Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Car A.D.D. kicking in again

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 03:32 PM
RPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch
Sorry guys but I can't even imagine comparing a boxster and vantage. I understand that the new boxster spyder is nice but the vantage has so much more class and style. I would keep the vantage for sure... like others have said, if you get bored, add some wheels, exhaust, and drop

Edwin
Agree 100% for the money you will get , theres no car in the same leage you could buy.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:19 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Ray Portilla
Agree 100% for the money you will get , theres no car in the same leage you could buy.
yep +1

Old 10-01-2010, 07:34 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
The only other car I was considering when I was looking for a vantage was a gallardo and a 997tt.

Edwin

Old 10-01-2010, 02:27 PM
thnxbabe has a spectacular aura aboutthnxbabe has a spectacular aura about
Maserati's can be had in the secondary market for a song.

If you want a car to mod, I don't know if the Boxster is it. Unless you just want to do cosmetics, there are not many performance mods that will get you a bunch of power.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:17 PM
seattle_s4 will become famous soon enoughseattle_s4 will become famous soon enough
I'm sort of at peace with the fact that any car I could get with the proceeds won't come close to matching the Aston in terms of name, style, or presence. I'm reminded of a line in a movie I saw once: "Show me a beautiful woman and I'll show you a man that's tired of sleeping with her."

Sometimes driving the same car, no matter how amazing the interior or exhaust note is or how many complements you get, gets tiring and you want to move on to something different. I can always go back to a different Aston later on - maybe a V12 like some others have.

Old 10-02-2010, 08:46 AM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by seattle_s4
I'm reminded of a line in a movie I saw once: "Show me a beautiful woman and I'll show you a man that's tired of sleeping with her."

LOL, that reminds me of what I tell my buddies on dating beautiful women-You can eat fillet mignon every night, but once in a while you want spaghetti bolognese"

Guess it can hold true with cars too!

Old 10-02-2010, 09:00 AM
Torn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud of
Old 10-02-2010, 09:07 AM
RPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to behold
A friend is selling an 05 F430 very cheap PM me if you are interested but hurry because he will sell it fast he wants to buy and airplane and he doesn't mind waiting longer.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:59 PM
sgt d is on a distinguished road
i was looking at the gran turismo, beautiful car but in the end was just a few more than what i wanted to spend along with the maintenance that is involved.

i too change alot and when i got this car i knew i would be doomed to this same decision.........

Old 11-24-2012, 07:42 PM
DonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch
Sorry guys but I can't even imagine comparing a boxster and vantage. I understand that the new boxster spyder is nice but the vantage has so much more class and style. I would keep the vantage for sure... like others have said, if you get bored, add some wheels, exhaust, and drop

Edwin
This man speaks the truth.......any change without $$ will result in a lesser driving experience

Old 11-27-2012, 08:05 AM
fbiguy is on a distinguished road
I can speak from experience about the very thing you are considering. I recently gave up my 09 Vantage and went with an M5. It was an amazing car. It was mindbending to be in 4 door sedan that could do the things it does.

3 weeks to the day I got it, I was at my Aston Martin dealer getting a DB9. As awesome as it was, the M5 just didn't measure up. That intangible feeling you get from the Aston was missing and now I have it back.

Good Luck in your search, if it is still ongoing.

Old 11-27-2012, 05:07 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
It's going to be tough to get a car with the same presence.

Are you planning on daily driving it?

I have owned a Boxster S, awesome car, but look for a special one, like a speedster. They are great fun to drive and I love the exhaust note. But it's NOT like owning an Aston.

I also own an R8 V10. That car is amazing, special, unique, exotic etc. but it is not like owning an Aston. For me it lacks the X Factor.

If you want something really different, perhaps you should have something retro built for you?

Old 11-27-2012, 06:03 PM
62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !
This thread is 2 years old, I bet the OP has already resolved his dilemma.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:30 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
@62Jeff, it showed as an active thread.

I wonder what he did?

Old 11-27-2012, 06:53 PM
62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by black penguin
@62Jeff, it showed as an active thread.

I wonder what he did?
The thread got resurrected when DonBond posted in it a few days ago.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car A.D.D. kicking in again