Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Help checking out a AM in Plainview, New York!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 11:50 AM
ArnoldK. is on a distinguished road
Hey Ryan, check it out. This is what I was talking about:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carrevi...n_vantage.html

Based around a gearbox from Turin company Graziano and software from fellow Italian firm Magneti Marelli, the transmission is virtually identical to the one used by Ferrari and Maserati.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:14 PM
RHYNO is on a distinguished road
Thanks Arnold!

That was a very good read. AM must have improved the SS alot since that pre production car in the article. In the 2010 SS car I drove a didn't experience any of those SS negatives!

I just hope the white 09 Vantage you drive today for me is just as good as the 2010 model I drove!!!

Old 07-26-2010, 06:13 PM
ArnoldK. is on a distinguished road
Well, Ryan has already heard the good news from me. But I suppose there may be some followers who are wondering what the closing word on this is. It goes like this: I arrived at the dealership and was greeted very warmly. The guys were sorry for closing up early on Friday, so that's cool. I chit chatted with Matt about cars for a bit, and we both discovered we shared a fondness for old Jag E-Types.

Then I went for the test drive with Fred (or it may have been Frank...I forgot) and I absolutely loved everything about the car. The sound, the power, and the interior is second to none - absolutely world class perfection.

My only complaint, and this is personal preference, is the SportShift. With the SS you're missing a gear lever/****, so you have nowhere to rest your hand. I have a habit of resting my hand on the lever, so I felt a little confused trying to reach down to make a shift and remembering that I only have paddles. Hahaha. For me, it'll definitely be a 6MT, but there's no question that the SportShift is quicker and very sporty and I can certainly see why people get them.

All in all, I absolutely love this car. It is the very essence of what I expect out of a vehicle. Usually, when I drive supercars there's always a ton of compromises - be it the interior, ride quality, build quality, weight that gets in the way of handling, etc. The Aston is the all around champion:

Great power
Massive sound
Flawless interior
Flawless looks
Great build quality
Superb ride quality
Brilliant handling

I'd definitely love to own at least a 2007, even though it's down on power (thankfully it's very mod-friendly and responsive to them).

Good luck with everything, Ryan. I really cannot wait to see the car in your driveway. As stupid as it sounds, I feel like I've made a connection with that car...take good care of it, man! But I'm sure you will, either way. =)

Old 07-26-2010, 06:47 PM
I have to give a shout out to all of you on 6speed!! Thanks you so much for your help. Without you guys I would not know if I was getting a good car or not. So many of you have offered to help me and I just have to say THANKS!!!!

Arnold has been a huge help, he had to deal with alittle bit of bull crap from the dealer closing early and he took time out of his busy day (a couple times) to make sure this car was a Apple not a Lemon!!!

It sounds like I got a great car here and I will get a PPI tmrw so hopefully that goes well and I will have the car by early next month!!!

Old 07-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
I was out of the loop but glad to see things are going well. Let us know what the PPI says ...

Old 07-28-2010, 02:31 PM
PPI went very good "vehicle is in good health". No recalls and the car needed nothing. PPI cost $310 and the ECU flash for DRL's cost $155.
The car will get picked up next week so I should have it in 10-14 days!!!

Thanks again to everyone!!!!

Old 07-28-2010, 05:36 PM
blayne is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RHYNO
PPI went very good "vehicle is in good health". No recalls and the car needed nothing. PPI cost $310 and the ECU flash for DRL's cost $155.
The car will get picked up next week so I should have it in 10-14 days!!!

Thanks again to everyone!!!!
Did they do the ECU flash for you in the States? I'm in the process of getting an 07 from the States but thought only a Canadian dealer would do the Daytime running lights.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:15 PM
Yes the NY dealer did the flash.

You only need to show Canadian tire that it has DRL. It does not matter who does the mod for you!

Old 07-29-2010, 06:10 PM
blayne is on a distinguished road
Yes the NY dealer did the flash.

You only need to show Canadian tire that it has DRL. It does not matter who does the mod for you!
Thanks for the info. Should have my car by next friday if all works out.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:38 PM
I need some help with shipping!!!!

I had a guy recomend using Cat Express transport. I signed the paper work to transport the car from NY to Oroville WA and it was supposed to leave today. The problem is I got a email from the company today and they said they would send it to Seattle and NOT Oroville!!! This is not what I agreed to.

They want more money to send it to Oroville and they won't tell me when they will send it!!! The original quote was 2K

Can anybody help me find a different transport company ASAP????

Old 08-03-2010, 06:34 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !

I had a guy recomend using Cat Express transport. I signed the paper work to transport the car from NY to Oroville WA and it was supposed to leave today. The problem is I got a email from the company today and they said they would send it to Seattle and NOT Oroville!!! This is not what I agreed to.

They want more money to send it to Oroville and they won't tell me when they will send it!!! The original quote was 2K

Rhyno,

Congrats on the AM purchase! I know FedEx does shipping. Have you checked with them?

Edwin

Old 08-03-2010, 07:30 AM
cshsia is on a distinguished road
I'm terribly sorry about that experience (yes I'm the guy that recommended Cat Express), hopefully everything works out well for you.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Jay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud of

If an agreement was signed for them to transport the car to Oroville for a specific price, they can't just back out of that.

Old 08-03-2010, 09:07 PM
They have backed out! Even if they changed there mind I would not do buisness with Cat express, how can you trust a company like that. Can you imagine if something happened to my car, they do not care about customer service at all!

I have found another company that will ship my car but I have to wait until next week

Old 08-04-2010, 07:46 AM
cshsia is on a distinguished road
They have backed out! Even if they changed there mind I would not do buisness with Cat express, how can you trust a company like that. Can you imagine if something happened to my car, they do not care about customer service at all!

I have found another company that will ship my car but I have to wait until next week
That's strange, let me talk to their President next time I see him at an event, you definitely deserve a proper explanation.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help checking out a AM in Plainview, New York!!