Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DB9 Paddle Shifting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 10:58 PM
LotusJPS is on a distinguished road
DB9 Paddle Shifting

I'm curious if anyone has experience with paddle shifting a '09 or newer DB9. I found one on the opposite coast that I'm tempted by, though I drove a '06 and using the paddle shifts was horrible (long delay between using the paddle and when it actually changed gears). I was wondering if they have been improved on. It would be great if they're closer to the Jaguar XKR gearbox (fast shift and even blip the throttle on down shifts).

Old 04-12-2011, 11:13 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LotusJPS
I'm curious if anyone has experience with paddle shifting a '09 or newer DB9. I found one on the opposite coast that I'm tempted by, though I drove a '06 and using the paddle shifts was horrible (long delay between using the paddle and when it actually changed gears). I was wondering if they have been improved on. It would be great if they're closer to the Jaguar XKR gearbox (fast shift and even blip the throttle on down shifts).
I'm not a huge fan of the DB9 box, but I did have the chance to drive one that was upgraded with some software from the DBS. It's not something the dealers advertise and probably a lot of the techs/service managers don't even know it can be done, but there is an upgrade available.

I drove this back to DC from Summitt hill for my client (he was toast after an all-day track event) and I thought it was a fair improvement. I don't think the service department charged him either....