Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Car mats for AM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
Car mats for AM

Did you notice that your AM floor mats are permenantly attached to your car - and not what we typically call a car floor mat here in the US - in other words a "second" layer ?
Seeing AM wanted over $500 for a set of mats I decided to shop around for an alternative. I just received a set of car mats for my 2007 Vantage from lloyd mats - ordered via email thru one of their distibutors. They are the company that a great many folks use for their Porsche - I've ordered many sets over the years with "PORSCHE" embossed in the mat - been very happy w/ them (some say they are the official Porsche mat company). Well the fit is great for my AM (both driver, passenger & trunk) and the quality is also very good especially compaired to others I found - and they were not custom cut for an AM. The price was also much better than other custom cuts that I had no history with - driver/passenger $75 - trunk - $60. They can not be embossed w/ AM logo but are 5X less expensive !!! They also do not come w/ a heal pad (did not for Porsche either) and you can not order via official AM colors but they do offer quite a few color choices.
I ordered "Graphite" color 128 thinking it was a dark grey - well it is but does have a slight green hue - which Mercury Silver really pulls out. You can get a color swatch sent if in doubt - and no I do not work for them - just came up w/ a nicely priced alternative for Dad and kids when Mom has the SUV !!!

Old 08-21-2008, 08:52 AM
plessdude is on a distinguished road
I also ordered a set of these mats from Lloyds. I ordered them in black and although their black is slightly more black than the carpet in my car the fit was perfect. For $150 vs $500 for the factory set, it is a no brainer.