Notices
Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

<< Savini Forged + Aston Martin >>

Old 03-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to behold
We had another customer who wanted 22" wheels on his DBS, this time we did Black di Forza series BS-2's in Chrome and Black. Perfect fitment, and the Chrome and Black really pops!

Old 03-10-2010, 08:02 PM
DetomasoGTS74 is a splendid one to beholdDetomasoGTS74 is a splendid one to beholdDetomasoGTS74 is a splendid one to beholdDetomasoGTS74 is a splendid one to beholdDetomasoGTS74 is a splendid one to beholdDetomasoGTS74 is a splendid one to beholdDetomasoGTS74 is a splendid one to beholdDetomasoGTS74 is a splendid one to behold
That looks better.....but would like to see the black with polished, not chrome.

I would pass on the first two

Old 03-11-2010, 02:30 AM
khalid is on a distinguished road
baaddddddd choice of wheels . shake ur head and have another look . am sure u wont like them

Old 03-11-2010, 05:22 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations.

You just turned a world-class auto into a hoopty.

Hope you (and your idiot customer) are pround of yourself

Old 03-11-2010, 07:44 PM
bliss at 9k is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner View Post
Congratulations.

You just turned a world-class auto into a hoopty.

Hope you (and your idiot customer) are pround of yourself

What is with the personal attacks? If you don't like that is fine, but you are going a tad far by calling the customer an idiot.

The DBS comes with 20" wheels. the 22" fits the car well.. Its a big car and the wheel wells are big. Well done Wheelstudio! I think it looks good.. And if the customer likes it more power to him! He by far is not an idiot!

Old 03-25-2010, 04:22 PM
M13
M13 is on a distinguished road
Excessive....

Old 03-25-2010, 04:25 PM
M13
M13 is on a distinguished road
Warmer... but Deep-dish and Aston Martin simply don't work well together. Also, IMHO, the deep lip should be far greater in the rears with little to no lip in the fronts, as the goal is to pronounce the staggered set up and optically create width in the rear of the car. The new Mono-block concave trend seems far more appropriate for an AM...or any gentlemen's sports machine.

Old 03-29-2010, 02:36 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by M13 View Post
Warmer... but Deep-dish and Aston Martin simply don't work well together. Also, IMHO, the deep lip should be far greater in the rears with little to no lip in the fronts, as the goal is to pronounce the staggered set up and optically create width in the rear of the car. The new Mono-block concave trend seems far more appropriate for an AM...or any gentlemen's sports machine.
I agree that a larger stagger in the lip sizes is preferable, but we use what we're given (brakes, hub height, and fender clearance). I would love to do a set of Mono di Forzas on a Aston Martin, and I've priced out a few, but no one has pulled the trigger.

Old 11-28-2013, 08:23 AM
bawoo is on a distinguished road
bawoo

I personally think they look great and beautiful, may I ask your opinion about my aston vantage convertibile what do you think if I spray the stock wheels semi matt black by the way the car is black also ?

Originally Posted by Stuart Dickinson View Post
I won't comment on the wheel style - that's just down to personal taste and is highly subjective.

22" on the other hand strikes me as far too big for that car. I'd be sticking to 20", or at the very least upgrading the brakes. Small increments are manageable, but moving the rotating mass of that wheel and tire 2" futher from the axis of rotation is going to require considerably more braking power to stop it.

The rotational inertia of the wheel/tire mass goes up as a square of the radius rather than arithmetically so the force required to stop it goes up pretty quickly. If you're going from a factory 18" or 19" to an aftermarket 20" the increase in the moment of inertia is to a large extent mitigated by the decrease in mass of the wheel, so you're probably within a reasonable amount of change. A 22" wheel though, is not likely to be lighter than a 20" assuming the same method of construction. If that were my car I would be very, very interested in a braking upgrade...

Old 11-29-2013, 01:18 AM
marioV8V is on a distinguished road
I'm just not a fan of aftermarket wheels, on Astons or any other cars.

Old 11-29-2013, 07:49 AM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
Wheel upgrade?

My druthers when it comes to wheel/tire appearance:

-I often like newer or related model OE wheels when applied to early or same family cars, such as, 5 spoke Sportspak to a Vantage or 20" DBS wheels to DB9.

OE designers (stylists) have significant advantages when choosing/creating/evolving wheels. They are school trained and have help (workmates, supervisors, company execs) to assist/guide. Further, they have almost unlimited choices (wheel manufacturers beat a path to their door). Plus they have time to evaluate alternatives on the car, and if they make a mistake, can fix it in 12 months or less.

-I like the race look, i.e., deeper dish, wider rims with larger than OE tires, 5 spoke, darkened (anthracite, matte black), maybe a bit taller in the rear (via a rubber rake). Not all at once of course, these are alternatives.

Sports cars are the premier hot rods (race cars on the road) of automobiledom. In my mind they should look the part...fast, and a little mean. But it must be restrained, after all we paid a large premium to own these beauties, we have class, we are not rowdies.

My goal is to be eye-catchingly different, wheels and tires play a major role in achieving this objective. To understand their potential contribution determine the percentage wheel/tire assemblies make up of your car's side view profile. Go ahead, find a picture, do the arithmetic.