Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage sport package any different?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 12:26 PM
irvineboy is on a distinguished road
Vantage sport package any different?

Hi everyone,

I noticed that the 09 Vantage have a sport package that gives you a nice looking 5-spoke wheels, compared to the standard 20 spoke ones. I really like the sport package rims. Do you guys notice a major difference in ride feel and handling with this package??

Old 05-09-2010, 03:31 PM
Swoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really nice
I have never driven a non sport pack model so I would not know the answer to that. The wheels are lighter weight than the 20 spokes (by how much??) also you get stiffer bilsteins at each corner and a larger diameter sway bar in the rear.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:05 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Mine is a weekend car. I opted for the AM sport pkg for weekend jaunts to the track or just in the hill country around town.

Pros: Takes an already amazing handling car and makes it that much better. Stays planted like the P Cars now imo.

Cons: Slightly harsher ride, but feels like a RR compared to the Pantera

Old 05-10-2010, 07:01 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
I was able to drive both back to back noticed a big/nice difference in "Sport" vs "Standard" ... I would suggest you try and do the same to help w/ choice. I would buy the Sport package for my '07 but not a fully adjustable system (I want the hide height lowered a bit).

Old 05-13-2010, 08:10 AM
stearnsn is an unknown quantity at this point
I installed the sport package and like the handing upgrade quite a bit (it is noticeably stiffer) but, like Michael, prefer the look of a lower car. I still have the springs/shocks if anyone is interested in a deal on part of the package.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:23 PM
echo220 is on a distinguished road
DetomasoGTS74, you mentioned you track your car. How do you find the stock brakes for the track ? Have you done any mods to your suspension other than the sports pkg option car from factory ? Are you running stock tires or did you opt for an R compound street/track tire like the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup ? Thanks,

Old 05-29-2010, 09:14 AM
MFC997 is on a distinguished road
I tested both and got the non-sports pack coupe. Mine's a DD and I liked the feel of the slightly softer suspension with all those horsies. Still plenty firm enough though, similar to my previous '06 911 ... and sooo dang hot looking ...

Old 05-29-2010, 11:19 AM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by echo220
DetomasoGTS74, you mentioned you track your car. How do you find the stock brakes for the track ? Have you done any mods to your suspension other than the sports pkg option car from factory ? Are you running stock tires or did you opt for an R compound street/track tire like the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup ? Thanks,
Hi sorry for the late response...been traveling all week. I have been to the local track a couple times in this car. For some reason, I keep wanting to baby it--perhaps its because I know that I would like to keep it for "good".

Now, I am just running the sports pkg option without any further mods to the supension. I find it is very balanced at the local track through tight turns with minimal roll. I was very suprised that a stock AM could be this good. The brakes have been tremendous with minimal fade after repeated hard stops. I am still running the stock tires, but if I can convince myself to make it out there more I will add a second set of track only tires.

Hope this helps.

Old 03-10-2012, 02:17 AM
Originally Posted by stearnsn
I installed the sport package and like the handing upgrade quite a bit (it is noticeably stiffer) but, like Michael, prefer the look of a lower car. I still have the springs/shocks if anyone is interested in a deal on part of the package.
Does the optional sports package actually lower the car? by how much?

Old 03-10-2012, 02:33 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Originally Posted by jyeh74
It is no lower

Old 03-10-2012, 06:54 AM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
If you're looking for the benefits of the Sports Package with the additional ability to go lower, we offer a great coilover package, very compliant for street use:

http://www.rsctuning.com/product_inf...roducts_id/896

Old 03-11-2012, 04:04 PM
I read that the Aston Martin Vantage N420 also has different springs (standard)
Is this the same as the optional sports package on the base models (just without the 5 spoke wheels)?

Old 03-12-2012, 02:33 PM
MichaelD will become famous soon enough
I read that the Aston Martin Vantage N420 also has different springs (standard)
Is this the same as the optional sports package on the base models (just without the 5 spoke wheels)?
Yes, the N420 has the same sports suspension as other 4.7s with that option. It also has the same sports wheels. The N420 is mainly a cosmetic version plus a sports exhaust, it has the same power, same suspension, same gearbox etc.

Old 10-27-2016, 01:03 AM
lovingit is on a distinguished road
I noticed in 2011 they changed the rims to the V spoke and 10 spoke wheels and didn't have the 5 spoke wheels anymore. Or maybe the 5 spoke became optional. Does that mean they only offered the comfort suspension in 2011 onward?

Last edited by lovingit; 10-27-2016 at 01:16 AM.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:21 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I think the V8V sports pack with Bilsteins handles as good or better than a Turbo 911. Not quite as good as a non turbo, and only because of the weight penalty. However the Vantage is much better balanced than a NA 911. I have owned all three.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vantage sport package any different?