Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston ECU Plastic Key is started to come apart after one year

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 07:05 PM
gekko will become famous soon enoughgekko will become famous soon enough
Aston ECU Plastic Key is started to come apart after one year

Anybody else have this issue??

Under one year, my plastic key is starting to tear, spoke to my service adviser and they said this is not a warranty issue - not to pleased with that.

Also - how many of the Plastic ECU keys did you get with your car?? One or two?? (along with the Crystal ECU)

By the way, the pen mark you see on the key was there when I got the car back from service . . .

Old 06-28-2011, 07:20 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Two plastic, two glass.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:49 AM
kba
kba is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Two plastic, two glass.
What!?!?! I got one plastic, one glass (10 V8 Vantage).

After seeing how cheezy the plastic key was I called my dealer to see what a replacement glass key costs ($950) as I'm not going to use that cheezy plastic key when/if I lose the glass key.

Old 06-29-2011, 06:22 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
I guess if you pay up for the V12, Aston graciously throws in a couple of extra keys.

I'm not sure, but I thought the cheap plastic version is for valets and people servicing your car. My impression is that it wasn't intended for extended daily use.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:03 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Two plastic, two glass.

Same here for DBS. I guess V8s only get one of each.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:00 AM
noladb9 is on a distinguished road
2 plastic, 1 glass for my DB9

Old 06-29-2011, 10:27 AM
If it's any consolation, I dropped my shiny new glass key on the concrete within the third day of ownership of my car. Was not happy about that.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:36 AM
nacelle is on a distinguished road
Only one plastic with the car...

Old 06-29-2011, 03:43 PM
KidRacer is on a distinguished road
1 plastic and 1 glass came with my V12.

Lame.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:59 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
Nice old school keys w/ my 2007 V8V ... holding up quite well .... of corse I do not have "Emotional Control" ...

Old 07-01-2011, 11:43 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
All this would easily get resolved if AM would move up to truly keyless entry/start as found on other brands. Keep the beautiful ECU protected in your pocket, walk up to the car and the doors unlock. Enter the cabin, and the Start button glows blue, pressing it causes the accessories to energize. Press the clutch on a manual gearbox or the brake on a Sportshift and the Start button glows red. Pressing Start again fires the engine. Seems like a simple, elegant solution to me.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by Michael 996TT
Nice old school keys w/ my 2007 V8V ... holding up quite well .... of corse I do not have "Emotional Control" ...

I think all have the 'Emotional Control' or as Tiff calls it 'a Torque Converter' with our right foot !!

Old 07-19-2011, 12:23 AM
After forwarding some images of the 'disintegrating key' & voicing my displeasure AM Customer Service was kind enough to replace the key.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:39 AM
kba
kba is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by gekko
After forwarding some images of the 'disintegrating key' & voicing my displeasure AM Customer Service was kind enough to replace the key.
Good job, as it should be!

Old 07-20-2011, 01:24 AM
Jay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud of
I wonder if they'll replace both of mine that are toast.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aston ECU Plastic Key is started to come apart after one year