Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage production halted

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 08:43 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Vantage production halted

I heard from a few dealers that Aston is no longer taking Vantage orders on the 2016! There are a few GT coupes and roadsters already at dealers now. The rumor is that Aston is going to quit making all models of the Vantage and is changing their business model to offer just one final version eliminating the lower cost GT. If this is true, this might be the only chance to get a reasonably priced new Vantage with the 2016 upgrades! I went with a 2015 GT because I'm not sure that the new console is more attractive (perhaps its the 'pilot' in me that likes the more busy look), prices even lower, and I found one with colors I could be happy with (green with grey interior).

Anybody hear anything to verify these rumors?

Old 08-23-2015, 10:41 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Rumplestilskin ??

Old 08-23-2015, 10:41 AM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/368216-2016-model-year-changes.html

Old 08-23-2015, 02:37 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
What I'm hearing in the rumor mill is counter to what that link above states. To dealers have told me that they believe the GT will be eliminated, and a new model with a high price will be the only one you can order soon. If this is true, then the few GT's that are on the market right now would be a great value. Apparently dealers cannot order a new Vantage right now.

I was in the market for a GT and would have considered 2016, but I was also looking for a light gray or tan interior and a light color exterior in a coupe, so I decided on a slightly used GT that was available instead.

Old 08-23-2015, 02:42 PM
Idk if you read the thread but that's basically what it says. There's even a letter posted in it

Originally Posted by Prefurbia
What I'm hearing in the rumor mill is counter to what that link above states. To dealers have told me that they believe the GT will be eliminated, and a new model with a high price will be the only one you can order soon. If this is true, then the few GT's that are on the market right now would be a great value. Apparently dealers cannot order a new Vantage right now.

I was in the market for a GT and would have considered 2016, but I was also looking for a light gray or tan interior and a light color exterior in a coupe, so I decided on a slightly used GT that was available instead.

Old 08-24-2015, 09:28 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Repost: Old news, I already discussed this and provided direct proof in that thread linked above (please actually read the thread)

Old 08-25-2015, 08:26 PM
I just picked up the 2016 aston brochure at the Denver am dealer. No GT on it, only the Vantage and the Vantage S. There are a few 2016 GTs that were delivered, it seems they dropped the affordable vantage line,

Old 08-26-2015, 11:56 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
It may be a European brochure, they only got N430 there. GT is most likely discontinued.

I am curious to see what they come up with for the final edition. They said they will have all the best components for the final edition. It may cost more but honestly I don't care, I want it

Old 08-27-2015, 08:09 AM
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
I am curious to see what they come up with for the final edition. They said they will have all the best components for the final edition. It may cost more but honestly I don't care, I want it
This

Sold my 07 Sportshift yesterday

Old 08-28-2015, 06:28 AM
kdavos is on a distinguished road
Sat in and used the new center console and new dash (speedo/tach)
I like the new speedo/tach - the new console.....not so much, prefer my console (2014 Vantage) everything goes through the pop-up nav screen - i would have rather they put in a touch screen in the dash rather than use the remaining inventory of pop GPS screens.