Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

vantage prices soft?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 07:33 AM
Epik151 has a spectacular aura aboutEpik151 has a spectacular aura about
V12 vantage at 80k would indeed be sweeeet.

Old 12-26-2010, 07:38 AM
nacelle is on a distinguished road
This has been interesting to read early in the morning the day after Christmas...

...nothing better for wedouglas to do at this time of year sadly.

Old 12-26-2010, 04:10 PM
Pipper6speed is an unknown quantity at this point
Some of you are such cry babies and can't take criticism of your car. Do you see me in any of the other Vantage threads? Nope.

This thread is about why Vantage prices are taking such a beating. I'm not the one who brought it up lol.

Talk the car up all you want, it's depreciating faster than all the other cars in it's class for a reason. Don't let your heart get in the way of common sense. If the demand was there, the prices would be firmer. Same is true for every car.

Demand = desirability that matters. Plain and simple.

My mistake, the transmission is the same as the R8, but the implementation blows. So you have oil, shift cables, and TCU issues. Who cares if it is the same transmission if you can't use it properly? I guess you can fix that stuff though and it has been addressed. Doesn't change the fact that it's how it came.

I wasn't talking about the 4.7, but I did say the 4.3, which is what a lot of the used cars are. Are you next going to bring up the Vantage V12 for some reason?

Hope I didn't spoil your Chirstmas. lol.

Old 12-29-2010, 03:03 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
It seems he is the one who best answered the question of the original post... And your bashing him for it?

Doesn't make sense.

Old 01-01-2011, 06:09 AM
eelton is on a distinguished road
Getting back to the original theme of this thread...

I see that the prices for 2007s from the NADA guide have gone down recently. These aren't calculated according to mileage or options, so they may not have direct bearing on what a particular car is worth. However, the trend would seem to be important. As I recall, the average retail a month ago was around $68K, and it's now $63K. That's a pretty sharp drop in a short period.

NADA 2007 Aston Martin Vantage prices

Old 01-01-2011, 09:16 AM
CRVETR has a spectacular aura aboutCRVETR has a spectacular aura about
I would suggest that the reduced NADA price would be partly due to the time of year.

Old 01-01-2011, 10:43 AM
R8V10 is on a distinguished road
This thread has lost some momentum so I am here to stand shoulder to shoulder with my R8 bretheren. Your V8 Vantage is a real ****box and thats why its resale drops like a rock.

Now that I have your attention, I am a huge fan of the Vantage's looks and uniqueness. I was ever so close to purchasing one a couple of years back but really couldnt get comfortable with the uncertainties of how it would retain its value, its reliablity and how it would hold up from a quality standpoint. I think it is these same concerns that may be having an effect on the resale values. In my opinion it is not a car intended to drive at 10/10's, it isnt designed to look like something out of star wars but it does have a very classic and stunning look which the AM's have had for years.

Without a doubt we would all love to have our cars hold their value but the reality is they wont. You just need to be comfortable in knowing that it is all part of what it will cost you to drive the car and enjoy it. Regardless of all the posts, the fundamentals of economics will dictate values in a free market. Its the price we all pay for not driving Camry's.

Old 01-01-2011, 10:59 AM
CRVETR has a spectacular aura aboutCRVETR has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by R8V10
it isnt designed to look like something out of star wars but it does have a very classic and stunning look which the AM's have had for years.
And this is why I will buy one; the rest of the arguments as to why one should not own one are just white noise to me.

Old 01-01-2011, 12:03 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by banton
And this is why I will buy one; the rest of the arguments as to why one should not own one are just white noise to me.
But that is precisely why the value has not held well. All of that other 'white noise' is the exactly the reason why thousands of other people choose other vehicles. Because not everybody buys a car based on looks alone.

Some value cost, maintenance, ownership, drivability, etc... differently than others.

Old 01-01-2011, 12:56 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by R8V10
Without a doubt we would all love to have our cars hold their value but the reality is they wont. You just need to be comfortable in knowing that it is all part of what it will cost you to drive the car and enjoy it. Regardless of all the posts, the fundamentals of economics will dictate values in a free market. Its the price we all pay for not driving Camry's.
+1, ; D.
My wife and I were considering vantage since launch, but we bought two other cars since 06. We finally bought a 2010 V8V last summer despite of all the issues, value etc. we read about. We are very happy with it. The brake squeal is driving us nuts, but we hope to resolve that soon. Is it a better daily driver than the other car, nope. But we love it just as much.

