Check Engine Light On, Emission System Service Required Message - Page 3 - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Go Back  6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource > British > Aston Martin
Reload this Page >

Check Engine Light On, Emission System Service Required Message

Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models
Sponsored by:

Check Engine Light On, Emission System Service Required Message

Old 01-08-2014, 04:06 PM
ASMstam is on a distinguished road
Should have read the complete tread. Got it. Thanks

Old 01-09-2014, 06:28 AM
irish07 has a reputation beyond reputeirish07 has a reputation beyond reputeirish07 has a reputation beyond reputeirish07 has a reputation beyond reputeirish07 has a reputation beyond reputeirish07 has a reputation beyond reputeirish07 has a reputation beyond reputeirish07 has a reputation beyond reputeirish07 has a reputation beyond reputeirish07 has a reputation beyond reputeirish07 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ASMstam View Post
Does anyone have the code number that comes up on OBD reader. Had a flat battery, started a few times but it hasn't reset.
A code number?? You mean there is a DTC fault code stored after a battery went flat and now that code will not clear??

Sounds like you have a P1000 DTC fault code right?

Old 01-09-2014, 06:38 AM
ASMstam is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by irish07 View Post
A code number?? You mean there is a DTC fault code stored after a battery went flat and now that code will not clear??

Sounds like you have a P1000 DTC fault code right?
Will check this evening what number exactly. Thanks

Old 01-19-2014, 10:46 PM
rishisaraswat is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ASMstam View Post
Will check this evening what number exactly. Thanks
OBDII error code scanners are handy tools but their functionality is just limited to the defined set of error code scanning. I am working on a project to stream error codes off the OBD and stream the decoded errors to wifi enabled devices along with other telematics information. This should give car owners a lot of visibility into car. Do check out demo at http://gftelematics-sg.no-ip.org:909.../demo_app.html as a basic sample. If you like read more about my project at http://www.clickdrive.io/indiegogo-preview.html. Would love to hear feedback from you guys.

Cheers!

Old 04-23-2014, 04:45 PM
RicoDB9 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have an 07 DB9 Sport with 27k on it. I have the typical AM battery issues. In fact it just happened to me last week. Battery went dead and "Emission Service" light went on. It has done it before.

IGNORE IT. Make sure your gas cap seal is clean and cap is tight. Drive it for a few hundred miles and it will go out on its own.

WORSE CASE is go into AM and have them reset the code. If it immediately comes back on you may have an issue but I'll bet you 3 beers it doesn't.

With respect to battery tenders, you can buy a fully electronic 2A smart charger for $40 at Canadian Tire... if your patient they go on sale every once in a while for $25. It has a cigarette lighter adapter and I plug it right into the cigarette lighter interface thing in the trunk... works like a jet!!!

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mo...l#.U1hBFF6_fVk

Old 05-15-2018, 02:07 PM
caltech is on a distinguished road
My Emission System warning and check engine indicator came on during a day of hard driving in the mountains. After the fourth cycle of driving, the light went out.

Old 05-16-2018, 06:23 PM
DonBond has a spectacular aura aboutDonBond has a spectacular aura about
I had bad gas one night from some cheese....my o2 sensors picked up up on it and threw a cel. After 3-4 BM's all was good and my cel went away. Just sayin'..........Anything can happen......It's all about emissions........