Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

A new member with a new DBS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 06:27 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Welcome to the Forum!!!

Old 04-03-2010, 11:38 AM
donahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of light
@ orangegrower: indeed

@ Stuart@RSC: thank you, you are so kind

Old 04-03-2010, 12:59 PM
NIBV8 is on a distinguished road
Absolutely gorgeous car. I'm sure you have a smile from ear to ear each time you go for a ride.

Old 04-03-2010, 01:31 PM
HiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome! Looking forward to seeing updates from you!

Old 04-03-2010, 01:56 PM
donahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of light
@NIBV8: thanks.. But unfortunately the car is still not with me.. Trying to finish up all paper work, but easter weekend is preventing it.. Hopefully soon

@HiProfile Robs: thanks.. And I will update as sson as possible..

Old 04-03-2010, 02:33 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
DBS with a 6 speed. I am a jealous man.

Congrats and enjoy.

Old 04-03-2010, 02:38 PM
lawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the rough
congrats! i picked up my dbs a few months back and highly recommend pulling fuse 22 as it makes a big difference in volume from 0 to 5000 rpm. my dbs is pretty loud with it pulled and i love it.

Old 04-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by AtomicZ
DBS with a 6 speed. I am a jealous man.

Congrats and enjoy.
@AtomicZ: lol, Thank you bro..

Originally Posted by lawin
congrats! i picked up my dbs a few months back and highly recommend pulling fuse 22 as it makes a big difference in volume from 0 to 5000 rpm. my dbs is pretty loud with it pulled and i love it.
@lawin: I don't get it bro, can you elaborate more on what you said about the volume?? I didn't understand sorry.. Thanks

Old 04-03-2010, 05:52 PM
lawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by donahdi
@lawin: I don't get it bro, can you elaborate more on what you said about the volume?? I didn't understand sorry.. Thanks
there are butterfly valves that open and close in your exhaust and this determines exhaust volume and tone. they wont be wide open until you reach 5k rpms under heavy acceleration. you can disable this circuit and keep the valves open all the time no matter your revs thus giving you a much louder exhaust. to disable the circuit you can pull fuse #22. if you open your trunk, on the left there is a panel on the bottom that simply pulls up, underneath that is your fuse box. follow the diagram on the fuse box lid and pull fuse 22. then start it up and take it for a spin and enjoy the exhaust note all the time. unless you like it quite then you obviously wouldn't want to do this. its a quick and really easy mod and makes the exhaust note really really nice. hope that helps.

Old 04-03-2010, 06:03 PM
there are butterfly valves that open and close in your exhaust and this determines exhaust volume and tone. they wont be wide open until you reach 5k rpms under heavy acceleration. you can disable this circuit and keep the valves open all the time no matter your revs thus giving you a much louder exhaust. to disable the circuit you can pull fuse #22. if you open your trunk, on the left there is a panel on the bottom that simply pulls up, underneath that is your fuse box. follow the diagram on the fuse box lid and pull fuse 22. then start it up and take it for a spin and enjoy the exhaust note all the time. unless you like it quite then you obviously wouldn't want to do this. its a quick and really easy mod and makes the exhaust note really really nice. hope that helps.
OK now I understand, would it be ok to do that with the zero miles on it? or do I have to wait for couple of thousands of miles? in other words do I have to break in the car first? would the dealer know that I did that? would it be an issue regarding warranty?

last but not least, thank you lawin for the tip, A great mod.. do you know any other little easy mods I can do without having to take the car to the workshop? some other tips like this one.. help a newbie

I want to see more of your car btw

Old 04-03-2010, 06:27 PM
OK now I understand, would it be ok to do that with the zero miles on it? or do I have to wait for couple of thousands of miles? in other words do I have to break in the car first? would the dealer know that I did that? would it be an issue regarding warranty?

last but not least, thank you lawin for the tip, A great mod.. do you know any other little easy mods I can do without having to take the car to the workshop? some other tips like this one.. help a newbie

I want to see more of your car btw
i did it the day after i got the car and does no damage in any way. regarding the warranty, it really hasn't been an issue for any aston owners as it is commonly done also on the v8 vantage and db9 cars. i asked my tech over the phone and he actually walked me step by step on how to do it. that is the only simple and easy mod that comes to mind, but it is really the only one needed. the way this car comes off the showroom floor is perfect for what it is, its just more fun when its loud

you will love the DBS i am sure.

my car

Old 04-03-2010, 06:38 PM
hahahahaha sweet burnouts lool, and a magnificent looking DBS, is it 6 speed? I enjoy looking at these cars to no end..

btw, I lived in Seattle Washington for a year, went to U DAB, great times..

I'm going through the Fuse 22 thread.. I'll give it a shot.. I just need to get the car, I'm dying over here.. hopefully everything gets done this week, and I pick it up for next weekend..

Last edited by donahdi; 04-03-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:00 PM
C2SS is a name known to allC2SS is a name known to allC2SS is a name known to allC2SS is a name known to allC2SS is a name known to allC2SS is a name known to all
Beautiful!!!!! One of my favorite car.

Old 04-03-2010, 07:06 PM
hahahahaha sweet burnouts lool, and a magnificent looking DBS, is it 6 speed? I enjoy looking at these cars to no end..

btw, I lived in Seattle Washington for a year, went to U DAB, great times..

I'm going through the Fuse 22 thread.. I'll give it a shot.. I just need to get the car, I'm dying over here.. hopefully everything gets done this week, and I pick it up for next weekend..
It is a 6 speed manual and I am also a uw alumni. The fuse 22 is an awesome mod. My friend pulled up to me in his new lambo lp670 sv and asked what have u done to your exhaust? i replied its stock lol

Old 04-04-2010, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by C2SS
Beautiful!!!!! One of my favorite car.
@C2SS: yes she is..

It is a 6 speed manual and I am also a uw alumni. The fuse 22 is an awesome mod. My friend pulled up to me in his new lambo lp670 sv and asked what have u done to your exhaust? i replied its stock lol
@lawin: Go Huskies lol.. btw, I found your online album, it's bookmarked.. great pics you have..

I have some fresh pics for the car

Attached Images    

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A new member with a new DBS