Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Can a bicycle fit in a Vantage coupe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 10:51 AM
Roswell is on a distinguished road
Can a bicycle fit in a Vantage coupe?

I'm looking to purchase a Vantage as my only car and I'm curious if anyone has been able to get a bicycle inside.

Thanks!

Old 04-27-2010, 01:26 PM
bubba is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Roswell
I'm looking to purchase a Vantage as my only car and I'm curious if anyone has been able to get a bicycle inside.

Thanks!
No way a full size bike will fit inside without causing damage. I tried to pack a folding GoBike in my Vantage once... no go.

Buy a beater pick-up too. Once you have a serious beater, you'll never know how you lived without one.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:22 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
No way to fit a bike. You an barely fit a set of golf clubs in the trunk. I have a Ogio carry bag and have to remove my woods for the bag to fit in the trunk. Great car though!

Adam

Old 04-27-2010, 03:59 PM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
There are plenty of things you will not want to do in this car. That is one of them...it won't fit and you'll look silly trying. Personally I would not recommend transporting wild animals or doing offroading either, in case those were your next questions. :-)

Old 04-27-2010, 04:27 PM
I suppose what the car lacks in storage and functionality it more than makes up for in good looks, exclusivity and performance!

Thanks for the feedback..

Also -- Tahoe, well done on your Vantage. must be quite the beast. Hope it's treating you well after all the work.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:31 PM
gekko will become famous soon enoughgekko will become famous soon enough
I fit my bike in the back all the time - both my Mountain or Road Bike.

I remove both the wheels, use a rag on the chainstay, zip tie down the chain over the rag. Just make sure you protect the rear dropout of the bike.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:38 PM
Gekko,

I am happy to hear someone has done it.. I imagine if I remove (or lower) the bike seat I could manage. I'm 6' and have a relatively modest size road bike, despite my height.

Seems like compared to the competition this car has much more storage space. Now I've got to see if I can fit skis in the thing... then drive it to a mountain. laugh. snow tires will be necessary.

Thanks! This is exciting news. It's either a Vantage or Audi S5.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:49 PM
gekko will become famous soon enoughgekko will become famous soon enough
I think you need one of each - seriously quite a few people that I know with
Vantages also own a S5. I'm looking for one also.

Good luck with your search!

Old 04-28-2010, 11:02 AM
cshsia is on a distinguished road
I park next to my colleague with an S5, much more of a utilitarian vehicle.

With the Vantage interior, it's got so much leather. One tiny scratch and you'll feel the pain. S5 is better to beat around.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:34 AM
I used to have an S5. A friend borrowed & totaled it.

I have placed an order for a 2011 but it's going to take a few months before it comes in.. hence the interest in a Vantage which are readily available.

Parked next to an S5, I imagine the Vantage is smaller in almost every aspect except the displacement of the engine Have you driven an S5 -- How do you feel it compares?

S5 is truly an amazing car when you consider it's a coupe. With awd, a large trunk and four seats, it's extremely utilitarian. I truly enjoyed the car, but I can manage something smaller and slightly more exciting. The vantage is extremely rare even in downtown Boston where I live. I'm hoping with a set of snow tires and wheels it can get me around if need be in the winter season. I walk to work. Mostly highway driving, save for errands in and around town on occasion.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:50 PM
Yep, I've driven the S5 on a few runs near the coast. The S5 is larger, more comfortable, loaded with technology, 4WD, and an all around competent car. As someone who used to drive a E93 BMW, it's quite nice.

The AM however is quite a bit faster, louder, better looking and comes with prestige. The downside? stiff ride, higher cost to maintain, small trunk space, etc.

The AM with OE tires doesn't work on 1/2 inch of snow. Never tried snow tires, but the dealership advised against doing so. Not to mention it's hard to get snow tires of that size, even on tirerack, unless you buy an extra set of 18" rims.

I agree with the argument of having one of each

Old 04-28-2010, 03:10 PM
I would likely put snow tires on the stock wheels and get some lightweight summer wheels with sticky tires. I had 20" DPE wheels on my S5 for the summer and it truly changed the way the car drove in a significant/noticeable way. I imagine such a change would be more noticeable in the Vantage given it's much lighter and only two wheel drive. The Pirelli sottozero snows are a great tire. I've seen them fitted on the R8 5.2 and drivers are happy with them. The local New England AM dealer said some customers do fit winter tires and seem to get around pretty well, considering. I live on Beacon Hill, and as the name suggests it's certainly a hill. Without snows I would never have a chance in any snow. It's the stopping where I see the real benefit of snows anyways.

Louder and stiffer ride sound strangely appealing. I'm on the hunt for a V8V... Black/black 6speed.

Thanks for your input, helps especially as you're familiar with what I'm coming from (S5)

I only own one parking spot, so unless I buy something (maybe a jeep) to park on the street, this will be my DD.

Old 04-28-2010, 04:00 PM
Interesting discussion Because I've asked all these questions before.

Yes the snow tires are available, but I believe only from AM. Most online places don't stock this size. The local AM won't even tell me what is the smallest size I can put onto the car for the winter. I also live in a hilly area (Richmond Hill).

I only have one spot as well. Hoping to pickup a Ford Fiesta eventually to take over DD duty.

Guess what I drive? a black/black 6speed V8V. :P

Old 04-28-2010, 04:42 PM
M13
M13 is on a distinguished road
I too "quickly" considered an S5 when looking for a change after three 911's. Although the AMV isn't nearly as practical as the S5, nor a true 4 season car, the AMV has 5 times the alure for slightly more than twice the price. A bargain...even if you need an SUV for the winter months.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:06 AM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Roswell
I suppose what the car lacks in storage and functionality it more than makes up for in good looks, exclusivity and performance!

Thanks for the feedback..

Also -- Tahoe, well done on your Vantage. must be quite the beast. Hope it's treating you well after all the work.
Yes I'm very happy with how it turned out. Thanks!