Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Leather shrinkage on Vantage dashes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 10:12 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
AstonAficionado will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Leather shrinkage on Vantage dashes

Just a heads up: I was talking to the service tech at AM of Atlanta about things to watch out for on the Vantage in terms of maintenance/service issues. One he mentioned that I hadn't heard anywhere else is the issue of leather shrinking and peeling on the dash near the windshield. Apparently, the leather up there tends to shrink and pull back from the underlying plastic panels when exposed to lots of direct sunlight. I assume most of you don't normally leave your cars in direct sunlight for extended periods of time, but if you ever do, it's advisable to put up a sun screen. I think I'll invest in one of those expandable/collapsible ones.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:34 AM
Kamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really nice
Thanks for the heads up

Old 09-25-2009, 12:46 PM
RPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to behold
You are right I live in the desert and already repalce the part on top of the speedo and fixed another one on the passanger side by myself, next to the windshield.( the speedometer part was arround $230 dlls )

Old 09-25-2009, 12:55 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
AstonAficionado will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Ray Portilla
You are right I live in the desert and already repalce the part on top of the speedo and fixed another one on the passanger side by myself, next to the windshield.( the speedometer part was arround $230 dlls )
I was also told that the speedometer housing is a relatively quick fix, but fixing shrunken/peeled leather next to the vents (near the windshield) takes more effort to fix, and therefore more $$$. Also, the plastic underneath the leather is white, which doesn't look so good with a dark interior.

Old 09-25-2009, 06:43 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Would anyone be interested in a CF replacement part? Interior CF pieces for the Vantage is something we've been thinking about for a while.

Old 09-25-2009, 06:53 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
my maserati started doing that...but low and behold...they are going to replace a ton of panels under warranty.

Old 09-26-2009, 04:34 PM
gekko will become famous soon enoughgekko will become famous soon enough
Aston has also had issues with the Glue used under the leather which causing bubbles to appear through the leather.

I noticed this on my car when I pulled it out of storage this year, I've yet to get my car into the dealer to change out the panel (Upper Passenger Side)

Old 09-26-2009, 05:00 PM
They ordered a new leather panel to match my interior months back, I just haven't got around to getting my car into the dealer.

Old 10-09-2009, 03:47 PM
zambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura about
interior CF door handles a la v12 vantage, interested if price is right. Plus the ones that come with the vantage chip with the seat belts.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:37 PM
RPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to behold
Me too, I will be interested if the price is right for the CF Interior door handles

Old 04-22-2011, 10:37 AM
Giampiero is on a distinguished road
I have the same problem on the dash of my 2007,the panels can be ordered as Aston Martin parts ...........?

Old 04-22-2011, 10:55 AM
I replaced two parts of my dash because of shrinkage. You have to order the parts with your Vin number so the can match your color.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:56 AM
interior CF door handles a la v12 vantage, interested if price is right. Plus the ones that come with the vantage chip with the seat belts.
Did you ever found this door handles ?

Old 04-22-2011, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by Giampiero
I have the same problem on the dash of my 2007,the panels can be ordered as Aston Martin parts ...........?
Speak to your dealer and they should be able to match and order.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:22 AM
Giampiero is on a distinguished road
interested in CF door handles also.......

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Leather shrinkage on Vantage dashes