Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

I feel sick...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 07:54 AM
brumma has a spectacular aura aboutbrumma has a spectacular aura about
I feel sick...

So, I've had the V8V for a week and a day. I had my first really bad experience in it last night. For no apparent reason, some jerk decides to tailgate me very aggressively and refuses to pass. I was a bit shaken when we arrived home. My wife and I argued for the remainder of the drive about "what I had done wrong," which only served to rattle me even more. Apparently, I forgot to engage the handbrake when we arrived home, and I woke up this morning with the back of the car resting against the garage door. There is now a dent and nick in the paint on the bumper overrider as well as a dent in the bumper right above it. I'm supposed to go away for the weekend, but that is now ruined since I won't be able to think about anything else. I really feel nauseous.

I bought the car from an independent, but I'd rather they not know about this. I think they might be able to do a paintless dent removal on the bumper itself, but is that area even accessible without disassembling the entire rear end? The overrider will definitely need paint--are those removable? I should also mention that it is a color match paint--Ferrari Tour de France Blue--so where do I find the paint code? Should I consult my local AM dealership for a recommendation, or go to an independent? What should I do?

*EDIT: On second viewing, I believe I am mistaken regarding damage to the bumper itself. What appears to be a dent exists on both sides, and is just how the bumper curves above the corner of the overrider. It would seem the damage is limited to the overrider itself.*

Last edited by brumma; 03-26-2011 at 08:43 AM.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:09 AM
The racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond repute
Florida is a castle doctrine state. Ditch the guy legally, if you can't, call the cops. Some things you should have in your car, video camera, cell phone, and a legal form of self-defence.

Something you shouldn't have in the car, a woman that doesn't stand behind you 100%.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:25 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Haha, i like the last sentence
________
SexEnigma cam

Last edited by 007 Vantage; 08-24-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:27 AM
eelton is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by The racerx
Florida is a castle doctrine state. Ditch the guy legally, if you can't, call the cops. Some things you should have in your car, video camera, cell phone, and a legal form of self-defence.
What guy? I think you misread the post. The tailgater didn't have anything to do with the damage--that story seemed to be just for context.
(Now I get it--you're talking about how to deal with a tailgater as a separate issue)

Last edited by eelton; 03-26-2011 at 09:33 AM.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:49 AM
DrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura about
Buddy, if this is the worst thing that happens to you this week, count your blessings! I know how easy it is to get worked up with stuff like this, in the grand scheme of things, this is not a big deal! You can afford a 100K car, life is good.

My wife took out a chunk of leather on the steering wheel with her wedding ring... I was bummed, but now I'm gonna get it wrapped ;-)

Old 03-26-2011, 12:51 PM
gekko will become famous soon enoughgekko will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by brumma
So, I've had the V8V for a week and a day. I had my first really bad experience in it last night. For no apparent reason, some jerk decides to tailgate me very aggressively and refuses to pass.
I find tapping the Rear fog light a few times makes 'anything' back off. I get idiots doing this all the time... trying to take videos & pic's etc & especially not paying attention to how close they actually get.

Last edited by gekko; 03-26-2011 at 01:07 PM. Reason: spzlling
Old 03-26-2011, 12:53 PM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
You can't worry about that kind of stuff...it's going to happen. Look at it this way...it could always be worse. At least your garage door was closed and it didn't roll down the driveway or into the street. I have seen that happen.

Old 03-26-2011, 01:04 PM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
Oh and as for the tailgating thing...get a supercharger and you won't have to worry about that any more. I've had a few times where people tried to mess with me by tailgating me in this car until I finally had enough and punched it. I pulled away from them so quickly that if they happened to catch up with me down the road after I slowed down you could see the shock on their faces as they were trying to figure out what I had in there.

Old 03-26-2011, 01:16 PM
rossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud of
Yeah no getting worked up over it now.......whats happened, happened. Just enjoy your weekend and your car. Get it fixed.

Old 03-26-2011, 01:57 PM
fischb will become famous soon enoughfischb will become famous soon enough
That sucks. I know the feeling. My wife has gotten annoyed with me for nitpicking what her ring scratches or when the buckle on her coat hits the paint. She just now hung a dress behind the drivers seat with one of those wire hangers with all the sharp wire ends.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:23 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
No, you did not have it bad at all ... THIS OWNER had it bad (below), you just had a minor inconvenience so count your blessings ...

________
NEXIUM INJURY LAWYER

Last edited by 007 Vantage; 08-24-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:31 PM
tranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by The racerx

Something you shouldn't have in the car, a woman that doesn't stand behind you 100%.
Good post.

Srsly, though, why the hell would your wife be giving *you* grief? I don't get it.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:36 AM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
seldom do i get tailgated i try to keep my speed around 140 a blk and white car tailgated me once he faded away at 160 but i could still see his strange red lights he put on the top of his car.

really this did happen to me on a feeeway on ramp a jeep got right on my *** was at 35hundred rpms in 2nd knowing the tires always break loose at those rpms i nailed it and left the guy in tire smoke, think he had to turn on his fog lites to get on the freeway., i'm sure it gave him something to think about...

Old 03-27-2011, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by tranquility
Good post.

Srsly, though, why the hell would your wife be giving *you* grief? I don't get it.
When I slowed down to try to get him to go around, she accused me of baiting him.

Old 03-27-2011, 04:34 PM
Thanks for all the responses guys. I did end up going away for the weekend and had a great time, despite my earlier depression. Glad I did! I am actually considering having Bond-style oil sprayers installed in the boot to deal with tailgaters.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I feel sick...