Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Clearbra?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 10:41 PM
TheAMV8 is on a distinguished road
Question Clearbra?

Anyone had clearbar applied to their AM?

Would love to hear opinions as well as what folks paid to get it done (Dealer is quoting me $1500)

Old 08-10-2008, 07:55 PM
icedragon is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Try Premier Protective Films.

It's a small company based in Northern California. They also make regular trips to the Southern California cities.

Their work is impeccable. They specialize in covering entire body panels in clear, protective film. By covering the entire panel, you won't see the film or film edges. They also apply the film past the ends of body panels so that again, you don't notice the film or film edges.

Here is their website:
http://www.premiermobilegroup.com/index.shtml

Here are some examples of their work.

For $1,500, they could probably do all your front body panels. Or for a bit more, your entire car!

Work in progress. They really go all out.

Finished work. Flawless. No film edges to be seen.

Old 08-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
I did not do my whole car but am extremely happy (front, headlights, side pillars, rock areas on sides). Have had two rock incidents and the clear bra totally took the impact and saved my paint. A small thin line is nothing compaired to the protection. Depending on how much is covered $1500 is not out of line. I did find the individual company that does the work, going direct saved quite a few bucks.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:29 PM
stearnsn is an unknown quantity at this point
I debated with myself for a while on this and came up with:
1. If you do it to entire panels, it looks much better
2. The AM paint is VERY nice and when you see it under plastic it is just average. I saw one with film at the dealer last week that was the same silver as mine and said "what is wrong with the paint?". Then I noticed the film. It was a good job but it took away the "liquid" look of the paint.
3. My Lotus was hit in a parking lot and only the film was damaged, the paint would have been toast without it. A good argument for...
4. I have a few chips, I hate seeing them but I still think I made the right choice.

Old 08-11-2008, 02:56 PM
KINGS POWER will become famous soon enoughKINGS POWER will become famous soon enough
There is another option I've found, it's called Speed Armor, I've seen a few of the Ferrari guys use it. It is a clear coat spray applied by a process much like painting a car, it becomes one with the factory clear coat, so you cannot tell it's there, but there was a guy on FerrariChat named darkkaangel that has it on his 348 Spyder he had a rock hit him at some insane speed with no damage.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:18 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
I wondered if there were any new paint protection products out there. Thanks for the heads up.
I have front end, rockers and rear fenderers done.

Its hard to even see the line(s).

Attached Images