Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

A new member with a new DBS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 05:56 AM
G6OON will become famous soon enough
Great vids.

Old 09-12-2011, 06:52 AM
sanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud of
I have been looking at the pictures of your car and appreciating the sexiness/posture of this car. I really miss my AM, but did not own the DBS. The Vantage really needed some ponies, so I traded for something more aggressive. I can never get tired of looking at an AM. I really believe it's the best looking car out there, classy and somewhat understated.
love it. Enjoy in good health.

Old 09-14-2011, 01:00 PM
donahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by G6OON
Great vids.
Originally Posted by sanchezdds
I have been looking at the pictures of your car and appreciating the sexiness/posture of this car. I really miss my AM, but did not own the DBS. The Vantage really needed some ponies, so I traded for something more aggressive. I can never get tired of looking at an AM. I really believe it's the best looking car out there, classy and somewhat understated.
love it. Enjoy in good health.
thank you both for the kind words, it means allot to me..

Well today, I would like to show you a photo shoot that my friend and I took for a loaner from the Aston Martin Dealer, they wanted me to test this baby, and I had it for few days.. I hope you will like it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkVlwmIDx6Q

Please tell me what you think..

Old 09-16-2011, 03:46 PM
donahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of light
I thought you all might enjoy a short recap of my trip to IAA Frankfurt Show yesterday..

Old 09-26-2011, 01:30 PM
Old 09-27-2011, 07:51 AM
patrickxkim is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by donahdi
Wow I just realized that I haven't updated this thread since 2010.. many things happened since then.. I can say that I bought a new DBS, well at least it felt that way. hehehe

Actually I didn't, I decided to go for a change after a year and half of driving it, and wrapped this baby up with lightning silver foil. The two conditions I had for the company who did the job are that they have to match at least 90% of the silver color to the lightning silver shade, which they did, they went to the AM dealer and picked up a sample and worked on getting that shade.. and the second condition was that they apply it so perfectly, that no one can see the lines and cuts with their bare eyes even if they come very close.. In other words I wanted it as close as it could possibly be to a real paint job, which again they mastered.. I leave you with some videos I took for the end results..

best regards,
That foil job is amazing. Lightning silver is definitely my favorite color. It has a certain blue glow to it that is just stunning!

How much did the job cost? The DB9s were never made in that color in my2008

Old 09-27-2011, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by patrickxkim
That foil job is amazing. Lightning silver is definitely my favorite color. It has a certain blue glow to it that is just stunning!

How much did the job cost? The DB9s were never made in that color in my2008
Hi Patrick, It is indeed a superb job, I took it to a shop in Czech Republic, 3 hours away, the guy is a real Czech boy, no English no German, just Czech, but he had someone that translated to me, the guy is one of the best I have seen, this quality of a job easily would cost between 3000-4000 euros here in Vienna, but he gave me a great special price, I am not allowed to discuss, that was his condition to promote his work in Vienna if asked, but he said he would give great deals compared to the prices here in Vienna, with a quality I can swear by. so let's say I paid less than the market price.. so all my cars will be foiled by him personally from now on.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:34 PM
Dr. G has a spectacular aura aboutDr. G has a spectacular aura about
Very nice. Lightning silver is on my short list of colors when I finally look for my DBS. The foil job is pretty much perfect from what I can see in the photos.

If you weren't in Vienna I would offer you a temporary trade on my Bosendorfer Imperial, but you could probably just walk down the street and visit Rupert anytime you'd like I need to take him up on his offer to come visit - I'd love to take a look at the job they did on your car.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:07 PM
Grant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really nice
I just wanted to add my congratulations to the others, you have a fabulous new car and I'm pleased to see it is a manual - good man, enjoy the beast.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by Dr. G
Very nice. Lightning silver is on my short list of colors when I finally look for my DBS. The foil job is pretty much perfect from what I can see in the photos.

If you weren't in Vienna I would offer you a temporary trade on my Bosendorfer Imperial, but you could probably just walk down the street and visit Rupert anytime you'd like I need to take him up on his offer to come visit - I'd love to take a look at the job they did on your car.
Sorry, I had to Google "Bosendorfer Imperial" to be able to know what you are talking about lol

Originally Posted by Grant3
I just wanted to add my congratulations to the others, you have a fabulous new car and I'm pleased to see it is a manual - good man, enjoy the beast.
Thank you so much for your kindness..

Old 10-04-2011, 02:09 AM
I hope you will like the new video.. I think it'll be the last for the season, cos the weather is starting to turn slowly..

Old 10-04-2011, 04:45 AM
Beefmeister is on a distinguished road
Very nice vid.

Old 10-13-2011, 01:53 PM
Heading to Miami next week for the whole week (work/pleasure), anyone is interested to meet up?

Old 10-13-2011, 01:55 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by donahdi
Heading to Miami next week for the whole week (work/pleasure), anyone is interested to meet up?
Come see us!

Old 10-13-2011, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by Stuart@RSC
Come see us!
thank you for the invitation, would love to.. I will do, PM me your address please

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A new member with a new DBS