like. Life is far too short to live based on others preconceived notions and prejudices.

There is no need to get rude or abrasive in this thread, because I doubt he is going to unwrap the car wether we like it or not! We can all agree to disagree and some of us ( not saying names) may need to take a good hard look in the mirror.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:12 AM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Some facts to point out:

The guy that owns the car is white. The guy that actually wrapped the car is black......Uh oh I said wrapper and black guy in the same sentence...I must be stereotyping or acting in a bigoted way in 'ol Rushmo's mind.

The Confederate Flag represents Southern Heritage. This has been debated ad nauseum. Google is your friend...look it up.

To Rushmo --- The word is "loser" not looser; the word is apathetic not abathetic.

Ignorance is oblivion? I think you mean "bliss", junior.

Sounds like you're the one without the "marbles".

Last edited by amerlemans; 06-03-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by got_hp?
so it offends you BECAUSE youre black?
if you were white, it wouldnt offend you?
why should the color of your skin affect the way you think about a topic?

there is absolutely no reason to qualify your statements "as a black man", unless you think there is something "different" about black people that requires separating them. you are continuing to think in races, rather than a human race.

it represents racism only to the people who were TAUGHT that the flag represents racism. many people were brought up in the south with an entirely different concept of what the flag represents to them. there are many southern raised folk who carry the confederate flag for reasons that have nothing at all to do with slavery or racism at all.

do you speak out so actively in protest against the flags of the african tribesmen and countries that sold out their fellow kinsfolk to become slaves in the first place?

if you take time to read through history, you will find that just about every race and country of people has been the subject of slavery, genocide, or other atrocities of some kind. get over it.
Hmmmph!

Last edited by rushmo; 06-03-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Banned
^ Welcome to 6speed.

I don't disagree with your post.
Thank you very much for the welcome! This is a great site and I will continue to visit through out my day. Cars keep me sane!

Old 06-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by babymama
I definitely see what you are saying. I clearly cannot speak for rushmo, but it just seems as though he was stating a fact that, in a way, explains why he feels the way he feels. Because, like it or not, race does play a role. Not to say that being white means you can't feel offended the way someone who's black does. I'm an asian, car loving woman, and I personally find it offensive.

Maybe having used an American flag as an "updated" homage to Dukes of Hazzard would have been better in my opinion.
It's a pleasure knowing that some people just "get it".

Old 06-03-2010, 12:15 PM
casaba is on a distinguished road
Wow this got ugly in a hurry, Hey Rushmo, no offense taken by me to your point, I don't agree but hey that's life my friend

Later

Old 06-03-2010, 02:01 PM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by amerlemans
Some facts to point out:

The guy that owns the car is white. The guy that actually wrapped the car is black......Uh oh I said wrapper and black guy in the same sentence...I must be stereotyping or acting in a bigoted way in 'ol Rushmo's mind.

The Confederate Flag represents Southern Heritage. This has been debated ad nauseum. Google is your friend...look it up.

To Rushmo --- The word is "loser" not looser; the word is apathetic not abathetic.

Ignorance is oblivion? I think you mean "bliss", junior.

Sounds like you're the one without the "marbles".

Someone should run an IP check on rushmo and babymama too if you ask me....

Old 06-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Le Pun will become famous soon enough
wow, this got different....

I am gonna have to read this sober tomorrow..

Old 06-03-2010, 10:33 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
As a Puerto Rican man, I will say that ZR1 looks ****.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:31 AM
BGolden will become famous soon enough
As a man w/ red blood. I concur w/ the **** statement.

By the way I am part white and part American indian. In the summer I look Mexican because I get so dark. So where should I stand in this racial debate?

People and their race card just kill me. Aren't we all people?

I still like the wrap offensive and all.

This is quiet amusing. Thanks.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:11 PM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
As a white man... I am offended that a black man thought I was black. I think I was racially profiled and that offends me. I am offended and think that he was coming down on my people. I am going right now to call Al Sharpton and Jesse James... I mean Jackson, to see if we can get a rally started to picket the fact that I... a white American male, was called black! Was he making a joke about my racial background? Making light of the fact that I am white and not black? I have lived with this for much too long. You have no idea the pain that my family has to put up with because I was referred to as a black man. Did I mention that I'm white? I'm a white man... did I mention the color of my skin enough to make my point?

Sorry to cause the racial riot on here. I'm going down to hang out with a bunch of black guys and talk about cars and my General Lee ZR1. I'm not kidding, I really am. They think this thread is completely blown out of proportion also and that some people need to just calm down and quit worrying about things that happened 130 years ago. We have enough problems in the world now a days to worry about. Poverty, hunger, homelessness, pollution, political corruption, diseases, etc, without having to hang on to things that happened over a century ago. I almost let this thread bother me until I looked at the 20 other sites this car is on and you know what? This is the only place where it was a problem like this. It's sad when one person out of hundreds can cause so many people trouble.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Remeber General Lee? Check out General ZR1