Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

spotshift jittering knocking again

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 05:25 PM
khalid is on a distinguished road
spotshift jittering knocking again

hey guy i posted something about this before .
i have an 07 v8 vantage just hit the 17, mile been driving the car daily and enjoying it.
i posted a while back something about the vehicle shaking when accelrating from zero on first gear . people said its ok .

well post it again and elaborate what the exact problem maybe u guys know whats going on .

this is what happens exactly from idle the car is on 1st gear i lift my leg from the brake pad the car starts crawling when it hits 5km an hr its start jittering and shaking and i hear some knocking noise until i push the gas lightly and it drives very smooth in all gears .

when i was in nurburgring germany in the aston martin academy where i was taking my racing training one of the eng. / Tech told me to start the car
wait for a tick sound then turn it off and do that 10 times over the week end this should teach the car something and make the shaking and jitter stop . BUT IT DIDNT

guys what going on ? what to do

oh and on several occasions am in the signal light car is on first gear my leg is on the break slightly suddenly it feels like the car was hit from behind and the car turns off its the transmission i guess but when am pressing firmly on the gas it doesn't happen is this related to what i mentioned above

thanx

Old 04-20-2010, 06:14 PM
markesq has a spectacular aura aboutmarkesq has a spectacular aura about
Do you have manual trans?

Old 04-20-2010, 06:22 PM
khalid is on a distinguished road

no got asportshift

Old 07-26-2012, 08:19 PM
alan. is on a distinguished road
Was searching for this same problem on my car and found this. My MY08 Vantage sportshift has 24k miles on original clutch and this exact same behavior is happening for the past couple months intermittently. Other than that the transmission appears smooth and no problem on other gears. I tried the clutch re-learn couple times but didn't seem to help much as issue is coming back again. Does anyone know a fix for this? How frequent are you supposed to do the clutch re-learn? I hope I don't need to replace the clutch yet Thanks.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:57 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
You are fighting "creep" mode
ASM1 will creep if you have it in drive and no feet on the pedals, it even does it in reverse.
If you put a little throttle on when it is doing it you confuse it, I managed to stall my last Vantage doing this
The other thing you MUST do is regular clutch learns
Trying doing 3-4 on the trot to begin with