Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Paramount Performance Tuning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 06:33 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Paramount Performance Tuning

I just got the K&N filters installed and have a quicksilver sport exhaust. My next step is to send my ECU and shift chip to Paramount in the UK. I have spoken to them a number of times and feel very comfortable with them. Has anyone done this or had experience with Paramount in the US or anywhere else? I understand that shifting reprogramming is even more impressive than the +35HP from the ecu. From what I understand, Paramount in the UK is like EVOMS for Astons.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:16 PM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
It seems like a pretty good choice, but I still had a few questions which kept me from pulling the trigger on it up to this point. I think that RSC uses their software, but I could be wrong. If that's the case, you may be better off going through them. I got a dyno from Paramount, but it's hard to interpret because they graph crank hp vs. speed rather than rwhp vs. rpms...so I don't know if the power is just up top or all across the power band...it's kind of vague.

I asked for a dyno from RSC but I never got it. Also, there's no telling what drivetrain loss factor Paramount used for the graph. Their stock car is listed at 387 crank hp based on the dyno, up to 448 with the mods. The 35hp for software seems a bit optimistic, but they offer before and after dynos for UK customers as you probably already know, so maybe it's legit.

Really hard to tell...if someone would just step up and offer some real proof that their parts really add power I would be all over it and I'm sure plenty others would be, too. The only aftermarket mod that seems to make a real difference is the supercharger kit, but that's pricey, comes with a voided warranty, and despite the positive outcomes we've seen here, has some question marks in regards to long-term reliability.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:38 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Tahoe M3
It seems like a pretty good choice, but I still had a few questions which kept me from pulling the trigger on it up to this point. I think that RSC uses their software, but I could be wrong. If that's the case, you may be better off going through them. I got a dyno from Paramount, but it's hard to interpret because they graph crank hp vs. speed rather than rwhp vs. rpms...so I don't know if the power is just up top or all across the power band...it's kind of vague.

I asked for a dyno from RSC but I never got it. Also, there's no telling what drivetrain loss factor Paramount used for the graph. Their stock car is listed at 387 crank hp based on the dyno, up to 448 with the mods. The 35hp for software seems a bit optimistic, but they offer before and after dynos for UK customers as you probably already know, so maybe it's legit.

Really hard to tell...if someone would just step up and offer some real proof that their parts really add power I would be all over it and I'm sure plenty others would be, too. The only aftermarket mod that seems to make a real difference is the supercharger kit, but that's pricey, comes with a voided warranty, and despite the positive outcomes we've seen here, has some question marks in regards to long-term reliability.
Your thoughts mirror a lot of mine. I have been quoted a price of $1880 for both ecu and sportshift which is a tremendous deal compared to other options. A twin-screw supercharger is in the works at paramount that will bring the car to 500HP and install in 4 hrs with it's own programming that can be removed in the case of a dealer intervention. From what I've been told, the reprogramming that paramount offers is mostly at the bottom of the range which I think is where the car needs the most help. I would really like to know if someone has actually sent thier chips across the ocean and back and felt good about the outcome. The price is less than half of the factory PP and from what I understand, it outperforms the factory kit as well.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:33 PM
Kamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really nice
A twin-screw supercharger is in the works at paramount that will bring the car to 500HP and install in 4 hrs with it's own programming that can be removed in the case of a dealer intervention. From what I've been told, the reprogramming that paramount offers is mostly at the bottom of the range which I think is where the car needs the most help.
Amen!

Old 03-27-2009, 06:58 AM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
Yeah a twin-screw s/c would be great!

Old 03-27-2009, 03:57 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
I looked at the info on their website numerous times as well. I too would be interested but had the same questions as you. For under $2k it appears that you can get a real bang for the buck and I agree that low end grunt is what this car is lacking. Please keep us apprised as if you have a good experience I'm confident many others will do it as well. Nobody wants to be the guinea pig with their expensive toy!

Adam