American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Project GTS: Stock Motor Twin Turbo build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 04:43 PM
Former Vendor
DC Performance is a jewel in the roughDC Performance is a jewel in the roughDC Performance is a jewel in the roughDC Performance is a jewel in the rough
You will need to sump those turbochargers and install a crankcase breather system.
You may want to consider tuning the production computer for a 2-Bar Map and not using the FIC.

Good Luck,

Dan

Old 09-02-2010, 11:33 PM
'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light
^ Thanks for the heads up. What do you suggest then SCT?

Old 09-03-2010, 08:18 AM
kkilmore89 is a name known to allkkilmore89 is a name known to allkkilmore89 is a name known to allkkilmore89 is a name known to allkkilmore89 is a name known to allkkilmore89 is a name known to all
Love the old bubble top gts vipers. I absolutely LOOVVEEEE these cars, and then to turbo these monsters. You have one of my dream car man! Awesome build!!!

Old 09-03-2010, 08:19 AM
NJSPEEDER will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 'Trust'
Edit: Seller seems to think that modifying the downpipes/flex pipe so I can run the exhaust I want means I knew the turbos wouldn't fit, lol. I don't think he understands that the turbos have to go on before the downpipes can go on to run the exhaust. Lol.
Don't **** around with someone like that. Go to the police and get a report, have an attorney write up a letter, and send him the letter and a copy of the police report informing him that he either makes it right or you will go after him for the cost of the correct replacement turbos, anything the shop time he wasted costs, and legal expenses.

No need to ***** foot around when someone is being a ****bag.

-Tim

Old 09-03-2010, 08:34 AM
'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER
Don't **** around with someone like that. Go to the police and get a report, have an attorney write up a letter, and send him the letter and a copy of the police report informing him that he either makes it right or you will go after him for the cost of the correct replacement turbos, anything the shop time he wasted costs, and legal expenses.

No need to ***** foot around when someone is being a ****bag.

-Tim
That isn't a bad idea at this point! Would I file a report with my local PD, or his?

Old 09-03-2010, 11:51 AM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
That isn't a bad idea at this point! Would I file a report with my local PD, or his?
Yours and I think they would contact the local police who would then get in touch with him. I could be wrong but I am pretty sure that will work. Good luck. You have one of my favorite cars of all time in the best color combination with fiske wheels I used to dream of. Best of luck with the project.

Old 09-03-2010, 01:11 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Interesting build. What clutch are you going to use and what size injectors? Any extra fuel pumps and modified fuel rails? Those turbochargers will spool quick and you will love those for the street.

Old 09-03-2010, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by art4iza
Great build. What clutch, injectors, extra fuel pumps? Any modified rails for the fuel pump unless you have it already.
Clutch is a Spec 3+, held the nitrous no problem, but it will most likely end up with a twin disc. Fuel system is basically a Weldon 2025 pump, -10an feed, custom rails, 1000cc injectors, boost reference FPR, etc.

Old 09-03-2010, 01:56 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Twin disc will be a great addition to hold that kind of power. Heffner used those 62mm turbos on the TTG's and they were able to put down similar power to your goals. The tricky part to RWD cars is to put all the power down on the ground. Those TTG's being AWD are planted on the ground. I saw some of those at the Texas Mile and man those cars were rock solid. RWD cars are insane at top speed it almost feels as if the front wheels are on the air. Best of Luck and hope you take that Rocket to the Mile.
-Art

Clutch is a Spec 3+, held the nitrous no problem, but it will most likely end up with a twin disc. Fuel system is basically a Weldon 2025 pump, -10an feed, custom rails, 1000cc injectors, boost reference FPR, etc.

Old 09-03-2010, 01:58 PM
Peter,
Long time no talk, hope all is well bro. So when is the G getting the TT treatment

Originally Posted by houstonT
Congrats! I remember your car and Fikse wheels from TX2K10! I hope you bring this beast to TX2K11...

I had a front mount TT GTS Viper built by RSI. While it made 1478 rwhp on race gas, it was the most fun and fastest street car I've driven right at the 950 rwhp level. It would basically beat 99.99% of the cars out here in Houston on that setting as the way it made the power was amazing. Then again, I had twin 76 mm turbo's on the car and so it made power very progressively throughout the RPM range.

Peter

Old 09-03-2010, 06:11 PM
Papasmurf is on a distinguished road
You sir are accomplishing a dream of mine. Love the project, and good luck with the build.

Old 09-03-2010, 07:33 PM
Thanks for all the comments guys. I'm looking forward to the end result!

Old 09-06-2010, 06:30 PM
mcmillion is on a distinguished road
Hope everything works out with the seller. I'll be following your build.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:15 PM
Electralux is on a distinguished road
nice set up..i have same set up with twin 76 mil turbos 950 to 1000 hp on pumpgas 93 octane..I have rods and motor built for that possible miss happppp but you will love every second behind the wheel.. good luck with the build..

sean

Old 09-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Electralux is on a distinguished road
heres a pic of my motor..

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Project GTS: Stock Motor Twin Turbo build