Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New Vantage Owner - $15k upgrades, what to do??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 08:00 AM
Banned
artlu will become famous soon enough
New Vantage Owner - $15k upgrades, what to do??

Hi All,

I am somewhat new to the forum. I purchased a 2008 V8 Vantage Roadster in Black with Iron Ore interior and a burgundy top. As far as I know, it is the only colour combination in the US like this. Pics are at http://artlu.net/pics/aston -- more to come in the spring! (I can't wait to move back to Tampa next year!!!)

Anyway, I love the car, but even though it is faster than my previous M3 it does not "Feel" faster. So, I am planning to sink about $15k more into the car in order to get that more aggressive feel. Specifically, on the throttle response at lower RPMs. So, with my current budget, I am thinking of the following items.

1. The upgraded "power kit" for the 2008. Will this make it more throttle responsive at lower RPMs?
2. A quiksilver exhaust? Does anyone know the direct HP increase?
3. Is it possible just to get the updated springs, etc. from the 2009 model without getting the new wheels as well? If so, does that knock the cost down substantially?
4. I would love to get the GruppeM intake if it came down in price a bit, but doesn't the power kit already redo the intake manifold? Can they both be done together?
5. Lastly, as part of the $15k, I would really like to get an extended warranty. Does anyone have any cost/details on that?

Thanks,
Anthony

P.s. I don't want to brag, but I believe I may be the only 24 year old to purchase an Aston! The benefits of being one of the few hedge fund managers to have a successful 2008.

Old 01-31-2009, 08:12 AM
astonboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats to your purchase but you should have bought a MY 2009, because it delivers more power at lower RPMs without any further modifications.

And I feel sorry, but the colour combination of your car is horrible IMHO.

Old 01-31-2009, 08:14 AM
lawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by artlu

P.s. I don't want to brag, but I believe I may be the only 24 year old to purchase an Aston!
sorry, i beat you to it.

Old 01-31-2009, 08:22 AM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
Spend an extra $5k and get a supercharger.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:51 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Hi All,

I am somewhat new to the forum. I purchased a 2008 V8 Vantage Roadster in Black with Iron Ore interior and a burgundy top. As far as I know, it is the only colour combination in the US like this. Pics are at http://artlu.net/pics/aston -- more to come in the spring! (I can't wait to move back to Tampa next year!!!)

Anyway, I love the car, but even though it is faster than my previous M3 it does not "Feel" faster. So, I am planning to sink about $15k more into the car in order to get that more aggressive feel. Specifically, on the throttle response at lower RPMs. So, with my current budget, I am thinking of the following items.

1. The upgraded "power kit" for the 2008. Will this make it more throttle responsive at lower RPMs?
2. A quiksilver exhaust? Does anyone know the direct HP increase?
3. Is it possible just to get the updated springs, etc. from the 2009 model without getting the new wheels as well? If so, does that knock the cost down substantially?
4. I would love to get the GruppeM intake if it came down in price a bit, but doesn't the power kit already redo the intake manifold? Can they both be done together?
5. Lastly, as part of the $15k, I would really like to get an extended warranty. Does anyone have any cost/details on that?

Thanks,
Anthony

P.s. I don't want to brag, but I believe I may be the only 24 year old to purchase an Aston! The benefits of being one of the few hedge fund managers to have a successful 2008.
interesting, where you at in PA?

Old 01-31-2009, 09:56 AM
GRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Tahoe M3
Spend an extra $5k and get a supercharger.
/thread

Old 01-31-2009, 11:20 AM
Banned
Pa

I am in the Lehigh Valley.

Originally Posted by sechsgang
interesting, where you at in PA?

Old 01-31-2009, 12:19 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
New Aston owner here as well, however I have a couple of the answers you are looking for:
a. Powerpack price dropped $400 however according to the testimonials it does not help the low range rpms.
b. Extended (24 months) warranty for my 2007: $4500
c. Have the Quicksilver exhaust however no proven horsepower (dyno) numbers. It sounds great though

Old 01-31-2009, 12:30 PM
SRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by lawin
sorry, i beat you to it.
i know a kid at 19 who works for his dad's real estate company with an aston vantage

Old 01-31-2009, 12:34 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
At the age of 19 I had a bicycle

Old 01-31-2009, 01:38 PM
lawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by SRatha
i know a kid at 19 who works for his dad's real estate company with an aston vantage
i did not mean to imply i was the youngest because i know that is far from the truth. i was just trying to poke fun at the op for even thinking of the idea that he was the youngest person ever to purchase an aston.

Old 01-31-2009, 04:19 PM
Banned
Hah.. no worries about the age thing.. I did not want to sound like a ****y ***, but I worked hard to get my Aston... Aston's have always been an obsession, and I have saved for two years to get it. Thanks for the replies so far...

Anyway, I wouldn't do a supercharger because of the added wear and tear on the car in decreasing the longevity/warranty. Also, MY2009 wasn't really an option I was considering since I custom ordered my car early last year.

That being said, I am really looking for that aggressiveness that I had with the M3. By no means in the Aston a slouch, but it just needs a bit more feel... I was hoping that with the power pack, the remapped ECU would really help the low end revs. It appears this is not the case based on everyone's comments. What about the power pack and the Quiksilver exhaust? Has anyone tried this combo?

What about the Prodrive Performance Pack? Has anyone got it? Can a dealer order it/install it?

Old 01-31-2009, 04:36 PM
111R is on a distinguished road
The best money is always spent on upgrading the driver. Take a course. I seriously doubt that most people are able to drive most of the cars we buy at their capacity. Besides driving ED is a hoot.

Old 01-31-2009, 04:43 PM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
The Prodrive kit isn't available in the US. I know because I tried to get it. The Paramount kit is available from a US dealer and claims 448hp but I'd ask for before and after dynos if I were you. It's loud, though.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:34 PM
DeAd-EyE is on a distinguished road
congrats man.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Vantage Owner - $15k upgrades, what to do??