Old 01-01-2011, 01:53 PM
R8V10 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mdc
+1, ; D.
My wife and I were considering vantage since launch, but we bought two other cars since 06. We finally bought a 2010 V8V last summer despite of all the issues, value etc. we read about. We are very happy with it. The brake squeal is driving us nuts, but we hope to resolve that soon. Is it a better daily driver than the other car, nope. But we love it just as much.
We are hijacking the thread but I have to say that I have not had one glitch with the R8 and it has been the best performance car I have owned (and there have been a bunch).

Old 01-01-2011, 06:47 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
I am a big fan of the R8 in the exterior looks department and the driving department, but not in the one area that Audi excels in (usually), the interior. That and the fact that its an Audi (shallow, I know) are the only reasons I did not buy the R8.

Would I have loved having an Audi dealer in every city, absolutly.....would I have loved being there with all the A3's (great cars), no-it would not feel as special. Audi should be more reliable than an Aston Martin....a hand built car that has built as many cars in its history as Audi spits out A4s in a year....

For me personally, my Aston will be a car that I plan to hold on to for as long as I can drive. I will hopefully continue to add others if I am fortunate enough. I was aware of depreciation being an issue as other models have dropped as well....but for ME personally-I did not care.....the car was what I wanted. I make investments in real estate and the stock market, not in my cars.

Thank god there are so many car choices out there at every price range so that we can all choose what makes sense to us personally.

Old 01-06-2011, 03:13 AM
Epik151 has a spectacular aura aboutEpik151 has a spectacular aura about
Audi R8 if you want flashy looks(prob won't age as well), good drive, prob better reliability, very dull 30k audi interior.

Aston Vantage for brand name power, timeless design(understated style as long as you don't put gaudy wheels on), 250k sexy dbs interior.

Depends on your mood, I guess. Buy both.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:55 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Epik151
Audi R8 if you want flashy looks(prob won't age as well), good drive, prob better reliability, very dull 30k audi interior.

Aston Vantage for brand name power, timeless design(understated style as long as you don't put gaudy wheels on), 250k sexy dbs interior.

Depends on your mood, I guess. Buy both.
Spinners.... don’t forget spinners. That is an interesting way to see it, 30k and 250k interiors. That is very clever to compare the interior. I wouldn’t go as low as 30K audi interior in the R8. More like, hmmm.. 60K? ; D. I think the R8 interior is very good, esp with CF package. I added CF hand brake in addition to the CF options, it has just the right amount of CF.

But, the AM interior is simply beautiful. Little hard to keep a dust-free piano black dash. But the engine start process itself is worth keeping the car for no matter how sucks its value is.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:28 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
Nice read ... more fun since it got off topic. Current cars sitting in my driveway - a 2007 Cayman S, 2007 4.3 Vantage and a 2013 R8 (8cyl) Spyder ... yes you read that correctly ... I can not talk openly about the Audi ... hand it back in 3 weeks. My track is Sebring and I know it better than my driveway ... I teach club drivers at several fifferent tracks here in the South. Not brag'n just fact - there are faster drivers than me.
Rather that spouting off about GTR/R8/Vantage ... if Porsche had the ***** to drop the 3.8 into the Cayman ... none of the cars mentioned here could touch it ... short or long track ... but they will not - whimps. AM dropping the v12 into the Vantage ... over the top cool (yep, drove it too) !!!
Mod a 996/997 Carrera S the same way as my 4.3 Vantage ... I've run 'em at Sebring, still not faster than my Vantage - 997 GT3 - a little quicker. An R8 - great handling car - have not had it on the track so will not comment until then - and no one brings it to the track (at least in my world). BTW that R8 is NOT bullet proof ... there have been engine problems w/ 8 & 10 cyl engines. But still a great car ... no new car has not had issues ... the Spyder gets the looks too !
My point .. none ... since this thread was blown apart I just had to post !!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: vantage prices soft?