Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Passenger Window

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 04:35 PM
Rumster is on a distinguished road
Drove out the LFSC and they completed a "flash reset" of the windows, which solved my problem. Even better, they didn't charge me. And even better still, they have the new McLaren in house.

Old 03-24-2011, 05:11 PM
gekko will become famous soon enoughgekko will become famous soon enough
That's great service!

McLaren - Looking to be a epic car, the looks grow on you, but not an Aston in the looks department.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:04 AM
TIUFB is on a distinguished road
Thank you to all!
Even though I have a dealer relatively close, I like to take care of small things on my own whenever possible (not to mention the cost savings). For some reason, the driver's window on my DB9 decided to stop the ingress/egress function where it rolls down slightly and then returns to fully closed once the door is shut. I followed the mechanism reset instructions in the second post, and now everything is fine. Forums like this are invaluable for these types of cars, you guys are great.

Old 01-17-2014, 06:06 PM
utahsaint is on a distinguished road
sorry for rehashing an old thread, but wanted to say thx, we had the same problem with the passenger window on my wifes 08 V8 Vantage not "resetting" - where it drops an inch or so when it opens/closes. I didnt try the tip of unplugging the battery, but I did remove the door panel (about a 10 min job) and unplugged the power to the window module - left out for 30 secs, plugged back in and voila! Saved me a trip to the local dealership and no doubt a 2 hr labor charge! thx guys.

Old 03-09-2015, 03:51 PM
Townshend is on a distinguished road
My passenger side window makes a creaking sound at certain points going up or down. Also when I hold the button up for the window to go up all the way, it stops to the point where it appears closed, however I have to lift the window button up again for it to move the further quarter inch to be fully closed. Motor going bad perhaps or just needs to be reset?

Old 03-09-2015, 03:57 PM
utahsaint is on a distinguished road
I would try the battery reset - can't hurt. I've done the door panel job - and the battery reset trick for my wifes V8 and it worked both times - the battery reset is by far the quickest, least fiddly.

Old 03-09-2015, 04:00 PM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Townshend
My passenger side window makes a creaking sound at certain points going up or down. Also when I hold the button up for the window to go up all the way, it stops to the point where it appears closed, however I have to lift the window button up again for it to move the further quarter inch to be fully closed. Motor going bad perhaps or just needs to be reset?
try reset first - press and hold the switch down for a few seconds and wait for a "click" sound. press and hold the switch up for a few seconds and wait for a a "click" sound.

Old 03-10-2015, 03:51 PM
Townshend is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cret
try reset first - press and hold the switch down for a few seconds and wait for a "click" sound. press and hold the switch up for a few seconds and wait for a a "click" sound.
Tried the reset with no luck. I took a video with sound to capture what is happening with the window.

View My Video

Old 03-10-2015, 04:12 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Grinding sound during motion makes me think it might be the window regulator. Mine sort of sounded like that before it pretty much seized and would hardly go up or down any more. About $1K at the dealer to replace.

Might be worth taking off the interior door card so you can see what's going on in there before it gets worse.