Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

What are the scheduled maintenance intervals on the Vantage?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 08:59 AM
DrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura about
What are the scheduled maintenance intervals on the Vantage?

I'm looking at cars, if they are close to a scheduled maintenance, I may try to use that as a bargaining point.

There are several cars with the specs I like, is it worth an extra $10K to get a car with under 10K miles vs one with mid-high twenties? THe clutch replacement alone might warrant paying more??

Thanks

Old 09-07-2009, 10:16 AM
gekko will become famous soon enoughgekko will become famous soon enough
Find attached Aston Martin - Maintenance Schedule.pdf

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Maintenance Schedule.pdf (55.7 KB, 1728 views)
Old 02-01-2010, 01:26 PM
zambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura about
Anybody know what makes the 3year service $1000 more expensive than the 2 year, per my nearest dealer? Only thing different I see on the sheet is the air filter element, and I plan on putting on K&N.

Old 07-18-2019, 03:42 PM
Mar Des is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by gekko
Find attached Aston Martin - Maintenance Schedule.pdf
Please, What is the meaning of C and A for that files.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:35 PM
Ksa
Ksa is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Mar Des
Please, What is the meaning of C and A for that files.
If I had to guess something like 'correct' as in fine or 'attention' as in needs attention.

Old 07-19-2019, 08:12 AM
Mike Gray will become famous soon enough
No need to guess. Here you go:

Always use wing (fender) covers and AM interior vehicle protection materials and the correct grades of lubricants and fluids. Tick the C box when the Check is complete and tick the A box if corrective Action was necessary. THOROUGHLY CLEAN VEHICLE AND WORKING ZONE.

Old 07-19-2019, 09:25 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Once year there is a service, I just see it as that.

Mileage and clutch wear are not linear, so I would not use low miles as indicator of how long the clutch will last. If you have some breathing room on the price, go for a worn clutch with finances to upgrade it. The front of the engine on the V8 is often leaky, so look out for that too.

Old 07-19-2019, 01:59 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Morries Aston Martin tells me to keep the warranty there is the annual service requirement independent of miles driven. To be honest, they really give me terrific service, so I don't mind supporting them.

Old 07-19-2019, 02:00 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
Morries Aston Martin tells me to keep the warranty there is the annual service requirement independent of miles driven. To be honest, they really give me terrific service, so I don't mind supporting them.
I'll never cross that mileage threshold, so that is why I just see it as an annual service. Had a couple break/fix items in-between, but nothing major.

Old 07-25-2019, 10:01 AM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
If you are past the depreciation curve a bit, and don't have a warranty 'requirement' to go to the dealer.... Buy the parts (online/ Redpants/ Velocity, etc) and bring the car to a well qualified indie shop. Someone who works on exotics and won't cause damage. And one who isn't trying to support an all glass showroom with marble floors and $200k new cars parked there. Although my local AM dealer is REALLY nice to chat with and visit.. I save about $1000 each oil change over their option.

From memory...
Oil change is about $125 parts, 1hr labor ($100)
Plugs $250, 2hrs labor?
Filters at cost and schedule with an oil change while the car is up in the air.
All other fluids at cost and maybe 1-2hrs total install.
Serpentine belt $150 with pulley, 1-2hrs total install

No timing belt, no major weird tuneup items on the V8.

And yearly my mechanic looks the car over end to end and comments on anything else. My AC needs a recharge once a year... or I can start throwing parts at that.

I am at 80k miles and 5yrs ownership of my 2006.... still need to do a belt.

Last edited by RolexDaytona1; 07-25-2019 at 10:04 AM.
Old 07-25-2019, 11:17 PM
Ksa
Originally Posted by Redpants
I've got a breakdown of the maintenance schedule as well as recommended items that aren't included in it:
https://www.redpants.lol/maintenance-guide
Hey Rich, I see this in your link;

CLUTCH (5-7 YEARS / 15-75K MILES)

Yes, you read that correctly. The clutch in an Aston Martin can last as little as 15,000 miles, or be just fine for several years. If driven properly, the clutch can last for a long time. But when abused, driven improperly, or under certain circumstances, the life of the clutch can be drastically reduced.

Can you or someone else elaborate as to what is meant by driven properly to make the clutch last longer? Typically I just drive the car in D but can change my habits around if I am without realizing damaging the clutch for early wear. Thanks.

Old 07-26-2019, 09:40 AM
Ksa
Rule number one: avoid reversing uphill whenever possible. Reverse is very tall - it's more similar to second than it is to first. Imagine starting in 2nd on an uphill slope. Reversing isn't much better.

For the manual, I've seen lots of people ride the clutch like crazy. I've seen it riding along in other people's cars and when letting people drive mine (it's why I had to replace my clutch a couple years ago... A guy destroyed it by riding it so badly). Here's some notes on my observations:
https://www.redpants.lol/blog/2016/1...-achilles-heel

I've got some notes on the Sportshift on my computer at home but I'm on my way to Canada at the moment and won't be back until late Monday. And there are people on here more familiar with Sportshift driving techniques than I am, so I may not be much help compared to others.
Thanks for those tips. I have a sport shift 1 and I typically drive in D but trying to get used to using the pedals and let go the accelerator when shifting. I tend to speed more if I use the pedals though so not sure if doing that actually preserves clutch life because otherwise I'd rather not use them lol.

Hopefully someone can chime in with more tips and tricks.

Where in Canada are you headed? If Edmonton, Alberta side definitely give me a shout - I will show you around. It'll be my pleasure for the amount of time and effort you put in for helping others. Also I have had the catch can that I bought from you sitting in my garage for a couple of weeks and been kinda scared to try and install it myself - could use a hand from the expert!! Haha.

Old 07-26-2019, 07:27 PM
Ksa
I really appreciate that and I'd definitely take you up on that if I was headed there, but I'm on my way to Victoria for the AMOC event:
https://www.redpants.lol/blog/2019/7...sed-for-canada

I'm happy to talk you through the catch can installation if you want to have a quick phone call, just shoot me a message or email so we can link up!
Victoria is beautiful. Hope you enjoy it. Thanks greatly for the offer. I've ready your DIY and I will give it a shot myself based on the DIY and I THINK it should be ok. Otherwise, will definitely take you up on your offer. The whole reason I ordered it in the first place was because it looked easy enough to do it myself lol so I think I owe it to myself to give it a go! lol.