Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

vantage - what's it like as a daily drive?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 08:20 PM
alpina is on a distinguished road
vantage - what's it like as a daily drive?

hi all,

first post on the aston group and have to say that normally this is not a car that we would consider .... BUT ... it looks so gorgeous

our situation is this ... we are up for new cars. one option is to buy something like a vantage and keep 1 of our existing cars (audi s4). other option is to buy 2 new cars (s5 and q7). we have no kids and can live with the space limitations of the vantage.

thing is we need a very easy to live with daily drive that is super reliable. nothing i hate more than a car that spends anymore time than regular service intervals in the workshop.

speed is nice but if we go for the 1 car option it will not be the #1 factor as i'll be driving it most of the time with hubby driving it on weekends.

i dont drive manual so sequential it will have to be.

for what its worth in terms of colour, im thinking white on red interior.

where is the vantage in terms of product life / revisions? any women out there driving them and if so, what do you think? btw, if we go audi combo i'll be driving the q7. s5 is very nice, drives well, sounds good and auto is an option (unlike rs4 (hubby will need to adjust ) but i cant help thinking about the vantage also.

so what do you think?

thanks

julie

Old 10-08-2007, 08:35 PM
81911 is on a distinguished road
I am not sure so don't quote me but I think they are somewhat aggravating with repairs.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:30 PM
DynamicMotoring is on a distinguished road
The Vantage has proven to be a reliable car.

Now, my opinions on the car. An all red interior would be old very quickly, in my opinion. White looks fantastic on a Vantage, so maybe a white exterior, and a white and red interior.

If you find a car that you like and its a manual, dont be lazy, learn how to drive a proper car. Its not tough, so just because you cant drive manual you shouldnt turn down the car. When you were a kid you didnt say you didnt want a bicycle because you couldnt ride, you just learned.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:11 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Go for the Silver Hue's , Grey , Blue or Green and thats what I reccomend you to go by a traditional aston martin colour combination that can be sold easily as a second hand care if you decide to sell it later on.

Checkout Monaco Blue, British Racing Green, Meteorite Silver, Mercury Silver, Tungestn Silver.

Old 10-09-2007, 08:47 AM
kaz555 is a jewel in the roughkaz555 is a jewel in the roughkaz555 is a jewel in the rough
Get the Aston Martin Vantage N24.

Old 10-09-2007, 03:29 PM
cpham53 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by kaz555
Get the Aston Martin Vantage N24.
Watch the new Top Gear episode and decide if you want it for a daily driver
Unless they refine it a lot more for the public version.

4 Parts, but worth it.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO74b7If5MU[/media][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CKLy40RBPw[/media][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEiHQIi0pTk[/media][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r00mijzkQeI[/media]

Last edited by cpham53; 10-09-2007 at 03:31 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:52 PM
MementoMori is on a distinguished road
My neighbor has a black/black Vantage and it's absolutely stunning. I suggest not going with any crazy colors - it's not a Lambo. A more reserved, gentlemanly car deserves more reserved, gentlemanly colors.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:35 PM
robbie is on a distinguished road
My advice is to wait it out a bit and keep your eyes open for a used one with relatively low mileage.

Jump on Ebay and punch in vantage and see what they are going for used. This will give you an idea as to how much they depreciate over the years. Right now the roadster is in high demand.

Reflecting back, and with hindsight you will be much happier to know that the depreciation is much more limited with a used one as opposed to buying one of the floor room. If you have money to kill by all means buy a new one.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 10-11-2007, 05:19 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
Pearl White, Navy blue with white stitching, light bamboo wood, silver brake calipers and enjoy!!!

Old 10-12-2007, 10:18 AM
emissary will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Griza
Pearl White, Navy blue with white stitching, light bamboo wood, silver brake calipers and enjoy!!!
Does anyone have any pictures of a car like this? I keep checking eBay looking for one with bamboo wood interior, but I've yet to find any pictures.

Old 10-12-2007, 10:29 AM
robbie is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cpham53
Watch the new Top Gear episode and decide if you want it for a daily driver
Unless they refine it a lot more for the public version.

4 Parts, but worth it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO74b7If5MUhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CKLy40RBPwhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEiHQIi0pTkhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r00mijzkQeI
Good stuff. I enjoyed it very much.

Old 10-12-2007, 10:30 PM
Moogle is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by emissary
Does anyone have any pictures of a car like this? I keep checking eBay looking for one with bamboo wood interior, but I've yet to find any pictures.
You can only get the car from the factory with Piano Black or Dark Silver.
some people have the wood parts from the DB9, or even custom carbon fibre, fitted aftermarket or through works service, but this is very rare
so you will not often find these cars on ebay.

Check on AMOC.org or the rennteam forums and search for vantages. there is quite a larger collection of owners' cars on those sites.

Old 10-14-2007, 05:23 AM
IIVVX will become famous soon enoughIIVVX will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by DynamicMotoring
If you find a car that you like and its a manual, dont be lazy, learn how to drive a proper car. Its not tough, so just because you cant drive manual you shouldnt turn down the car. When you were a kid you didnt say you didnt want a bicycle because you couldnt ride, you just learned.
well said! flappy paddles on this car would amount to heresy

Old 10-23-2007, 02:34 AM
bCaHnIaCnKa is on a distinguished road
there's an asian chick that drives this car daily at my school ... i dunno how it is to drive but it sure is good to look at / hear

Old 10-23-2007, 11:23 AM
bubba is on a distinguished road
I’ve been driving mine daily with no issues for two months now. For me, switching to Aston Martin after a long progression of 911s was welcome change. The Vantage is clearly a much more adult vehicle... not the boy racer the 911 is. I never really cared for 911s. I drove them because there were limited alternatives which appealed to me. - I’m exactly the Vantage’s target audience. - That being said, I couldn’t recommend using a Vantage as daily transport more highly. They’re wonderful cars!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: vantage - what's it like as a daily drive?