Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 09:10 AM
JWC6 is on a distinguished road
Orange County CA Accident

http://www.ocregister.com/news/polic...2-beach-sailor

My prayers go out to Dr. Sein's Family.

Old 02-25-2008, 10:10 AM
paragongja is on a distinguished road
What a shame. How does one have a fatal injury from a rear end accident? Seatbelt?

Old 02-25-2008, 11:20 AM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by JWC6
http://www.ocregister.com/news/polic...2-beach-sailor

My prayers go out to Dr. Sein's Family.
Wow... That is crazy sad...

Old 02-25-2008, 01:58 PM
Eurorus is on a distinguished road
RIP, very sad story!

very strange, the car looks pretty good, I mean no heavy demages...

Old 02-25-2008, 02:12 PM
master_jcp will become famous soon enoughmaster_jcp will become famous soon enough
It looks like the Airbags hasn`t worked. I think the AM has airbags or? RIP

Old 02-25-2008, 02:46 PM
srtricky is a splendid one to beholdsrtricky is a splendid one to beholdsrtricky is a splendid one to beholdsrtricky is a splendid one to beholdsrtricky is a splendid one to beholdsrtricky is a splendid one to beholdsrtricky is a splendid one to behold
RIP thats sad!

I am surprised that the accident was fatal. The damage on the AM doesn't look that bad.

Old 02-25-2008, 03:54 PM
parkedr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by master_jcp
It looks like the Airbags hasn`t worked. I think the AM has airbags or? RIP
That was the first thing that I noticed when I saw the picture. I'm pretty sure we have airbags.

The whole thing is horrible. I live pretty close to the accident and drive that same route daily.

Old 02-25-2008, 04:00 PM
alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !
Wow, very sad. Must've forgot to wear his seat belt. RIP

Old 02-26-2008, 01:07 PM
pratt is on a distinguished road
acceleration-decceleraton sheering forces sustained in an accident like this can be fatal, especially if he was at a complete stop and the drunk idiot who hit him was travelling at high speeds. If he was unrestrained everything is much worse

Old 02-26-2008, 01:27 PM
emthree is on a distinguished road
I'm not sure about AM, but a lot of cars are designed so the airbags don't pop under 5mph or at dead stop.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:14 PM
Moogle is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by emthree
I'm not sure about AM, but a lot of cars are designed so the airbags don't pop under 5mph or at dead stop.
Examples?!

Old 02-26-2008, 08:57 PM
icedragon is on a distinguished road
The Dodge may have hit the Aston's rear at high speed, causing the passengers to experience an intense whiplash. Car seats can only somewhat reduce the whiplash experience. Plus, the passengers were both in their 60's, their bodies may not have been able to cope with such a whiplash.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:03 PM
imolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of light
like icedragon said, at the age the driver was.... if there was indeed whiplash, during a whiplash situation, your intervertebral discs shift, depending on the force, they can snap your spinal chord among other things causing you to die. if the guy was any younger, he would have probably lived. i was in a similar accident in 2004 and i am still in physical therapy because of it.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:25 AM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
wow! rip. people who drink and drive should also be killed on the spot!!!

Old 02-27-2008, 11:51 AM
richtor is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by icedragon
The Dodge may have hit the Aston's rear at high speed, causing the passengers to experience an intense whiplash. Car seats can only somewhat reduce the whiplash experience. Plus, the passengers were both in their 60's, their bodies may not have been able to cope with such a whiplash.
i am guessing that there was no impact from the front the airbags had no reason to inflate. does the aston have side airbags standard/optional?

to expand on the thoughts above, with a rear end collision from my understanding its very much the strength and support the back and neck braces and how well they do their job that will keep the occupents safe. from that one photo we have no clue on how well these safety restraints held up in that collision. is there any idea how far the accident pushed the aston foward into the intersection?

edit: it does look like the aston is on the far side of the intersection. how much force would it take to push a 4000lb car at a dead stop with brake on(assumption that the driver had his foot on the brake) 50+ ft?

Last edited by richtor; 02-27-2008 at 11:54 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Orange County CA Accident