Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2010 Gulf Racing Blue Vantage

Old 06-22-2011, 11:38 AM
markesq has a spectacular aura aboutmarkesq has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by AttorneyMike
You're right-the warranty has started-over 12 months ago I believe. What's the story with these factory cars?
The factory cut like 35k off the sticker if the dealer bought them outright. Most dealers thought they could buy them, then turn around and make a 35k profit. Many of these cars did not sell, therefore the dealers are now selling for what they have in the car.

I think when they bought them outright, the is what caused the warranty to start immediately.

Old 06-22-2011, 12:37 PM
AttorneyMike has a spectacular aura aboutAttorneyMike has a spectacular aura aboutAttorneyMike has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by markesq
The factory cut like 35k off the sticker if the dealer bought them outright. Most dealers thought they could buy them, then turn around and make a 35k profit. Many of these cars did not sell, therefore the dealers are now selling for what they have in the car.

I think when they bought them outright, the is what caused the warranty to start immediately.
That's what it seems like for sure-I just bought one actually-2010 mako blue v8 vantage from newport beach...should get up here within the week! Spoke with an AM rep who said AM stands behinds these cars if there is any excessive wear such as the need for a clutch replacement shortly after it is purchased from the dealership. I was concerned that whoever was driving these cars for the first 2-3k miles were beating the hell out of them, but I guess you never know how any car was driven regardless of who previously drove/owned it.

Old 06-22-2011, 03:16 PM
macksamus will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by AttorneyMike
That's what it seems like for sure-I just bought one actually-2010 mako blue v8 vantage from newport beach...should get up here within the week! Spoke with an AM rep who said AM stands behinds these cars if there is any excessive wear such as the need for a clutch replacement shortly after it is purchased from the dealership. I was concerned that whoever was driving these cars for the first 2-3k miles were beating the hell out of them, but I guess you never know how any car was driven regardless of who previously drove/owned it.
At the time I purchased my car in early April, I too was seriously considering the Mako blue Vantage from AM Newport Beach. I had someone inquire a bit more about the car for me, and I was told that it had been used as a media demo. Suddenly, images of Jeremy Clarkson abusing the sh&* out of it came to mind, but I nonetheless got comfortable and offered $95K knowing that it has a few years left of the factory warranty.
I was then told that they couldn't sell it at that price b/c I lived within a certain distance of another AM dealer and the factory would not give them any incentives as a result. So, I walked away...
Btw AttorneyMike - I did see the car in-person and she's a beauty...Congrats!

Old 08-10-2011, 06:32 AM
b_gust99 will become famous soon enough
Mike, how's the mako blue vantage working out? any evidence of abuse in its former life? I too am considering the gulf blue vantage on Long Island and was wondering if you had any advice from your experience.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:38 PM
Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by markesq

Wow! thanks for the great info. But quick question for clarification. Is it 35k off of sticker or off of invoice?

So if msrp on a vantage is listed at 145k
Invoice is let's say 120k
then wouldn't the 35k be subtracted from the invoice? so many numbers.

Also, just to throw this out there. It's common knowledge, but I just found out about this. If you get a mso, then it is new. If you get a title, then it is hands down a used car. BEWARE!!! Towbin Bently, Rolls Royce, and Aston Martin tried to sell me a used Aston as new. I caught them red handed thanks to another forum member who clarified this for me.

Last edited by Inglorious; 08-10-2011 at 11:40 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:31 AM
AttorneyMike has a spectacular aura aboutAttorneyMike has a spectacular aura aboutAttorneyMike has a spectacular aura about
Mako blue car has been great-the power improvement from my 07 to 10 is signfiicant and much appreciated! I've put about 500 miles on it since i purchased the vehicle and no problems (knock on wood).

I actually got an email from Long Island about the gulf blue car this week and told him I bought mine 2 months ago when they wouldn't deal. I think they are still overpriced on the car, but maybe they will deal now???

Mako blue in person also looks great!

Old 08-12-2011, 08:48 PM
gsrjc will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by b_gust99
Mike, how's the mako blue vantage working out? any evidence of abuse in its former life? I too am considering the gulf blue vantage on Long Island and was wondering if you had any advice from your experience.
I had looked at the gulf blue vantage from Long Island. I believe the lowest that I got them was 106k and that included the annual service and the CF pieces. make sure those come with the car.

Old 08-13-2011, 07:10 AM
K2snow is on a distinguished road
We bought from AM of Long Island and it was a great experience all around. We dealt with Mike H. from afar and he made sure the experience was easy. We would and will buy from them again even though we have 2 local dealers.

K2