Aftermarket exhaust in Phoenix area?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 10:13 AM
dnewc2s is on a distinguished road
Aftermarket exhaust in Phoenix area?

I'm potentially going for my third exhaust system. My 997.1 C2S came with stock exhaust and I initially switched to Fabspeed mufflers, then switched to a used set of PSE. Love the PSE, but it's developing a buzzing sound at 3K RPM and the dealer seems to think it's the exhaust.

So, I'm looking to potentially switch to AWE free flow cats and mufflers, but I'd really like to hear them first hand before I make the plunge. Anyone nearby with AWE?

BTW, here's my take based on first hand experience and YouTube clips:

Original: way too tame for a sports car

Fabspeed: good noise level and felt a little gutsier at higher RPM but droned a little just below 3K RPM and the tone was raspy. I know a GT3 sounds raspy too, but this was different. It sounded cheap to me.

PSE: Love the sound. I'd ideally like a SLIGHTLY higher tone that mimics a GT3. No weight savings, no extra power.

AWE: based on clips, it sounds even a little raspier than the Fabspeeds, but the potential of gaining some power with the system might sway me.

Cargraphic: (the only other system I was think of) Is expensive, but this seems to be the closest sound to the PSE, with the advantage of a little extra HP and saved weight.

I checked out all the rest- Tubi, After Hours, etc, but for cost/value/performance, it seems like AWE is best. As a second option strictly for sound, I was thinking of Cargraphic.

Any comments on this would be appreciated, and if any local guys have aftermarket exhaust I can hear, I'd love to meet up.

Thanks.