Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Exhaust and cats installation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 01:25 PM
nacelle is on a distinguished road
Exhaust and cats installation

Hey...

I have the pieces and am looking for a rough idea of how long it will take to do the install. If anyone has done both, could you PM me with what it cost you? I'm trying to get a feel for the job beforehand... thanks!

Eric J

Old 05-25-2011, 01:29 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Catback exhaust roughly 2 hours. Cats should be roughly the same. Perhaps you can get discount rate if you do both at same time.

Old 05-25-2011, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
Catback exhaust roughly 2 hours. Cats should be roughly the same. Perhaps you can get discount rate if you do both at same time.
thanks 007...

Old 05-25-2011, 01:58 PM
RPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to behold
They installed my cats today in one hour in a friends shop.

The rear muffler takes a little longer to install because there's more parts to remove. ( maybe 1:30-2:00 )

Old 05-25-2011, 02:04 PM
RCAMV8 is on a distinguished road
RP, which exhaust and catz did you go with?

Old 05-25-2011, 02:11 PM
RPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to behold
RP, which exhaust and catz did you go with?
I had Tubi muffler for a long time and today I installed the cats ( RSC )

If I get tired of the loudness of the exhaust I might buy the quiet RSC rear Muffler.

But I felt I nice difference in throttle response and speed.

Maybe tonight or tomorrow I will post dyno results.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:18 PM
Nacelle, what about you?

RP, I see you posted that it was actually pretty loud, but glad you noticed an increased throttle response! Looking forward to the dyno and video. I'm still debating if i'll get the cats or not... If I do i'll likely stick with the factory exhaust.
Thanks- R.C.

Last edited by RCAMV8; 05-25-2011 at 02:28 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by RCAMV8
Nacelle, what about you?

RP, I see you posted that it was actually pretty loud, but glad you noticed an increased throttle response! Looking forward to the dyno and video. I'm still debating if i'll get the cats are not... If I do i'll likely stick with the factory exhaust.
Thanks- R.C.
I have the RSC Cats and the "quiet" Touring Version RSC exhaust... as well as the air filter.

I will do a before and after dyno as well...

Old 05-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Have you done the RSC ecu tune yet? I had that done last year, and honestly the change was more than I expected. I could tell a difference as soon as I got on it.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by RCAMV8
Have you done the RSC ecu tune yet? I had that done last year, and honestly the change was more than I expected. I could tell a difference as soon as I got on it.
No.... I have the 4.7

Old 05-25-2011, 04:08 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
I installed the RSC muffler myself almost 2 years ago. My recollection is that it took me about 2-3 hours but I took my time and it was the first time working on my car. Pretty straightforward though. For those of you doing the muffler install, make certain you purchase an extra set of doughnut gaskets as the OEM ones could not be reused. I wish I know this prior to taking the muffler off the car!

Adam

Old 05-25-2011, 11:23 PM
Ok here is a short clip of my dyno tomorrow the guys are going to send me an email with the results, the printer at the dyno broke.

The dyno went well for the kind of hot dry air we have here in El Paso TX, long story short we are at arround 3000ft above sea level but because of our barometric preasure and other factors we are equivalent of nearly 7000ft. ( i know it sucks ) and to make things worse the fan for cooling the engine in the wall didnt work either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-33At0gY9hA

Last edited by RPVantage; 05-26-2011 at 10:01 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhnGUavjs0I

( mustang dyno )

Last edited by RPVantage; 05-26-2011 at 09:58 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:51 AM
RP, that's sounds pretty good!! I don't think I've heard a clip of the tubi before with the catz..

Old 05-26-2011, 11:17 AM
Thanks.
Do you guys think that the exhaust note will adjust with this combo?

At Wot sounds nice specially at higher revs but between 3k and 4k I don't like it at all.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exhaust and cats installation