Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Rear parking sensor sound

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 09:28 AM
Porsche356 is on a distinguished road
Rear parking sensor sound

Hi everybody,

I have just added a db9 '07 to my garage and I am actually wondering whether the sound volume of the rear parking sensors is adjustable?

I can hardly hear mine beep!

Regards, frank.

Old 08-02-2011, 04:18 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
It is not adjustable on the Vantage so I assume unfortunately the same is true for the DB9. Kind of sucks as you can barely hear it.

Adam

Old 08-03-2011, 01:11 AM
Porsche356 is on a distinguished road
Hi Adam,

That's nice !

Thanks for the reply!

Frank

Old 08-03-2011, 05:40 AM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
My rear sensor is so loud and sensitive that I almost always turn it off when I back up. My driveway is a inclined so I back down to avoid scraping. The sensor starts as I approach the garage door and doesn't stop until I am level.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:48 AM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
Yeah I was going to say...mine is definitely NOT quiet. I've never tried adjusting the volume on it, but seeing as how people are getting different results (and assuming no members here are going deaf), it might be adjustable.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:15 AM
WG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura about
Mine is very low, I can barely hear it and ususally turn the stereo off when I back up.

Since some are loud and some are quite ... there might be a way to adjust the volume? I'll look in my manual tonight and see.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:01 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Mine is loud and annoying . . . just as it should be. Glad to have both the front and rear sensors to help me protect my CF.

Old 08-04-2011, 03:43 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Tahoe M3
Yeah I was going to say...mine is definitely NOT quiet. I've never tried adjusting the volume on it, but seeing as how people are getting different results (and assuming no members here are going deaf), it might be adjustable.

I asked my dealer if the volume was adjustable and was told no. It's strange that it would be louder though on some cars. Makes me think it might be adjustable after all. Hmm.