Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage V8 you have or have had oil leaks

Old 01-02-2018, 04:30 PM
Miami M3 is on a distinguished road
did this problem only affect early 4.3L models? I may go look at a 2011 N420 and need to know what i should be on the lookout for

Old 01-02-2018, 05:27 PM
orangegrower is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Miami M3
did this problem only affect early 4.3L models? I may go look at a 2011 N420 and need to know what i should be on the lookout for
Yes, 2007 MY was a problem year and the issue was fixed around that time.

Old 01-02-2018, 09:39 PM
Miami M3 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by orangegrower
Yes, 2007 MY was a problem year and the issue was fixed around that time.
thanks!

Old 01-03-2018, 03:09 AM
Aston40 is a jewel in the roughAston40 is a jewel in the roughAston40 is a jewel in the roughAston40 is a jewel in the rough
I had an oil leak at the sump. Ok it took like 5 weeks to drop one drop.
The two pipes that supply/ collect oil from the engine were 'wet"!

And this is how much work it was.

No cover leaks nothing since.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:57 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I have a slow leak, but when the car is driven regularly it is too minimal to warrant doing the timing chain cover service. AM dealer did not think it was a big enough deal for me to do the service. I will take their advice when it comes to the maintenance items.

Old 01-03-2018, 07:25 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Pretty sure my 13 V8V has a weeping oil leak from the timing cover. Haven't looked closely enough to see the originating location. No drips, just a slight weep. Not enough for me to pay to have it repaired yet. 14k on the odo.

Old 01-03-2018, 09:01 AM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
Is the timing cover fix a diy one? What all goes in with replacing the gasket?

Old 01-03-2018, 04:48 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lilseevs
Ahhh, did you NOT see the photos just above?

Old 01-04-2018, 07:27 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Had an 07 (new) and an 09 (used) - both drove about 20,000 miles zero leaks anywhere, hardly any oil used while driving. Then I bought a 2015 GT - both engine and transaxle had defective gaskets (pinched at assembly!) which would have cost me $9,000 to repair had it not been for warranty!

Old 01-05-2018, 07:48 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Hi...,09 no leaks...but remember the factory modified this year as so many problems with 08 and back vantages...
Evening

Old 01-06-2018, 09:22 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
10', mine had a seep when I bought it with 5700 last year. It was never driven. 10,000 miles later and there isn't even a hint of a seep. Just needed to be driven.

Old 01-07-2018, 07:11 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by lilseevs
See http://bernardembden.com/am/timingcover/index.htm

Old 02-28-2020, 02:20 PM
Registered PM
kaj750 is an unknown quantity at this point
bumping from the dead, because I'm looking to do this.... Can anyone confirm it's 100% impossible to install the new gasket without dropping the suspension/steering rack, etc??

Old 02-28-2020, 04:35 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
You need to drop the front subframe to do it correctly. I don't think its worth trying to sneak a new seal in with the cover half off. That being said nothing is 100% because someone has done a shoddy before.

Old 02-28-2020, 07:50 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
As @J doubleU says, I'm pretty sure I saw a post by @Irish07@VelocityAP a long time ago stating that the engine doesn't have to come out, but it needs to be supported and the sub-frame removed for access. Someone could find it with a search. It's the same procedure posted in the link previously.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vantage V8 you have or have had oil leaks