Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New AM owner ext. warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 09:17 PM
izzy025 is on a distinguished road
New AM owner ext. warranty

Just bought a 05' DB9 online from a dealer in chicago area. I'm concerened about extended warranty coverage, pre-owned warranty. what do people recomend? the delaer mentioned some insurance company guardian soloutions but i'm leaning towards aston martin pre-owned warranty. please do give me some advice, having the 140 point inspection right now and then need to decide on which insurance, vehiclke has 12,000 plus miles presently and i will put on 7000/yr

iz

Old 03-25-2009, 09:42 PM
astondude is on a distinguished road
Ask the Aston dealer if you can get extended warranty even if you have bought the car from someone else. If so, the dealer will probably need to do a thorough inspection for a fee. Otherwise, try a 3rd party online for the extended warranty. I think it should cost about 2000-2500/year but it is worth it cause the Aston is expensive to fix anything. Make sure you read the coverage/fine print carefully so you know what is covered. I think typically Navigation is not covered but engine and tranny should be covered. The warranty is just to cover for major stuff but regular wear and tear like brakes will probably not be covered. Enjoy your new Aston and congrats!

Old 03-25-2009, 10:29 PM
Kamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really nice
my dealer would have given me (sold me) the cpo warranty even if I had bought another car that I was looking at, which was why I visited them in the first place. I ended up buying a car from them anyways, since it was just sitting there and they gave me a OK deal. I'd try to buy the Aston warranty. it costs a bit but I think it's totally worth it.

Old 03-26-2009, 07:19 AM
izzy025 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the advice, yeh my dilemma was aston warranty for 4100/covers 24 months vs a cheaper off theshlef third party 5000/5 years.

i would imagine aston warranty is more reliable and probably easier to be used in the event something goes wrong since aston dealers would all accpet it universally.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:06 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by izzy025
Thanks for the advice, yeh my dilemma was aston warranty for 4100/covers 24 months vs a cheaper off theshlef third party 5000/5 years.

i would imagine aston warranty is more reliable and probably easier to be used in the event something goes wrong since aston dealers would all accpet it universally.
Not always true. I do not have an extended warranty (yet) for my car but the AM extended warranty is quite limiting. See attached. Also 3rd party companies allow you to bring the car to your mechanic which may be better than the dealer. Just a thought.

I had a 3rd party warranty (EasyCare) for my 996TT and it was fantastic! They covered everything, no questions asked. Unfortunately they do not cover AM. Sometimes 3rd party can better than OEM.

GL on your purchase.

Adam

Attached Images  

Last edited by alevine; 03-26-2009 at 04:28 PM. Reason: add to post
Old 03-26-2009, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by izzy025
Just bought a 05' DB9 online from a dealer in chicago area. I'm concerened about extended warranty coverage, pre-owned warranty. what do people recomend? the delaer mentioned some insurance company guardian soloutions but i'm leaning towards aston martin pre-owned warranty. please do give me some advice, having the 140 point inspection right now and then need to decide on which insurance, vehiclke has 12,000 plus miles presently and i will put on 7000/yr

iz

Can you please get more info on Guardian Solutions? I would like to call and inquire. Google turned-up nothing on them.

Thanks,
Adam

Old 03-26-2009, 04:26 PM
izzy205:

I think I may have found something. I'mnot sure of this is the same company but maybe you can inquire with your contact.

http://www.guardian-warranty.com/index.html

BTW, did you purchase the car from Lake Forest Sports Cars?

Old 03-28-2009, 01:15 PM
lrathome is on a distinguished road
Alevine,
Could you be more specific with your experience with EasyCare?
What work was done and how was the payment process
Thanks

Old 03-28-2009, 01:47 PM
MNGolfer is just really niceMNGolfer is just really niceMNGolfer is just really niceMNGolfer is just really niceMNGolfer is just really nice
I used Automotive Product Consultants for my extended warranty on my A8L. Their platinum package covered everything. They paid out over $35K in costs including a new long block at 95,000 miles. 888-485-4337 Paul Rieke was my sales person.

Good Luck. Get an extended warranty or go broke.

Old 03-28-2009, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by lrathome
Alevine,
Could you be more specific with your experience with EasyCare?
What work was done and how was the payment process
Thanks

Sure. About 2 weeks after I purchased my car I purchased an EasyCare policy for ~$2900 for 4 years additonal coverage. I do not remember the name but it was their top policy that covered everything including roadside assistance. I had a PPI before I purchased the car as well and it came back with no real issues so I took the plunge. About 3 weeks after purchase my car would not start in a parking lot after about an hour lunch with friends. I got jumped and immediately purchased a new battery. 2 weeks later same issue. I brought my car in to the P dealer and they concluded it needed a new alternaotr for $1700, which included labor! EasyCare covered everything, no questions asked! In addition, I had my MAF, 2 oxygen sensors, clutch accumulator, window switch, ABS module, ........, etc. covered under EasyCare. Obviously not everything was done at the same time but their coverage was amazing. My local mechanic did the work as my local P dealer is almost totally incompetent. EasyCare worked great with my local mechanic and all I ever paid was the $100 deductible. I would definately purchase another EasyCare policy. At the time they were owned by Ford and Allstate. I'm not sure if that is still the case.

Adam