Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V8V AC unit issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 03:50 PM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
V8V AC unit issue

Hi - Over the weekend, I took her out on the highway (2 hour each way) and noticed the AC would be ice cold and every now and then the AC would be blowing air quite similar to the outside temp. Each non-cold AC session would last about 5-10 minutes.

1. Does anyone V8V owners have similar issues?
2. Is this something easy to fix?

Many Thanks in Advance!

Old 06-22-2011, 12:40 AM
111R is on a distinguished road
I've noticed something like this, I think. It just wasn't cold enough, I wouldn't say outside temp. Switching to Auto fixed the temp issue whereas on manual...

Old 06-22-2011, 06:20 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Did the air only get warmer when you stopped? I've noticed that other cars I've owned need airflow to provide really cold air. Aside from that, I think the Vantage AC unit is not strong enough for really hot weather. It's almost like they designed the car to be driven in a climate like you might find in Great Britain.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:51 AM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 111R
I've noticed something like this, I think. It just wasn't cold enough, I wouldn't say outside temp. Switching to Auto fixed the temp issue whereas on manual...
Yea, you are right, outside temp is overstated. :P Thanks for the tip Bobby, I'll try switching to auto next time.

Originally Posted by Racer_X
Did the air only get warmer when you stopped? I've noticed that other cars I've owned need airflow to provide really cold air. Aside from that, I think the Vantage AC unit is not strong enough for really hot weather. It's almost like they designed the car to be driven in a climate like you might find in Great Britain.
The first time it happened that morning was cruising between 60-80mph on the highway. But if my memories serves me correctly, it might have happened after pulling to redline then back to 3-4k rpm on each instance....

Old 06-22-2011, 06:16 PM
111R is on a distinguished road
No problem, please post to see if it solves the issue. I'm curious.