Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

I feel sick...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 06:08 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by brumma
Thanks for all the responses guys. I did end up going away for the weekend and had a great time, despite my earlier depression. Glad I did! I am actually considering having Bond-style oil sprayers installed in the boot to deal with tailgaters.
WOW ... how did I not think of that?!

Just added another mod to my list
________
WEB SHOWS

Last edited by 007 Vantage; 08-24-2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:17 PM
tranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of light
When I slowed down to try to get him to go around, she accused me of baiting him.
Hmmm, hope that you 2 have a better understanding in the future. Sounds to me all you wanted to do is to get out of the situation. Slowing down was probably the best defensive move you could've done. Not sure if there would have been a better alternative.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:29 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I don't usually visit the Aston section but saw the title of the thread .
It may be a simple fix that you wish to deal with in your area but I can make a reccomendation in Miami (3 hrs away) . At the aston dealership The Collection in the service department is a service adviso named Tim who I have known for almost 20 years (in Porsche) . He is outstanding in being helpful and professional. He knows I post on 6 speed and my name is larry.
When my car was hit by road debris he sent it to a body shop called Countach and they did a fantastic job . It was nice having the dealership as part of the process too.

Good luck .

Old 06-07-2011, 01:37 PM
HeavyMetal is on a distinguished road
So, I've had the V8V for a week and a day. I had my first really bad experience in it last night. For no apparent reason, some jerk decides to tailgate me very aggressively and refuses to pass. I was a bit shaken when we arrived home. My wife and I argued for the remainder of the drive about "what I had done wrong," which only served to rattle me even more. Apparently, I forgot to engage the handbrake when we arrived home, and I woke up this morning with the back of the car resting against the garage door. There is now a dent and nick in the paint on the bumper overrider as well as a dent in the bumper right above it. I'm supposed to go away for the weekend, but that is now ruined since I won't be able to think about anything else. I really feel nauseous.

I bought the car from an independent, but I'd rather they not know about this. I think they might be able to do a paintless dent removal on the bumper itself, but is that area even accessible without disassembling the entire rear end? The overrider will definitely need paint--are those removable? I should also mention that it is a color match paint--Ferrari Tour de France Blue--so where do I find the paint code? Should I consult my local AM dealership for a recommendation, or go to an independent? What should I do?

*EDIT: On second viewing, I believe I am mistaken regarding damage to the bumper itself. What appears to be a dent exists on both sides, and is just how the bumper curves above the corner of the overrider. It would seem the damage is limited to the overrider itself.*
Hey mate,

I understand completely how you feel.. It has happened to me exactly the same as well, incl wife getting angry. Getting scolded was well deserved, I think, tho I figured it out only much later ...

No point getting into a fight with some worthless loser. You play with ****s, and basically end up... stinking.. no-win

I just hate tailgaters, but there are too many jealous people who think creeping close up the behind in a ****mobile makes them your equal.

I would say ignore them the next time or basically just pull over and let them pass...

Of course, if they are chasing you, then different matter.. Hope you can drive fast ... or have got a strong left hook

Old 06-07-2011, 01:59 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
As for tailgaters, I too just pull over to let them pass (especially when my wife is in the car). As for bumper damage, In November I backed my Aston into my Audi... the Aston's bumper faired far better than the Audi's. The Aston dealer was able to repair the damage without removal of the bumper (and match the paint). The Audi still need to be fixed (it's the dogs car... A4 Avant). I've learned not to get too worked up over this type of stuff... it's just stuff.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:51 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
[quote=AXARUNNER;3226481] As for bumper damage, In November I backed my Aston into my Audi... quote] OH MY!

At first when I bought the car, I felt people were getting close just to see what type of car it was. Until I experienced a real a** hole

I had a minivan tailing me hard in heavy traffic until we stopped at a red light on a big hill. He must have pulled up 2 in from my rear bumper....this really pissed me off with the manual and all.....so I just lifted my arm out the window like what the heck! He proceeded to get out of the minivan and came right up to the drivers door. I was not concerned for my well being, but of this jealous jerk kicking in the side door or something.

His wife got out and grabbed him. As I pulled away, I saw a child in the backseat.

I ignore everyone now. People are jealous and there are many "haters" in this world. For every jerk though, there are 10 thumbs up. I could only imagine the response if I drove a red Ferrari.....

Old 06-08-2011, 12:19 AM
brumma has a spectacular aura aboutbrumma has a spectacular aura about
[QUOTE=DetomasoGTS74;3226859]
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
As for bumper damage, In November I backed my Aston into my Audi... quote] OH MY!

At first when I bought the car, I felt people were getting close just to see what type of car it was. Until I experienced a real a** hole

I had a minivan tailing me hard in heavy traffic until we stopped at a red light on a big hill. He must have pulled up 2 in from my rear bumper....this really pissed me off with the manual and all.....so I just lifted my arm out the window like what the heck! He proceeded to get out of the minivan and came right up to the drivers door. I was not concerned for my well being, but of this jealous jerk kicking in the side door or something.

His wife got out and grabbed him. As I pulled away, I saw a child in the backseat.

I ignore everyone now. People are jealous and there are many "haters" in this world. For every jerk though, there are 10 thumbs up. I could only imagine the response if I drove a red Ferrari.....
Is it just me, or doesn't something like this make you think "Oh ****, did I actually do something wrong?" It's just that nagging voice in my head that makes me doubt myself even though I know I'm right.