Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DB9 for $65k?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 06:17 PM
Jay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Just like a Ferrari, service and maintenance costs start adding up very quickly over 25k, unfortunately.

Based on what? I haven't seen anything to indicate the newer models (DB9/V8/DBS) have very high maintenance costs.

As a side note, I think that color combo happens to look pretty good. Ignoring the Nav system, which we don't need to go into, the "missing" options I would be concerned with are things like heated/memory seats and audio upgrades.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:20 AM
MikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant future
My problem with the db9 is that it just looks a little dated like the vanquish. But are beautiful cars, but they look dated. I really dislike the db9 rims and the wood interior most of them have. The v12 sounds great for sure, but i'd bet even the 4.3 vantage would be more sporty and fun to drive. Guess it's what you are looking for, certainly a good price.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:04 PM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Originally Posted by MikeR397
My problem with the db9 is that it just looks a little dated like the vanquish. But are beautiful cars, but they look dated. I really dislike the db9 rims and the wood interior most of them have. The v12 sounds great for sure, but i'd bet even the 4.3 vantage would be more sporty and fun to drive. Guess it's what you are looking for, certainly a good price.
Sorry but any 911 owner has no business calling ANY other car "dated"...

Old 01-07-2011, 12:58 PM
astondude is on a distinguished road
I think the color combo looks pretty nice although most people prefer black or silver. I don't see anything wrong with the maroon. The sat nav is pretty useless, so you won't need it. I think I paid $2-3K for that useless nav. However, keep in mind that the DB9 is more like a touring car while the Vantage is definitely more sporty and fun. It really depends on your personal preference. The mileage is not terribly high on that 05 Aston but the price is great. Since you're not driving it much, it may be a good additional car for you. Most Aston owners have several cars and typically don't drive too many miles annually on the Aston....I'm guessing perhaps 2-5K a year but some folks here use it as daily driver, which is ok too. Let us know what you get.

Old 01-07-2011, 02:46 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Definitely... It'll be a few months, I'm just preparing now.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:19 AM
MikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Red Devil
Sorry but any 911 owner has no business calling ANY other car "dated"...
Ha, true, but I never said my car isn't "dated" looking; everyone knows the basic look of the 911 hasn't changed much in decades, and the same goes with the 997 (not that that bothers me). I wasn't comparing Aston's to Porsche's, I was comparing DB9's to Vantages, which is what Jasper was looking at .

Last edited by MikeR397; 01-08-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Ha, true, but I never said my car isn't "dated" looking; everyone knows the basic look of the 911 hasn't changed much in decades, and the same goes with the 997 (not that that bothers me). I wasn't comparing Aston's to Porsche's, I was comparing DB9's to Vantages, which is what Jasper was looking at .
I hear ya and was just busting them a bit. From the front DB9s and Vantages are almost indestinguishable and overall there's a pretty strong family resemblence among the two IMO.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:37 PM
Jay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud of
I hear ya and was just busting them a bit. From the front DB9s and Vantages are almost indestinguishable and overall there's a pretty strong family resemblence among the two IMO.
Actually, most people can't tell the difference between the two.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by Jay_Davis
Actually, most people can't tell the difference between the two.
I'll do you one better: most people don't know what they are! My car doesn't have the DB9 on the back so all you have is the tiny "Aston Martin" written inside the wings. I can see plenty of people stopped behind me looking closely and then mouthing "What is that" to the person next to them. The most common thing it's mistaken for is a Bentley (?) and I guess it's b/c of the wings. There is every kind of exotic around where I live and outside of the rarest super-exotics, you just don't see too many Astons and that's one of the things I like about it. People who buy Astons aren't looking for the most extreme performance or handling but want a beautiful car that drives quite well and ALWAYS will be admired by others.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:54 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
I used to get Maserati every now and then. Most people don't see cars like this in the flesh that often. Then again, my wife has had 4 BMW X5's and she sometimes doesn't recognize another one if it's a different color.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:26 PM
I'll do you one better: most people don't know what they are! My car doesn't have the DB9 on the back so all you have is the tiny "Aston Martin" written inside the wings. I can see plenty of people stopped behind me looking closely and then mouthing "What is that" to the person next to them. The most common thing it's mistaken for is a Bentley (?) and I guess it's b/c of the wings. There is every kind of exotic around where I live and outside of the rarest super-exotics, you just don't see too many Astons and that's one of the things I like about it. People who buy Astons aren't looking for the most extreme performance or handling but want a beautiful car that drives quite well and ALWAYS will be admired by others.
I don't have the Vantage tag on the back of mine I have the same thing happen all the time.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:02 AM
I also think a big part of it is where you live & drive. When I'm local I'm sure a fair amount of people know what it is, but in 10 minutes I can be in an area that is more Chevys, Dodges, Toyotas, etc. and then it's like I'm an alien...

Old 01-13-2011, 05:11 PM
True, very similar in many regards. I just don't love the db9 wheels or wood inside any car, but that is of course personal preference and the wheels are an easy fix anyway. For that matter, the 06 to 08 vantage wheels are not superb either. I like both 09 an 10 model's stock wheels better though.

Regardless of all this, both are very beautiful cars. I am only being so particular because on any car over 50k, it should be exactly what you want!

Old 01-13-2011, 08:45 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
True, very similar in many regards. I just don't love the db9 wheels or wood inside any car, but that is of course personal preference and the wheels are an easy fix anyway. For that matter, the 06 to 08 vantage wheels are not superb either. I like both 09 an 10 model's stock wheels better though.

Regardless of all this, both are very beautiful cars. I am only being so particular because on any car over 50k, it should be exactly what you want!
I like the 997TT wheels on your 996TT much better

Old 01-13-2011, 10:32 PM
maroli will become famous soon enoughmaroli will become famous soon enough
to the OP:
I found this and thought of you buddy

http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/ast...=&distance=any

it's got 10k less miles on it, for a very similar price. let us know if you get it!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DB9 for $65k?