Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Average age here

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 08:59 AM
klittlehale is on a distinguished road
I would have guessed much older than what this thread suggests... of course we are getting the demographic of AM owners who are also on this forum. I am 54--I got the car as a 50th birthday gift for myself after much research. ( It was not a midlife crisis.)

Old 06-06-2011, 10:35 AM
CJPatel has a spectacular aura aboutCJPatel has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Vesper
I got this when i just turned 21... I guess i'm the youngest for now..
Wow thats crazy, 21??? I was happy to have my M3 at 21. Do you mind if I ask if it was a present or you bought it yourself?

Old 06-06-2011, 12:06 PM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
On the other end of the spectrum, I guess I win the "Old Guy" Prize at 75. My Aston was a Gift from our Children, purchased with money they will not inherit.
Corvettes, and a Porsche in the past, but this is my first Aston.

Last edited by dicktahoe; 06-06-2011 at 09:55 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:58 AM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sgt d
bought it a few weeks before i turned 35, turning 36 in a few weeks. that was last year's bday gift to myself..lol..

this year the gift is spending my money on a wedding, bitter sweet but she is understanding of my car addiction..lol..
Similar story. Promised myself a present on 35th bday but took a few months to put it in the garage.

My lady boss doesn't want a wedding.. so I'm thinking of setting up a Vantage Performance Fund.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:18 AM
adulay is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jyeh74
adulay, i'm guessing you work in the tech silicon valley with a start up? 23, thats great!
I do work in tech sector of the Silicon Valley, but no start up .... at least not yet ...

Originally Posted by CJPatel
Ahhhh, got me by 1 year. I'm 24 yrs old. I figured I would be the youngest one, but you got it. I also, bought mine in February! Whats your DD?
The AM is my daily driver

Old 06-08-2011, 10:24 AM
RPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to behold
[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by sgt d
bought it a few weeks before i turned 35,

this year the gift is spending my money on a wedding, bitter sweet but she is understanding of my car addiction..lol..
Similar story... I almost bought an engagement ring last week but because of $8k bill at the dealer I'm thinking it twice lol.
( I'll be 30 in sep )

Old 06-11-2011, 08:41 AM
rwpielet is on a distinguished road
Just turned 50 and this is my second V8V Roadster. Got my first at 47.

Old 06-11-2011, 10:03 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
[quote=RPVantage;3227306]
I almost bought an engagement ring last week but because of $8k bill at the dealer I'm thinking it twice lol.
Had to laugh out loud at this one RP. At least you have your priorities straight! I must admit that I can sympathize.

Old 06-11-2011, 10:07 AM
KidRacer is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=RPVantage;3227306]

Similar story... I almost bought an engagement ring last week but because of $8k bill at the dealer I'm thinking it twice lol.
( I'll be 30 in sep )

Why so much?? With my V12V, everything is covered except typical wear and tear items, fluids, tires and brakes, which i dont anticipate having to replace in the 2-3 years i plan on keeping the car since i am not tracking it that much.

Old 06-11-2011, 10:33 AM
RPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to behold
[quote=KidRacer;3229937]
Originally Posted by RPVantage

Why so much?? With my V12V, everything is covered except typical wear and tear items, fluids, tires and brakes, which i dont anticipate having to replace in the 2-3 years i plan on keeping the car since i am not tracking it that much.
They replaced clutch and they fix a bunch of stuff like front splitter, airbag sensor, oil change-filter, transmission fluid, brake fluid,polen filter, clean injectors etc. the car is there so i dont know the exact cost for now.

Old 06-11-2011, 10:36 AM
[quote=Racer_X;3229930]
Originally Posted by RPVantage
Had to laugh out loud at this one RP. At least you have your priorities straight! I must admit that I can sympathize.
lol i know. i hope she never read this thread because she will set my car on fire...

Old 06-14-2011, 03:21 PM
maroli will become famous soon enoughmaroli will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by macksamus
32 here....been drooling over the V8V since I was 25 but didn't have the means to make the purchase until recently
how is that possible if the first vantages came out in 06 (or 05 in England). I assume you were already drooling at the concept stage! as was I, to be honest.

Old 06-14-2011, 03:36 PM
BLAM is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by maroli
how is that possible if the first vantages came out in 06 (or 05 in England). I assume you were already drooling at the concept stage! as was I, to be honest.
That's an easy one. Time travler. Duhhh!!!

Old 06-23-2011, 07:28 PM
Allen121 is on a distinguished road
33 years young, and purchased when I was 32.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:33 PM
slip969 is on a distinguished road
I'm 26, just picked up my 07 AM V8 vantage two weeks ago. Traded in a 09 M3 coupe. I also work in the tech industry. Other vehicles are '11 Audi S4 (DD) and a 06 Porsche 911 C4S.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Average age here