Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Which is louder Quick Silver Super Sport or Uncorked standard

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 10:28 AM
Savile Row is on a distinguished road

I'm thinking about buying a Quick Silver exhaust on my V8 Vantage. My uncorked OEM is too loud for me. Is the Quick Silver 'Super' Sport louder or quieter than the OEM uncorked? I have read the 'Sport' version is more quiet than 'Super' Sport and good for highway. I just want something louder than plain base OEM "corked" . Any experience out there with this??

Old 01-13-2010, 04:30 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
I recently replaced my exhaust with and RSC Tuning Super Sport. I purchased the louder version of the 2 and the link is below.

http://www.rsctuning.com/index.php/cPath/1_33_272

Prior to my purchase I had fuse 22 removed and looked very hard into Quicksilver, Larani, RSC and Tubi. My local dealer sells the Quicksilver and when I went to look at the exhaust I was not impressed. It looked very similar to the OEM exhaust and was very heavy. I did not weigh the Quicksilver but just the aesthetics alone was enough to turn me off. I'm sure it sounds great but I ended up purchasing the RSC and went to show my AM dealer the new jewelry after I did the install. They were very impressed. This thing is a work of art and is much lighter than stock! The sound is amazing too. I am guessing the weight savings alone is worth 30lbs. Now, if you have your heart set on the Quicksilver, purchase it and enjoy. But, I truly think there are better options out there.

BTW, I know I did not answer your question but having seen the Quicksilver in person I thought I would add some "color" to your decision.

Adam

Old 01-13-2010, 04:45 PM
Savile Row is on a distinguished road

I recently replaced my exhaust with and RSC Tuning Super Sport. I purchased the louder version of the 2 and the link is below.

Thank you for your reply. That is good info to have! What was youy experience with the Tubi? How much is the RSC? Is the RSC louder version as loud as the stock uncorked?...and....finally what was your pickup in HP with the RSC. So many questions but these systems are not cheap.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:02 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
My pleasure. I have no direct experience with Tubi but I felt the sound, heard on Youtube on a AM V8, was not well suited for the car. My local AM and Ferrari dealer sells Tubi and the quality looks nice but the AM has a deep groan and I felt the Tubi was better suited for a higher revving car and would take away from the throatyness of the car.

Yes, the louder version of the RSC is louder than fuse 22 removed but not by much. As for the HP, I never really believe the claims of 15+ hp. I did not have the car dynoed before and after so if I had to guess using my butt dyno I would say +8hp. Price for the systems will all be around +-$3300 as they are not produced in large quantity. The exhausts are not cheap but they are very easy to sell if you don't like it. BTW, I have no affiliation with any of the manufacturers. I am simply a happy RSC customer.

Adam

Old 01-13-2010, 05:14 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Hi There,

Alevine has the loudest of our 3 sound levels, which will be a little bit louder than OE uncorked. We actually have two quieter sound levels as well, the middle of which is probably perfect for you. We also have an RSC dealer in Atlanta who can handle installation if you need that arranged. Drop me a PM with your number if you're interested - I'd be happy to explain our sound levels in detail.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:46 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
AstonAficionado will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Stuart@RSC
Hi There,

Alevine has the loudest of our 3 sound levels, which will be a little bit louder than OE uncorked. We actually have two quieter sound levels as well, the middle of which is probably perfect for you. We also have an RSC dealer in Atlanta who can handle installation if you need that arranged. Drop me a PM with your number if you're interested - I'd be happy to explain our sound levels in detail.
Hi Stuart, you guys now have 3 different exhaust options? Web site still indicates 2 (i.e., "sport" and "super sport"). Are you including the sport cats as one of the 3 options?

Old 01-13-2010, 08:57 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AstonAficionado
Hi Stuart, you guys now have 3 different exhaust options? Web site still indicates 2 (i.e., "sport" and "super sport"). Are you including the sport cats as one of the 3 options?
I haven't updated the site yet with the 3rd sound level. It started out as a 'custom' sound level for a particular customer who was doing ECU/Cats/Exhaust and his GF thought it was a touch loud so we increased the silencing in the 'Sport' system as a one off. Then another customer commented the same thing (I guess a lot of Vantage owners have girlfriends... go figure...) We just finished producing a batch of 20 Vantage systems and decided that we would stock a few in this new sound level and see how they move. So far there's been reasonable interest.

