Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Dog in a Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 03:08 PM
Tremelune is on a distinguished road
Red face Dog in a Vantage

I'm dipping my toes into the market of a V8 Vantage, and I'm curious to know what life might be like for a dog in one of these things. It's not well-covered in The Definitive Guide to New Gaydon Era Aston Martin...

Anyone have any pictures of dogs in their Vantage?

Old 08-19-2015, 03:58 PM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
E46 M3 would be a great choice for your dog

Old 08-19-2015, 04:02 PM
That is quite true, but my M3 is transmogrifying into a grand tourer and a four-door beater. I'm just wondering if I would always be relegated to the beater if I wanted to bring a dog on pleasant jaunts.

Old 08-19-2015, 04:49 PM
bubba is on a distinguished road
Rest his soul, my mid-sized (40lb) dog hated riding in my vantage. Seriously, he always seemed really nervous in the car. Used to have 356 Porsche that he wouldn't even get in... sold the car because of it.

If your pup likes riding in your future Vantage, take him. It's just a car, a dog is family.

Old 08-19-2015, 05:50 PM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
I was going to take our dog in our vantage when she was still a pup, had to wrap her up in a blanket while the gf held her. But now she's too big and franky has too much energy to be stuck inside such a small car.

One thing tho is the leather interior probably dont stand up to nails very well

Old 08-19-2015, 07:56 PM
MRY
MRY is on a distinguished road
Dog in a Vantage

Originally Posted by bubba
If your pup likes riding in your future Vantage, take him. It's just a car, a dog is family.
+1

With that said though my dogs have the Supercharged RR for their taxi.

However, one of them liked to have their head in the breeze when I took her for a ride in my Volante. The other didn't like it that much, so they got relegated to the RR. But, they are quite happy in the RR.

The other cars are too loud, and they don't like it at all.

Old 08-19-2015, 08:05 PM
I guess I'm wondering what there is in terms of space with another passenger. A 911 has rear "seats", a C6 Corvette has a rear hatch area that's open to the cabin, a Cayman has what looks to be an actual dog shelf, but the Vantage...I can't seem to find a good photo of what it has.

Old 08-20-2015, 06:00 AM
bubba is on a distinguished road
My pup was conditioned to chill in the floorboard area when riding in a car - seat setting was allowed only on "special occasions". I doubt a passenger would have been possible with him in the vantage. They're pretty cramped inside.

Old 08-20-2015, 07:58 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
I've had a wiener dog in mine. Stayed on his mom's lap, but put his paws up on the door so he could stick his nose out the window. No issues and no markings of any sort on the door leather.

Type of dog, and its personality will make a big difference.

If your dog is chill and just wants to stick its head out the window, no big deal. But if it starts clawing around on things, your leather may be scratched up. If anything, get a seat cover to put on the seat whenever the dog goes for a ride with you. So long as its claws are kept in check, and it doesn't drool into any hard-to-clean places, you should be fine.

Old 08-20-2015, 11:39 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
An AM is no place for a large dog. I have a separate car for that.

Old 08-20-2015, 11:39 AM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
What telum said and...

Not a good, head out the window, nose in the wind kinda car for a dog. The sill on the door is rather high relative to the seat. Yes, there's a shelf, but getting the dog on and off of it wouldn't be much fun for either party. Yeah, just not really a dog car unless your dog is happy curled up on a seat or floor.

Old 08-20-2015, 03:59 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Guy in our country (New Zealand) bought a One-77 and was interviewed showing his terrier/jack russell sitting in the passenger seat. Apparently he drives it round to the local shops and the dog seems to enjoy the ride.

Old 08-23-2015, 06:20 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Dog in a Vantage

We have a small white dog about 10 pounds. We put her bed on the back shelf and she seems to like it there. She can see everything outside from that spot. If we had a normal sized dog it would probably never get in the car.

Old 08-25-2015, 05:46 PM
chamstra is on a distinguished road
My 80lbs English Cream Golden is just fine! He prefers the my vantage to my wife Carrera S Conv - unless the top is down!!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1448.jpg
Views:	561
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	426832  
Old 08-26-2015, 10:26 PM
dsvantage is on a distinguished road
I love that you put your Golden in your Vantage. I can't quite bring myself to do it with my dog, I think his nails would ruin the seats and his fur would get everywhere. Great photo, thanks for sharing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dog in a Vantage