Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

You all have talked me out of a Vantage...Talk me back in, please...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 12:05 AM
XXXAngelXXX has a little shameless behaviour in the past
buy a Porsche...

Old 09-28-2009, 12:34 AM
DeepindebtJD is on a distinguished road
ESX supercharger retails for an astonishing 29k?!?! Wwwwoooww!

Old 09-28-2009, 04:08 PM
zambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura about
Got mine 2 months and 2000 miles ago, no problems. i know at this rate i will be doing 12000 miles a year, no good, lol, i just can't stop driving it.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:04 PM
Jay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by zambono
Got mine 2 months and 2000 miles ago, no problems. i know at this rate i will be doing 12000 miles a year, no good, lol, i just can't stop driving it.
I know the feeling. 4 months and 4500 miles. Winter will slow the rate down though.

Old 09-30-2009, 04:15 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
I put 1500 miles on my V8V in two days. It was a great drive from California to Montana through Nevada and the beautifull Rockies...

Old 09-30-2009, 04:58 PM
PitbullSL500 is on a distinguished road
I had no problem with my Vantage it was the dealer that was crap. Put the wrong oil in my car. Also only own one if you live in the same city as the dealer.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:42 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Let me help. I have in ten years owned 17 cars. The stars in this group include an Audi 2.7T, 3 BMW X5's, 6 Porsches including a 996TT Cab (650HP with mods) and a Cayenne Turbo, a Mercedes AMG CLS and now a Vantage V8 4.3 Roadster with mods. In this fine group of automotive royalty, I have had a failed hydrolic rear spoiler, rear hatches that do not close or open,a side skirt that came loose and a number of other simple fixable issues. The Aston has been as reliable and problematic as any of the porsches. The car has always started and other than a gas lid that stuck a bit I have never felt inconvenienced. When you tread into the world of exotic and hand made, there are going to be issues. But trust me, the rewards of this car far out way the simple things. This car has a style, performance and Zen that is hard to duplicate. It is not a track car, it will not outrun most Italians but on a clear day on a back road, the handling and engine note make you feel like your enjoying a 100 point wine with Giselle Bunchin. There are great deals on 4.3's a little loved. Get a roadster and get a Quicksilver superspot exhaust. Look for an extended warranty and enjoy. You will get admiration and stares but not the resent of a Lambo or Ferrari. I don't know if it's James Bond or English sensibility but people love this car and don't hold it against you if you have one. It is important to find a good dealer. Interview a couple and speak to their service manager about policies. Oh by the way, if your not in a committed relationship, get your rest and take some vitamins.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:56 PM
Kamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really nice
And, if we haven't talked you in by now, IT WON"T HAPPEN ANY MORE PERIOD. Get your Aston and live a little

Old 09-30-2009, 10:13 PM
Holson is on a distinguished road
In a few days of owning this car, I can see how it would frustrate someone who wants a car that is 100% functional 99.9888% of the time.

Let's see.. the driver's door lock forgets to lock itself once in a while, the engine is a little 'gruff' when it's still cold, the transmission too. Who knows what else.

But not since I got my first ever car (a diesel benz) when I was 17 can I sit in my car and just admire it. It helps that the interior feels very luxurious, classic, modern, stylish and ZEN at the same time. It's awesome.

Is it worth it? I'll have to find out myself. If I hate it, then I think i deserve a beige on beige toyota camry as my next car

Last edited by Holson; 09-30-2009 at 10:19 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:49 AM
markesq has a spectacular aura aboutmarkesq has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jaymoney
But trust me, the rewards of this car far out way the simple things. This car has a style, performance and Zen that is hard to duplicate. It is not a track car, it will not outrun most Italians but on a clear day on a back road, the handling and engine note make you feel like your enjoying a 100 point wine with Giselle Bunchin. There are great deals on 4.3's a little loved. Get a roadster and get a Quicksilver superspot exhaust. Look for an extended warranty and enjoy. You will get admiration and stares but not the resent of a Lambo or Ferrari. I don't know if it's James Bond or English sensibility but people love this car and don't hold it against you if you have one. It is important to find a good dealer. Interview a couple and speak to their service manager about policies. Oh by the way, if your not in a committed relationship, get your rest and take some vitamins.
Exactly!

Old 10-04-2009, 01:01 PM
DAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to behold
I've owned about 20 cars in the past 10 years, and a number were $100k+ "exotics"...its not that I'm concerned about taking the plunge into the exclusive ranks of ownership of a fickle hand built car or anything, and I know all cars have issues, though admittedly the 996 turbo and all other porsches I've owned have been bullet proof and all without a single issue. However, the following thread seems to raise some concern. I've never come across any car where so many owners publickly admit to hating it and wishing they never bought such a headache as I have seen here:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f11f3c7/0

And this seems common on all foums, even this one having searched around....

Old 10-04-2009, 01:24 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
Sample post from the edmunds forum from above:

"Aston HQ told me that they have not experienced this in the US....only in Europe. Funny thing as I was at Aveda the following week and another customer's husband had the same failure. Car is running great now....shifts better, runs better. Still one of the best looking cars on the road!"

Everyone hates their Aston, but for some reason they end up in an other Aston...

Old 10-04-2009, 01:29 PM
And this following post must have come from a Chevy Pickup lovin redneck from Kentucky... I never noticed that fuel mileage sucks. I get 19 mpg on average as I just made a special trip to the garage to see for my own.

"#90 of 91 Re: '08 Vantage Failure [voda] by bogster Jun 14, 2009 (6:50 am) Replying to: voda (Jun 06, 2009 3:11 pm)

STAY AWAY FROM THE SPORT SHIFT TRANSMISSION. TERRIBLE COMPROMISE...ALSO PAY ATTENTION TO THE LEATHER DASH TOP, THESE SHRINK AND PULL AWAY. IF ASTON WOULD ONLY LEAVE SOME EXTRA LENGTH ON THE BACK SIDE IT WOULD ALLOW FOR SOME NATURAL SHRINKAGE WITHOUT PULLING OUT... FUEL MILAGE SUCKS! "

Maybe if you keep your Aston in the garage instead of under the sun....

Last edited by SonicKrack; 10-04-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:39 PM
PitbullSL500 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DAVE W
I've owned about 20 cars in the past 10 years, and a number were $100k+ "exotics"...its not that I'm concerned about taking the plunge into the exclusive ranks of ownership of a fickle hand built car or anything, and I know all cars have issues, though admittedly the 996 turbo and all other porsches I've owned have been bullet proof and all without a single issue. However, the following thread seems to raise some concern. I've never come across any car where so many owners publickly admit to hating it and wishing they never bought such a headache as I have seen here:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f11f3c7/0

And this seems common on all foums, even this one having searched around....
I'm glad I traded my 2008 AM Vantage for a new MB AMG. The AMG is a beast and I now have a dealer close by versus 250 miles away.

Old 10-04-2009, 01:46 PM
Pitbull,

What are your thoughts on the 2008 Maserati GT(not the S)? I need a four seater as my wife is getting on my nerves...

Last edited by SonicKrack; 10-04-2009 at 01:55 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: You all have talked me out of a Vantage...Talk me back in, please...