Aston Martin Vendor Classifieds vendor classified area...do not post here unless you are a forum sponsor

Jack pads for Vantage, DB9

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2019, 10:07 AM
kumayama is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by hsm precision
Hi Kumayama - yes, the DBS and DB9 pads are the same.

Thanks,

matt
Ok thanks,

Old 10-31-2019, 07:53 AM
kardaddy is an unknown quantity at this point
How to order jack pads ?

Matt,
I am new to this site.I want to order a set foe a DB9 volante whats the procedure?

Old 10-31-2019, 08:59 AM
Former Vendor
hsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to behold
Hi,
Thanks for your interest in the pads. If you open the store page, click on the pad that fits your car. You should be able then to add to cart. Please add a note to the order as to your color preference.
If you like, I can send you an invoice that has a link to pay from.

Thanks,

matt

Old 11-08-2019, 07:46 AM
Former Vendor
hsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to behold
I have a quick update on the pads - due to a catastrophic failure in my mill, I'm not able to manufacture any pads at this time. I hope to be back up and running 1st week of Dec. (I had the motor fail, which cascaded to the motor drive, and some of the wiring - lots of smoke...)
In the meantime, I've set stock levels at 0, and refunded any open orders. Thanks to everyone for their patience.

matt

Old 11-11-2019, 11:46 AM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Hey Moviestar...not nice...HSM re Matt a sponsor on this forum started this thread...you should have been nicer and started your own for the products being listed after clearing with 6speed.
Not very fair to this vendor that I have used and appreciate with his honest replies.
Yours I question!

Old 11-11-2019, 11:54 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
thanks Aldv...problem fixed.

Old 11-24-2019, 02:22 PM
Former Vendor
The pads are available again - machine is back up and running .

Thanks ALDV and GT3Chuck for keeping thread on track - much appreciated.

Matt

Old 11-26-2019, 07:49 AM
Former Vendor
I haven't posted any images of pads lately - here is a set completed yesterday through anodizing for a DB9 (also fits DBS and Vanquish).

Thanks,

Matt

Old 11-28-2019, 09:59 PM
Awdition is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Jack Pads and Jack Bar

I bought a set of jack pads and a jack bar (see photo) recently from HSM Precision. They are very well engineered and make it a sinch to lift your car safely. I would recommend you buy a set of either (or both in my case) - Matt does a great job and these are produced to order...so you are not going to get them anywhere else any cheaper.

Old 11-29-2019, 11:45 AM
Former Vendor
Thanks so much for the positive feedback - happy to see the bar being used. (and your car looks great).

Matt

Old 03-15-2020, 06:36 AM
Former Vendor
Bumping to the top
Matt

Old 07-31-2020, 08:28 PM
LiquidPT is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by hsm precision
Hi David,

Thanks for the comments - some more in depth documentation is on my list of needs. I'll be working on this this weekend.

-The base of the pad is 3.25" in diameter. I made this to fit on a harbor freight low profile jack.

Looking at you picture, the front pad looks like the S or roadster, but does not have the same undertray that comes right up to the jack point (see attached image - its the opposite side of the car from your image, but shows the bolt where your image has the threaded hole.)
3 years later... still no documentation....

I think the picture for the V8VS has them laid out in the correct position (as if you were standing at the back of the car looking at them. Is that correct? And I assume that I need to remove the rubber plugs under the car to insert these?

Sorry, brand new to the Vantage and I'm a bit paranoid about lifting it.

Thanks
Matt

Old 07-31-2020, 09:38 PM
Former Vendor
Yes, documentation is a bit behind

You are correct that the rubber plugs need to be removed.

Here is a layout of the way the pads should fit in the car - for a V8V Roadster or S, there is only 1 way they will fit. The ones with the S shaped top are for the rears.

Old 08-01-2020, 12:41 PM
ccfulton is on a distinguished road
I expect they are probably the same but would like to confirm: Will the DB9 jack pads work for the Virage?

And do you have a jack bar option for the DB9/Virage? The square stock is not a big deal, I can source that locally and cut to the proper length.

Old 08-01-2020, 01:12 PM
Former Vendor
Hi,

I think the Virage is the same as a DB9, but it would be good if you could take a picture of the front and rear jack points to confirm.

I do not currently have a bar solution, although if you have 1" square stock handy, I can send you 3D printed test pieces that can be used to confirm that the clearances are right. I have the design done, but no model to try them on.
Matt

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Jack pads for Vantage, DB9