Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

<< Savini Forged + Aston Martin >>

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 03:47 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Wow. No love here that's for sure. I'd love to see it on some 19" SV-2.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 01-29-2010, 05:33 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
These 1-piece HRE's are proper AM wheels...not those 3-piece nasties.
Monoblocks are great! Savini's Mono di Forza series is not only lighter than HRE's (especially in 20" and 22") but over a thousand dollars less expensive for a set.

Check here for our Mono di Forza thread https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...pre-order.html

Originally Posted by Red Devil
I'm sure that car on 22's shakes and shudders something awful when on anything but the smoothest roads. My car on 19's needs some improvement in that area and I've had half-baked thoughts of changing to 18's to get a little more rubber underneath me.
I'm sorry, how is your 19" ride issue related to our Aston pics? I chuckle at these types of comments, because if you've been following wheel discussion for any length of time you'd recall people saying these exact same things about 17" and 18" rims a few years back.

Now look, 20" wheels from the factory on many cars, people are running 22" wheels on luxury exotics and enjoying every minute of it ~ the world is still turning

Originally Posted by trovan
i don't think james bond would drive them with those wheels, even if his life is endangered!
Haha, some of these comments are too good.

You guys do realize that we build the wheels that fellow owners (I assume that at least one of you really owns an AM) request/purchase? I posted these pics because it seems as if the Aston community only goes for OEM wheels, and I'm wondering whether it's a style/size/warranty/price concern that keeps them all looking the same.

Last edited by Wheel Studio; 01-29-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:43 PM
Jay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud of
The thing is, particularly over the last few years, there have been a lot of different versions of the OEM wheels, so they aren't "all looking the same".

Having said that, I don't think anyone's adverse to other wheels, it just seems that most of them don't really fit the style of the recent AM cars. Doesn't mean someone can't come up with some that do. Perhaps when the Cygnet comes out.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:40 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Both the Savini Mono SM3 and SM4 might look OK on an AM, as long as they aren't 2-tone and not bigger than 20". Maybe a staggered set up would be good. 18/19 F/R or 19/20 F/R.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:18 PM
JCaughron is on a distinguished road
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. God, how can people have such poor taste. I wouldn't put those god awful wheels on a Civic Dx.

Old 01-30-2010, 02:13 PM
NIBV8 is on a distinguished road
It's very difficult to find wheels that complement the Aston. Personally, I think HRE and D2FORGED VS1 do a very good job of blending with the car. Wheels should not scream look at me.

The first picture reminds me of an M6 I saw with 22" rims. I literally laughed out loud. It reminded me of a Tonka toy.

Old 01-30-2010, 04:03 PM
benz-o-rama will become famous soon enoughbenz-o-rama will become famous soon enough
Jeez. I'm almost afraid to say that I ordered a variant of these for my SL600. They're 20", brushed with polished lip and matte black rivets. Should have them soon.

I guess you guys are gonna pummel me too. Oh well.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to behold
Both the Savini Mono SM3 and SM4 might look OK on an AM, as long as they aren't 2-tone and not bigger than 20". Maybe a staggered set up would be good. 18/19 F/R or 19/20 F/R.
I would love to do a set of Mono di Forzas on a AM! I'll certainly be bumping this thread with pics when we do

Originally Posted by benz-o-rama
Jeez. I'm almost afraid to say that I ordered a variant of these for my SL600. They're 20", brushed with polished lip and matte black rivets. Should have them soon.

I guess you guys are gonna pummel me too. Oh well.
Yes you did! We got you a screamin' deal on those too. Post up pics regardless, I bet it'll look very classy in 20" with the Brushed faces on your SL.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:45 PM
benz-o-rama will become famous soon enoughbenz-o-rama will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Wheel Studio
Yes you did! We got you a screamin' deal on those too. Post up pics regardless, I bet it'll look very classy in 20" with the Brushed faces on your SL.
Definitely got a hot deal on those! Can't wait to get them.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Wheel Studio
I'm sorry, how is your 19" ride issue related to our Aston pics? I chuckle at these types of comments, because if you've been following wheel discussion for any length of time you'd recall people saying these exact same things about 17" and 18" rims a few years back.

Now look, 20" wheels from the factory on many cars, people are running 22" wheels on luxury exotics and enjoying every minute of it ~ the world is still turning

Haha, some of these comments are too good.

You guys do realize that we build the wheels that fellow owners (I assume that at least one of you really owns an AM) request/purchase? I posted these pics because it seems as if the Aston community only goes for OEM wheels, and I'm wondering whether it's a style/size/warranty/price concern that keeps them all looking the same.
It's relevant because these cars are less-tolerant of changes than others. Of course as a wheel-seller you will be quick to say how your "giant" wheels improve the ride or "your customers" don't complain (probably because they have more money than brains). Since you started with the insults/innuendo by saying, "I assume that at least one of you really owns an AM.", it is apparent that you don't take kindly to criticism and only wanted to hear how great your work was. Well surprise, even those of us with AM's and even those who pretend to seem to have enough taste that the comments are running heavily against what you've done. I guess when you have such a rare and unique car, looking "the same" isn't too bad since you hardly ever see another one anyway...

Old 02-01-2010, 04:30 PM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm all for aftermarket wheels for any car. I just can't drive a car with stock wheels. Never have, hopefully never will.....and I'm older than most people around here.
As for these 2 cars, the first wheels I like but not on that car. They are a better fit for a Bently or S-Class Benz. The second look too small and have too many spokes. Go back to the drawing board.

Old 02-04-2010, 05:21 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ice350
I'm all for aftermarket wheels for any car. I just can't drive a car with stock wheels. Never have, hopefully never will.....and I'm older than most people around here.
As for these 2 cars, the first wheels I like but not on that car. They are a better fit for a Bently or S-Class Benz. The second look too small and have too many spokes. Go back to the drawing board.
I mostly agree with you and I'm a 40-something myself. Wheels are the single biggest cosmetic factor on a car that can make drastic changes in appearance. There are some pretty nice factory wheels these days but there's almost always room for improvement. IMO it's not worth sacrificing ride-quality of any appreciable degree (subjective) for a specific look.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:09 PM
DrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura about
These 1-piece HRE's are proper AM wheels...not those 3-piece nasties.
That is the only aftermarket wheel I've seen that looks good on the AM. Unfortunately, they look exactly like the wheels on an M3 comp package... The first two were hideous.

Old 02-14-2010, 02:10 AM
Radiating is on a distinguished road
Those wheels definitely do not work with the car, sorry.

Old 02-14-2010, 02:11 AM
Radiating is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DrScoles
That is the only aftermarket wheel I've seen that looks good on the AM. Unfortunately, they look exactly like the wheels on an M3 comp package... The first two were hideous.
The Prodrive Aston Martin's wheels are pretty good too actually, they're an aftermarket racing wheel I believe.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: << Savini Forged + Aston Martin >>