Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New Vantage Owner - $15k upgrades, what to do??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 07:36 PM
idanny is on a distinguished road
Hey Artlu I am a college student and stumbled upon your thread. I love cars, I would love to drive an Aston Martin one day. How did you do it? I am extremely motivated and have been working since twelve. But how did you do it so fast? Any Education?

Sorry I know this forum isnt for this type of question.
Your car kicks ***.

Thanks Danny.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:43 PM
PirateDanger is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by idanny
Hey Artlu I am a college student and stumbled upon your thread. I love cars, I would love to drive an Aston Martin one day. How did you do it? I am extremely motivated and have been working since twelve. But how did you do it so fast? Any Education?

Sorry I know this forum isnt for this type of question.
Your car kicks ***.

Thanks Danny.
Try http://artlu.net/about.html

Old 02-02-2009, 07:40 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by artlu
I am in the Lehigh Valley.
you should take a trip to the PHL area. We could fill the spots in front of rouge/the devon and parc...would be a nice show...

Old 02-02-2009, 10:08 AM
Banned
artlu will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by sechsgang
you should take a trip to the PHL area. We could fill the spots in front of rouge/the devon and parc...would be a nice show...
sure.. just keep me posted on the details.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:29 AM
emturbo has a spectacular aura aboutemturbo has a spectacular aura about
I'd save some money for suspension and brakes. If you want to up the power, you'll want to be able to control it.

Old 02-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
Well I guess i need to pipe in and help you "kids" out - never thought I would say that !!
Artlu - I have the Power Pack, QC exhaust (have tried all 3 versions), Springs, 200 cell cats, new interior lights (much brighter) and have K&N filters on order ... all on my 2007 4.3 ltr (same as your 08) ... PM me and I'll give you all the facts ...

Old 02-02-2009, 01:52 PM
BTW - as nice as the Power pack is ... it does not give you the throttle response of a E46 M3 ... AM is faster but you do not get that type of throttle feel as w/ the BMW "Race Button" turned on

Old 02-02-2009, 02:01 PM
Banned
artlu will become famous soon enough
Michael,

I am still new, and cannot PM yet... can you drop me an email at artlu@artlu.net and I will get back to you? I used to live in South Tampa, and in fact, I am flying down Thursday for Gasparilla. I hope to be "moving" back in October of this year if not earlier.

-Anthony

Old 02-02-2009, 03:24 PM
stearnsn is an unknown quantity at this point
Michael, I've not found a K&N for our cars. Are you using one made for another brand and making it fit?

Old 02-03-2009, 06:34 AM
My dealer checked out the dimensions and believe they have found a standard part number of a K&N that will fit AM V8V stock air box ... I'm checking the dimensions out too and will order, if fits I'll share the K & N part number with all ... I just don't want to be wrong and end up handing out bad info ... yes, we are looking for fit w/o mods to filter or box. I did not know K&N made so many different sizes/shapes !

Old 02-03-2009, 04:01 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Michael 996TT
My dealer checked out the dimensions and believe they have found a standard part number of a K&N that will fit AM V8V stock air box ... I'm checking the dimensions out too and will order, if fits I'll share the K & N part number with all ... I just don't want to be wrong and end up handing out bad info ... yes, we are looking for fit w/o mods to filter or box. I did not know K&N made so many different sizes/shapes !
I have emailed K&N twice with no response. I was told by a dealer that a K&N filter plus power pack really makes a difference. I was holding off until spring hoping to get some kind of sport filter. Once again you're the pioneer Mike. Let us know if the part is wright

Old 02-04-2009, 01:30 AM
blitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to behold
dont forget about the rich freshmen college kids (18yr old) that have a dbs, ferrari and lambo lol it is pretty common in most of the preppy league schools. ;-)

Old 02-04-2009, 07:04 AM
jaymaoney - thanks for the prop, it most likely will take a week or 2 to get the facts and delivery, work keeps getting in the way of fun!!! I'll certainly get the news out if this works - our goal is a stock "performance" filter that is easy to order !
I think I stated earlier, the Power Kit still uses a stock AM filter but does add a "flap" that opens in the new airbox (I believe this is now like the DB9 - opens at higher RPMs) that is provided in the kit. I am also experimenting w/ drilling some extra holes in the old airbox to add more air flow to the filter - I'll keep posted on this little performance trick too (from my old P-car 964 days), as in does it work or not.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:21 AM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Michael 996TT
jaymaoney - thanks for the prop, it most likely will take a week or 2 to get the facts and delivery, work keeps getting in the way of fun!!! I'll certainly get the news out if this works - our goal is a stock "performance" filter that is easy to order !
I think I stated earlier, the Power Kit still uses a stock AM filter but does add a "flap" that opens in the new airbox (I believe this is now like the DB9 - opens at higher RPMs) that is provided in the kit. I am also experimenting w/ drilling some extra holes in the old airbox to add more air flow to the filter - I'll keep posted on this little performance trick too (from my old P-car 964 days), as in does it work or not.
Thanks MIke

Old 02-10-2009, 03:46 PM
NWS Alpine is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by blitzo
dont forget about the rich freshmen college kids (18yr old) that have a dbs, ferrari and lambo lol it is pretty common in most of the preppy league schools. ;-)

There is a big difference between those who have those cars because of their family money (ie they didn't work for it) and those who worked on their own and bought the cars with their own money.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Vantage Owner - $15k upgrades, what to do??