Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Production Numbers for the V12 Vantage

Old 04-27-2011, 08:26 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Production Numbers for the V12 Vantage

Hi all,

Anyone know what Aston is planning on doing with the V12 in terms of production numbers? I know that the initial plan was to only produce 1000 of them, but I'm wondering if they have changed that based on demand. I recall that they initially weren't going to bring the V12 to the U.S., but they changed their minds on that one.

Thanks!

Old 04-27-2011, 11:36 AM
Viper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the rough
V12 Vantage

They ditched the 1000 number (even from their website) and will build more cars. There has not been any cutoff mentioned yet but they will be readily available for the 2012 my.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:26 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Thanks, I thought that was the case.

Anyone have a link to an article that says that Aston isn't limiting the V12 to 1000? I searched for a while but came up empty.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:23 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
I do not believe there is a limit ... BTW there is a sweet BRG w/ tan at AM of New England for sale ... all others I have seen at dealers were Black/Black

Old 04-28-2011, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by Michael 996TT
I do not believe there is a limit ... BTW there is a sweet BRG w/ tan at AM of New England for sale ... all others I have seen at dealers were Black/Black
That's my thought too Michael, although it'd be great to see it somewhere in writing. I'm considering the step up to the V12, and I thought it would be nice to have evidence that there is no limit if/when a dealer says "they're only producing 1000 so this will be a collector's car!"

Old 04-28-2011, 05:54 PM
gekko will become famous soon enoughgekko will become famous soon enough
Are US dealers stocking new car inventory for the V12?

Not sure how many used V12's we are going to see up here.
Well - at least of dollar is finally worth something . . . so tempted!

Old 04-29-2011, 02:49 PM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
So far each dealer I have walked in has one V12 Vantage sitting in their show room ...

Old 04-30-2011, 06:13 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
This article bears a little light on the exclusivity of the V12V.

http://www.classicdriver.com/uk/maga...0.asp?id=15063

It's amazing to think that there are only 250 of these cars in the UK. I would think probably less here.

Old 04-30-2011, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by jaymoney
This article bears a little light on the exclusivity of the V12V.

http://www.classicdriver.com/uk/maga...0.asp?id=15063

It's amazing to think that there are only 250 of these cars in the UK. I would think probably less here.
Hey JM, picked up my new V12 today. Thanks again for your input. You are right, it's a totally different car. Will post some pics in a new thread eventually.

Old 05-01-2011, 06:07 AM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Awesome. I can't wait to hear about what you think about driving it. One word to the wise; drive it a mile or two before you hit the sport button. Let the tires get warm. If it's cool, under 50 let them warm more. What is your color combo? I've been looking forward to another person on 6spd with a V12V. What is your color combo?

Old 05-01-2011, 07:47 AM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
The Austin dealer has a lightening silver one on the floor while the Dallas dealer has a white V12V in stock.

Old 05-01-2011, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by jaymoney
Awesome. I can't wait to hear about what you think about driving it. One word to the wise; drive it a mile or two before you hit the sport button. Let the tires get warm. If it's cool, under 50 let them warm more. What is your color combo? I've been looking forward to another person on 6spd with a V12V. What is your color combo?
No problem on the outdoor temperatures, at least not for a while, as I live in ATL. I definitely will let the tires warm for a mile or two before getting on the throttle as you recommend.

I put out a quick post a few minutes ago with my initial impressions on the car. I can sum them up by saying I think the car is just awesome. The car is quantum silver with black leather and white stitching. My V8 was a lighter silver like your V12 and I like that color best, but it was time for a change.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:33 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Racer_X
No problem on the outdoor temperatures, at least not for a while, as I live in ATL. I definitely will let the tires warm for a mile or two before getting on the throttle as you recommend.

I put out a quick post a few minutes ago with my initial impressions on the car. I can sum them up by saying I think the car is just awesome. The car is quantum silver with black leather and white stitching. My V8 was a lighter silver like your V12 and I like that color best, but it was time for a change.

I like the color you chose as it blends in with the CF