So if you want to get technical, there are really 6 possible combinations - 3 exhaust sound levels, all with or without cats. In practise I think you'll find that the New Quietest Exhaust + Cats falls somewhere between the Sports & Supersports Exhausts.

I'll open the floor up to suggestions on what you call the sound level because "Sports, but not quite as Sporty as the regular Sport system." doesn't have a great ring to it!!!

Old 01-14-2010, 08:37 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
Having "driven" all 3 RSC exhausts w/ 200 cats installed, I will be happy to answer questions (or check history on this site, I previously wrote a comprehensive explanation) via PM. Actually we can talk on the phone - ! Bottom line is you have several choices from RSC. As an example ... "open" exhaust w/ 200 cell cats .... you won't hear a Harley next to you ... But is the bomb at the track !

BTW - the girlfriend became Mrs. ....

Old 01-14-2010, 09:56 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Michael 996TT
Having "driven" all 3 RSC exhausts w/ 200 cats installed, I will be happy to answer questions (or check history on this site, I previously wrote a comprehensive explanation) via PM. Actually we can talk on the phone - ! Bottom line is you have several choices from RSC. As an example ... "open" exhaust w/ 200 cell cats .... you won't hear a Harley next to you ... But is the bomb at the track !

BTW - the girlfriend became Mrs. ....
Hey Michael,

I'm not 100 percent but I think you had one of the very loud QS systems before trying our Supersport and then settling on the Sport system. The latest sound level only came into being a few weeks ago but the difference in amount of silencing is the same as between the Supersport and Sport.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Could very well be the case ...I was going to ask what the different exhaust "names" now are .... I have the first "custom" exhaust RSC made to go along w/ 200 cell cats ... to bring the sound level down some ... I think it is 3.5 " of baffle if memory serves me correctly (?) - has been awhile since install (2007). I did the exhaust/cats/ECU and of course RSC springs, spacers, helped design the brake cooloing kit (w/ C2 Designs). AND interior LED lights, K&N air filters, drilled air boxes, Lloyd mats, clear bra ...

Old 01-14-2010, 12:02 PM
Former Vendor
Lol.. I guess it's worth describing them properly, it's getting a bit confusing.

RSC's sound levels on the exhaust are, as defined by the amount of perforation in each of the silencing tubes:
Supersports: 3" Perf
Sports: 4.5" Perf
Girlfriend: 6" Perf

I guess the girlfriends prefer the 6"..... I'll get my coat.

Michael, your setup is the Sports, but I would say that adding Cats is equivalent to going up between 1 & 1.5 sound levels.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:00 PM
That is great ... trying to write about 600 cell cats vs 200 cell cats & sound .... best way I have found ...when you hold up a 600 cat and look thru it, looks almost solid, very little light showing thru .... 200 cell has lots of light and you might be able to identify the person standing in the way ... now imagine how sound gets thru .... and for that matter air ... big difference ... now open up the front end of the engine and you have just increased the performance ... mix some exploding fuel, lot's of air in/out, and push the pedal on the right all the way down ... instant speed and big smile ... sure other stuff goes on but you can get the idea ...

Old 01-14-2010, 01:02 PM
zambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura about
call it touring

Old 01-14-2010, 01:14 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Michael 996TT
That is great ... trying to write about 600 cell cats vs 200 cell cats & sound .... best way I have found ...when you hold up a 600 cat and look thru it, looks almost solid, very little light showing thru .... 200 cell has lots of light and you might be able to identify the person standing in the way ... now imagine how sound gets thru .... and for that matter air ... big difference ... now open up the front end of the engine and you have just increased the performance ... mix some exploding fuel, lot's of air in/out, and push the pedal on the right all the way down ... instant speed and big smile ... sure other stuff goes on but you can get the idea ...
You mean like this?

Old 01-14-2010, 01:16 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by zambono
call it touring
I like that. Probably a lot more politically correct than Girlfriend as well...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Which is louder Quick Silver Super Sport or Uncorked standard