Aston Martin Vendor Classifieds vendor classified area...do not post here unless you are a forum sponsor

Supercharger or Turbo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 10:24 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
In spite of our being overenthusiastic and undertalented, we are making good progress, fitting some work on this project in around some new Jaguar, McLaren & Porsche products.

Some more pictures coming in the next few days. Now that all the jigs are done, we have the parts coated, and the larger injectors in, we are on to final install and then to start fine tuning the maps and doing some road testing, monitoring of heat on adjacent components, etc.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-04-2017, 02:27 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
It's been a month since your last update. Anything new?

Old 03-05-2017, 10:15 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
It's all in, final install completed this week.

View this post on Instagram

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-05-2017, 01:21 PM
pikajew is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
It's all in, final install completed this week.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRNLCw2A...iveperformance
Stuart, am I going to have to drop another wad of cash at your doorsteps??? Can't wait for the details and your input on the possibility of what could be achieved with this in conjunction with everything else I just bought from you. 👍👍👍

Old 03-05-2017, 01:43 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by pikajew
Stuart, am I going to have to drop another wad of cash at your doorsteps??? Can't wait for the details and your input on the possibility of what could be achieved with this in conjunction with everything else I just bought from you. 👍👍👍
Once we get this on the dyno and log some road miles, I'll be posting here with some options for people. This is going to be a slow burn though.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-05-2017, 03:21 PM
pikajew is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Once we get this on the dyno and log some road miles, I'll be posting here with some options for people. This is going to be a slow burn though.
Beautiful. Thanks Stuart.

Old 03-05-2017, 03:29 PM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
Wow nice

Old 03-06-2017, 02:08 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Pretty impressive! I'm looking forward to seeing the dyno and what happens during the shakedown time.

Old 03-06-2017, 02:14 PM
That.s a 4.3. Will this also become available for the 4.7?

Old 03-13-2017, 10:29 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by deckman
That.s a 4.3. Will this also become available for the 4.7?
Most of the kit will fit a 4.7, there's a couple of different things on the front end of the engine that might require us to do one in house first.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-13-2017, 10:33 PM
Basic Sponsor
Hoping to get the car on the dyno next week. Just have a couple of fuel line fittings I'm waiting on, we rigged something up that 'works' just to get things up and running, but now that it's all in and we know where everything will end up we can do our final routing.

Will probably be a few sessions and some road stuff just to get it all dialed in.

Then I need to have a heart to heart with all you people who are interested and talk about the project, the pricing and how we might go ahead with it. We definitely won't be able to make them economically one at a time, so it might be a question of running 10 off if that's the demand level, and then we may not make any more until there's another 10 orders or something like that.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-14-2017, 11:54 AM
skywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the rough
Stuart,

I am looking forward to seeing how it runs. My main concern will be engine bay temperatures. Living in the Phoenix area I would still like to occasionally drive my car in the summer months. Do you have plans to instrument the engine bay to monitor those temps while running? I am more than willing to dial back boost for summer months but I am still concerned about the exhaust path routing and ambient temps.

I can see that with all the individual fabricated components that this is no easy undertaking for a production run. The initial jig set-up alone for the plumbing weldments is a significant task of it's own.

Impressive work so far.

Old 03-14-2017, 11:56 AM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by skywagon
Stuart,

I am looking forward to seeing how it runs. My main concern will be engine bay temperatures. Living in the Phoenix area I would still like to occasionally drive my car in the summer months. Do you have plans to instrument the engine bay to monitor those temps while running? I am more than willing to dial back boost for summer months but I am still concerned about the exhaust path routing and ambient temps.

I can see that with all the individual fabricated components that this is no easy undertaking for a production run. The initial jig set-up alone for the plumbing weldments is a significant task of it's own.

Impressive work so far.
V12 Vantage hood has vents over those pipes

Old 03-14-2017, 12:08 PM
Well this project has to cost less than just selling my current car and buying a V12

Old 03-14-2017, 12:11 PM
skywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Redpants
V12 Vantage hood has vents over those pipes
I know it would go with the bumper upgrade kit but I am not a fan of the V12 hood. The simple 2 mesh exits are so much simpler. The V12 hood reminds me of the chopped S2000 hoods that were popular for a few years. When I owned a mint original S2k it was sad to see them chopped like this:

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Supercharger or Turbo?