Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 01:06 PM
mikemets is on a distinguished road
Quick video of the new exhaust

"Quietest" version of the QuickSilver, but I think its right for this car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-UVRrNly_c&feature=channel_page

Old 02-28-2009, 01:23 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
Too bad I can't see it here at work. Will run it at home. By the way I have the same setup and it came with the car allready installed. I don't know what the real V8V sounds like with OEM can(under 4000rpm that is).

Old 02-28-2009, 04:21 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by SonicKrack
Too bad I can't see it here at work. Will run it at home. By the way I have the same setup and it came with the car allready installed. I don't know what the real V8V sounds like with OEM can(under 4000rpm that is).

Does your car have the quiet version of the Quicksilver installed? If so, would you mind making a sound clip or taking a video? The DB9 above sounds amazing! If the V8V sounds close to that good I am all over a new exhaust!

Thanks,
Adam

Old 02-28-2009, 04:45 PM
paragongja is on a distinguished road
+1. I just don't know which QuickSilver version to install.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:54 PM
gekko will become famous soon enoughgekko will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the video Mike -

Looks like we're all in the same boat.

My buddy (he's the one who posted on Teamspeed) is leaning towards the Super Sports Plus, which I feel is a mistake, especially since he drives around downtown Toronto, plus I've heard from a local AMOC member - his quote "my sister commented that the car could wake up the dead when she heard me coming up the street to her house."

I'm leaning towards the sports version myself, I want the weight savings, more HP and improved throttle response (if that's true) but need the lower db's due to late arrivals into my neighbourhood in the midnight hour.

Here's a video I found on youtube of V8 with quicksilver 'sports' exhaust:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDZF9DQBMZc

Old 03-01-2009, 07:16 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
It sounds really good. Eventually I'll hear it in person and then decide if it's right for me.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:57 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
There is a video of my exhaust on Youtube allready uploaded by previous owner, Riverflyer. My V8V has the quiet Quickslilver:

Old 03-01-2009, 11:19 PM
Kamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really nice
Sonic,
So this is the most quiet one for sure? Anyone in Norcal with a QS that I can listen to from up close?
Dealer says he has a Tubi for me to install but QS seems to be the way to go

Old 03-02-2009, 06:34 AM
This is the one I put on:
http://www.quicksilverexhausts.com/p....asp?NewsID=34

and I copied this from a reply I got on another forum:
They offer three systems:
1_Sports
2_Super Sports
3_Super Sports Plus (5000 rpm is supposed to really open up - 104db + )

Old 03-02-2009, 06:36 AM
Originally Posted by Kamran
Sonic,
So this is the most quiet one for sure? Anyone in Norcal with a QS that I can listen to from up close?
Dealer says he has a Tubi for me to install but QS seems to be the way to go

The Tubis I've heard really scream, and seem more suited to a Ferrari to me.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:18 AM
Kamran,

The car is loud when you first start the engine. Once it settles down... it purrs like a cat. I will try and record a video today after the revs settled. BIG difference!!!!

Last edited by SonicKrack; 03-02-2009 at 10:33 AM.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:06 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
I've had all 3 versions of the QS bolted to my car. I posted thoughts earlier on a AM Exhaust thread. Of course I also have 200 cell cats - makes a huge difference in sound - I went w/ the quietest version. Still puts out much more sound than stock - and is much lighter. BTW none of the QS exhausts (or Tubi) built for AM V8V have a valve that opens - they are not like stock exhaust in that respect. If you want some what of an idea of open sound, crawl under your car and pull the 2 small hoses that go to the stock AM exhaust. This leaves the exhaust open all the time, and will not cause a ECU issue.

Old 03-02-2009, 03:44 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by SonicKrack
There is a video of my exhaust on Youtube allready uploaded by previous owner, Riverflyer. My V8V has the quiet Quickslilver:

OMG, that sounds amazing!!!!! Does your car have the stock cats?

BTW, I can't for the damn snow to melt so I can take my car out of storage. I'm gettin' antsy!

Adam

Old 03-02-2009, 04:08 PM
Kamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really nice
Thanks everyone for your responses!
If you want some what of an idea of open sound, crawl under your car and pull the 2 small hoses that go to the stock AM exhaust. This leaves the exhaust open all the time, and will not cause a ECU issue.
This is I believe what the dealer suggested me to do and drive a bit with it and see whether I like it before changing exhaust.

Old 03-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Here it is. Featuring my wife as well(couldn't figure out the editor thingy) who was kinda pissed that I made her come out and hold the camera... Quality is somewhat crappy, I used a small 3 megapixel Casio. Sound is much better than the first video taken by previous owner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN6Z-5EWQNs

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Quick video of the new exhaust