American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Remeber General Lee? Check out General ZR1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 09:33 AM
Le Pun will become famous soon enough
Well said Thomas, this is one of the reasons I left the 6 when it sold out to the man and deleted all my posts and admin account.

Good Day Sir!!!

Old 06-06-2010, 12:03 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Great post Thomas, good to see you and the Pun back here posting.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:41 PM
JHE
JHE is a jewel in the roughJHE is a jewel in the roughJHE is a jewel in the roughJHE is a jewel in the rough
Maybe it is that I'm just an old guy, but I like it!!

Old 06-06-2010, 02:02 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JHE
Maybe it is that I'm just an old guy, but I like it!!
Probably not; it's most likely that you just see it for what it is -- which is a pretty cool idea for a Gold Rush rally. Nothing more, nothing less. It would be awesome if Thomas had an audio version of the old horn to play....just to get all nostalgic and stuff

Anyhow - I'll be checking the threads after the rally on the other forums for pictures. Have fun Thomas and Pun. Sounds like it should be a blast.

Old 06-06-2010, 07:41 PM
Secure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud of
Looks great T! Its just a flag.........

Old 06-06-2010, 08:19 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rushmo
You don't have to be fn PC bro'. that sh-t is OFFENSIVE to me and I'll say it till I die. It has no place on any car that has class. So, not only is it offensive, but also has no class. As if the Corvette didn't already have trouble retaining an ounce of respect, the most respected iteration has to be be defaced with that looser bullcrap theme. If you had to question whether or not to do it the first place, most likely you shouldn't have.

Also, my point is not who all participated in slavery but who fought to continue slavery and camouflage it as states rights. Have fun kids!
umadbro?

Originally Posted by tblackj
Wow. Did not realize the hatred for a flag that represented a set of states that seperated decades ago.

The guy that wrapped the car is a very good friend of mine. His family and my family have been doing business for two generations. He knows me well and knows how I feel and how I view everybody. He just so happens to also be a black man. I was with him for a few hours while he wrapped the car and he laughed at me when I told him that some people weren't going to like this because it had a confederate flag on top. He said that it was a TV show and had nothing to do with racism or hatred of black people. The fact that you compared it to the Swastika is even beyond reason. Comparing a group of southern states that seceded from the US to a country that commited genocide on almost 8 million people is just a huge stretch to me.

My Grandfather was Indian. My Grandmother was Indian. You have never heard me get offended at pictures of the army calvary or get pissed that the US is sitting on what used to be my ancestors land. Slavery was horrible and should not have happened but to dwell on it and keep it alive and active in the world we live only breeds conflict and hatred among people who know it is not a reality in this time. No one has slaves anymore and NO ONE thinks it was okay.

I am truly sorry that the car offends you. It was done in a playful way immitating a car from a TV show. I do appreciate your comments and the fact that you spoke up.
well said........you are like the Ted Nugent of 6speedonline!!!

Originally Posted by SINISTR
Some of you need to man up. This is a car forum and the guy did a wrap to match a car from a TV show....give me a break. Nobody was trying to be offensive.
+1 as always SIN

Originally Posted by rushmo
Man up? No one is passing judgement on the person who did this, certainly not me. This all started when one person expressed his opinion on the theme. He was immediately belittled and jumped on for expressing his thoughts. I just happen to have the same feeling about the theme and felt that I should express my thoughts. Immediately everyone started taking up for the gentleman who did the wrap. I'll say it again. If you are not sensitive and make a choice. Expect that someone may be sensitive to your choice and express their views. They have a right to. Whether he was trying to be offensive is not the question. Read, research, look at the "recent" news and history. The Confederate Flag is offensive to many a people no matter how it is used in a "so called" fun way.
umadbro?

Originally Posted by jaspergtr
This thread has turned in an odd direction...

I'm not exactly sure why someone must preface their opinion with "as a black man...". Should I preface all of my opinions with "as a white man..."?

I'm not sure how the color of MY skin has anything to do with my opinion. Does that make it more or less valid?
if you are white then sure, why not?

Originally Posted by babymama
I completely relate with what rushmo is trying to say. I am not black and I personally find it to be offensive as well. It is our experiences that shape how we veiw the world, and it happens to be that rushmo's experiences as a black man contribute to why he is offended. If he were white, maybe he wouldn't be, but then again, maybe he still would find it to be offensive. The point I am trying to make is that his history and ancestry is a direct cause of why he feels the way he does.

I realize that we are disputing a mute point simply because people will feel the way they feel, but this country allows all of us to share our opinion. You don't have to agree, but I do feel as though we should be respectful of everyone's options, black, white, or purple.

Didn't you star in a movie a few years back? Is that you Tyrese?

Old 06-06-2010, 08:41 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
This thread has moved completely off topic, and is plagued with trolls with multiple user accounts. Closed.