Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin of Tysons Corner VA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 12:18 PM
LotusJPS is infamous around these parts
Question Aston Martin of Tysons Corner VA

Does anyone here have experience with Aston Martin of Tysons Corner in VA? I've been trying to buy a car from them for almost a month and keep getting a run around and they don't return emails or phone calls. The strange thing is that I agreed to the price without negotiating and was told that they had the wheels I wanted (exchanging the ones currently on the car). Before flying to the opposite coast I asked for our agreement in writing . After several days and phone calls I received an email stating the price and "my choice of wheels from their warehouse", though didn't even reference what car. Almost two weeks ago I wrote up a document outlining what we had agreed upon (which car and wheels and the price) and asked him to sign and return it. Now every time I call him (supposedly the manager) he's either going to return the document right away (which never happens) or he needs to verify the wheels in the warehouse (again).

I've never had to work this hard to get someone to sell me something, especially seeing they're the ones that set the terms.

Old 04-18-2011, 12:20 PM
CRVETR has a spectacular aura aboutCRVETR has a spectacular aura about
Call and ask for Pieter, the GM. He is very professional and attentive. His sales staff, less so.

Old 04-18-2011, 12:25 PM
He's the one I've been working with.

Old 04-18-2011, 12:33 PM
He returns my calls quickly, and the same with email..

Old 04-18-2011, 01:38 PM
CollaudatoreSV is infamous around these parts
I just helped a guy looking at a Maserati they were selling, had similar difficulties. I'm not sure if it's a trend or just coincidence.

Old 04-18-2011, 04:21 PM
111R is infamous around these parts
I bought a car from them a few month ago and that was not the case. Pieter is pieter, a salesmans salesman but this does not sound like him. Another to talk to is Carl Messer, a really good guy but Pieter essentially approves all the sales. Overall, this does not reflect my experience there.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:23 AM
I talked with Pieter again yesterday, and again a strait answer absolutely eludes him. All I'm asking is if he has a particular wheel in stock that he would exchange for the ones on the car. A simple yes or no is all I'm looking for. (This is of course after he verbally said he had the wheels I wanted a couple weeks ago but got all squishy when I asked for it in writing.)

At this point I'm seriously considering forgetting about the car since they won't be upfront with me.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:35 AM
nacelle is infamous around these parts
This all seems a little odd.... must be more to it.

Old 04-19-2011, 02:13 PM
millsjq has a spectacular aura aboutmillsjq has a spectacular aura about
When I was looking for a 09 vantage I made a couple of trips to Tysons Corner Aston. I found Pieter and Carl good salesmen and they tried very hard to sell me a new 2009 that was ion the floor, for a great price. The car was a color I did not like at all so I bought used.. On a seperate question, has anyone had experience with service at Tysons Corner?

Old 04-20-2011, 01:20 PM
anthem is infamous around these parts
Haven't brought the car into AM Tysons for service yet, but have spoke to the service manager (David) there. He's been quite helpful the two times I have spoken to him, so will definitely be bringing it there when it needs service.

Old 04-20-2011, 01:39 PM
kba
kba is infamous around these parts
Look, if your having this much trouble trying to give someone money. Go give it to someone else. That's how I'd handle it.

Old 04-20-2011, 01:48 PM
++1

Spend your money elsewhere. For what we spend, you should get first-class service.

Old 04-20-2011, 01:52 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
A little inside...

Hi Guys, hope I'm not out of turn but thought I should spring to Pieter's defense a little here. I've met him on a couple of occasions when I was trying to get them on board as an RSC dealer (unfortunately for us, didn't work out) but I found him to be a great guy.

I think it is worth knowing as well that Pieter was away from the dealership and in hospital with some health problems recently and is only just returning to work, which probably accounts for a lot of the lack of communication. Might be willing to give him another chance since there seems to be a lot of good feedback otherwise.

Old 04-21-2011, 03:51 PM
astondude is infamous around these parts
LotusJPS, I dealt with Pieter once. He is not the most honest guy I know. If you're having such a tough time giving him money, then you may want to walk away and look somewhere else.

Old 04-21-2011, 04:09 PM
CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !
I have heard rumors that HBL may be shutting down the AM franchise. Can only say that my source should know what's going on there. But, they may be in the throes of chaos. No idea.

BTW, for what it's worth, I started the process of purchasing an AM from HBL several times, but I always felt their pricing was ridiculously high and ended up walking away.

CW

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aston Martin of Tysons Corner VA