Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

new member - some questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 03:44 AM
Jarod has a spectacular aura aboutJarod has a spectacular aura about
new member - some questions

Dear Petrolheads,

I am new to this forum, thus let me quickly introduce myself: I am Jarod, I am from Germany and I am living in Switzerland. AND I am going to be a Aston Martin owner soon.

It will be a used 2007 V8 Vantage in all black with SS.

Browsing thru this forum for the last couple of weeks, I figured out which 4 essential upgrades I need straight ahead :

1) Remove fuse 22
2) Lowering springs
3) ECU upgrade
4) SS upgrade

Does anyone of you know, where I can get the ECU and SS upgrade in Germany or in Switzerland (or can I order it from the US and install it myself)?

Also I have a couple of questions, I did not find any answers for:

As my car is from the Italian part of Switzerland, all papers are in Italian including the user manual. Does anybody know where I can get the user manual in English or German language online (if this legal)?

Finally, my car comes with the personalized badges in the door (how are they called anyhow). You know, where it is stated “Hand build in England for nnn”). I would rather like to have my name or no name stated there, then the name of the previous owner. Where can I get these badges at the aftermarket, or are there any other option?

Thank you guys for your support.

Cheers, J

Old 07-17-2011, 08:09 AM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Owners Manuals in various languages, as well as technical publications, including service manuals, for your model are available at:

https://www.astonmartintechinfo.com/login.aspx

Register and purchase a one day subscription, and then you can legally download all that you need. You can browse the list of what is available before registering.

Old 07-17-2011, 11:09 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jarod
Dear Petrolheads,

Does anyone of you know, where I can get the ECU and SS upgrade in Germany...

I'd think just about anywhere in Germany for the 2nd item....

Old 07-17-2011, 12:04 PM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
I'd think just about anywhere in Germany for the 2nd item....
+1. I have the H&R springs and I like them.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:16 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jarod
Dear Petrolheads,

I am new to this forum, thus let me quickly introduce myself: I am Jarod, I am from Germany and I am living in Switzerland. AND I am going to be a Aston Martin owner soon.

It will be a used 2007 V8 Vantage in all black with SS.

Browsing thru this forum for the last couple of weeks, I figured out which 4 essential upgrades I need straight ahead :

1) Remove fuse 22
2) Lowering springs
3) ECU upgrade
4) SS upgrade

Does anyone of you know, where I can get the ECU and SS upgrade in Germany or in Switzerland (or can I order it from the US and install it myself)?

Also I have a couple of questions, I did not find any answers for:

As my car is from the Italian part of Switzerland, all papers are in Italian including the user manual. Does anybody know where I can get the user manual in English or German language online (if this legal)?

Finally, my car comes with the personalized badges in the door (how are they called anyhow). You know, where it is stated “Hand build in England for nnn”). I would rather like to have my name or no name stated there, then the name of the previous owner. Where can I get these badges at the aftermarket, or are there any other option?

Thank you guys for your support.

Cheers, J
Hi Jarod,

Welcome to the AM board, and (fingers crossed) welcome to the AM family soon! If you are interested in ECU & TCU upgrades, I can talk you through removal of both units, and you can ship them to our UK office for programming very easily.

I would also add performance filters to that list if you are so inclined - we also supply lowering springs if you ar interested.

email me on Stuart@RSCTuning.com if you want to discuss further.

Cheers,

Stuart

Old 07-20-2011, 08:33 AM
Jarod has a spectacular aura aboutJarod has a spectacular aura about
Thank you guys for your feedback.
I am aware that I can get H&R lowering springs all over in Germany. I was more interested where I can get the ECU and SS upgrade done in Switzerland.