Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Need help - 2007 DB9 Mansory Package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 01:49 AM
rzundel will become famous soon enough
Need help - 2007 DB9 Mansory Package

I'm looking to pick up my first AM DB9. I am looking at a 2007 DB9 with 12k miles. It has the Mansory exterior package on it. Looks amazing. I don't know anything about Mansory. Is this viewed as a good quality upgrade to AM or should I look for a DB9 without it? I was told by the dealer that this really adds value to the car because it is so exclusive. Thoughts, opinions?? Also, is there anything I should be concerned with on a 2007 model year?

Old 09-06-2010, 05:38 AM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Mansory makes quality parts. If you like it, I would say make the buy. The dealer is full of S#!%. Aftermarket add-ons usually bring about 1/4 or less of the value that they cost. They will mean more to someone in who wants them in private sale. I have a number of quality add-ons. My dealer said the price for a trade wouldn't really change. The best that they could do was save me the money in labor to return the car to the original and they still wanted all of the original parts. If you really like the car as is, find a range of what is worth at retail and offer that plus 1/4 of the cost of the kit. The dealer did the same thing or worse to the guy that traded it. By the way, if you buy another DB9, Mansory will be happy to sell you a kit. They are really not rare.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:32 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
For a second opinion - I totally agree w/ jaymoney, Mansory is a good German company that makes nice expensive parts - their resale is like any other good company - not much. the companies that make crap actually bring resale value down. As another example I have modded many Porsches and in each case my sale resulted in someone buying my car over a "stock" car - a little more towards the retail value , but no real "repay" for my after market parts. It was nothing more than I made the sale of my car over the same "stock" one. I chalk it up to my enjoyment of my aftermarket parts and just a cost of ownership. I would bet that dealer offered the owner nothing in trade in value for the Mansory stuff. Harsh but reality - if you like the look I would offer no more than a standard DB9 value ... they will pull the same "rare" BS but in the end they do want to sell the car. Rare ... no ... expensive parts ... yes.

Old 09-11-2010, 06:14 AM
CHAOS236 will become famous soon enoughCHAOS236 will become famous soon enough
+1 on the $0 from the stealer

Old 09-12-2010, 09:16 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Do you have pictures of the car? I ask because Mansory isn't always known for its crowd-pleasing, tasteful transformations. If you like it, great, but you should keep in mind what others think for purposes of later resale. If others don't feel it, the additions could reduce the value of the car. My two cents.

Old 09-12-2010, 01:42 PM
got_hp? has a spectacular aura aboutgot_hp? has a spectacular aura about
stealership logic:

on the car they are selling
"these aftermarket addons are very exclusive and increase the value/price of the car"

if you try to trade-in the same car with exact same addons
"these aftermarket addons do not add any value to your car, and in fact might drop the value a bit because its not in original condition"

mansory is top quality high end stuff.....some of their stuff looks crazy and over the top, while other stuff looks very stylish and good, but either way, im sure the previous owner paid quite a lot of money for it.
regardless, i wouldnt let the stealer jack up the price over a stock condition car.

Old 09-12-2010, 01:45 PM
got_hp? has a spectacular aura aboutgot_hp? has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Do you have pictures of the car? I ask because Mansory isn't always known for its crowd-pleasing, tasteful transformations. If you like it, great, but you should keep in mind what others think for purposes of later resale. If others don't feel it, the additions could reduce the value of the car. My two cents.

yeah mansory makes some awful stuff sometimes, but they also make some great looking stuff.

i think the db9 kit looks pretty good.