Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Tire System Fault - won't go away

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 04:04 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by spinecho
That would be very helpful! ....do you happen to know for a fact that they work with the Smartire system on Astons?
Don't know. Do some searching, I'd bet the answer is on the mfgr's web site.

Old 10-04-2011, 04:10 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by irish07
Yep, that's pretty much how I said it..so how's ur aligment, was it good?? never heard any input ..
Nice to see you on here, Chris. I'm glad my memory of our conversation is accurate, right down to some of the exact words ;-)

The alignment is great. Thank you for taking care of my car so well. Thank you also for taking the time to go over things in person; that is the sort of excellent customer service I always hoped Aston ownership would come with, but hadn't yet experienced, even 3 years in. I am relieved to find that someone in this region actually knows what they are doing with these cars!

Old 10-04-2011, 04:13 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Don't know. Do some searching, I'd bet the answer is on the mfgr's web site.
I have. So far, no dice. I was just hoping you might have had personal experience, which would be a lot more reassuring than some generic website statements I have seen, or lists of vehicles that don't include Aston Martin. I suppose I should contact the manufacturers directly!

Old 10-04-2011, 04:31 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
I have. So far, no dice. I was just hoping you might have had personal experience, which would be a lot more reassuring than some generic website statements I have seen, or lists of vehicles that don't include Aston Martin. I suppose I should contact the manufacturers directly!

BARTEC lists AM TPMS support with their tools

Old 10-04-2011, 09:26 PM
izzy025 is on a distinguished road
My 05' DB9 was doing the same had it checked out twice. Recently I had some work done at another Aston Service Center (FC Kerbeck) mentioned the issue with the fault to them.

They checked it out, simple fix the tpms sensors have individual batteries that eventually die out and need to replace the sensors, at roughly 300 each they replaced the sensors no more issues

Old 10-05-2011, 06:41 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by izzy025
My 05' DB9 was doing the same had it checked out twice. Recently I had some work done at another Aston Service Center (FC Kerbeck) mentioned the issue with the fault to them.

They checked it out, simple fix the tpms sensors have individual batteries that eventually die out and need to replace the sensors, at roughly 300 each they replaced the sensors no more issues
That's correct, the SMartTire sensors are battery powered and have a 4/5-year life-span..so all you 05's and 06's get ready ..hehe

Old 10-05-2011, 06:42 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Nice to see you on here, Chris. I'm glad my memory of our conversation is accurate, right down to some of the exact words ;-)

The alignment is great. Thank you for taking care of my car so well. Thank you also for taking the time to go over things in person; that is the sort of excellent customer service I always hoped Aston ownership would come with, but hadn't yet experienced, even 3 years in. I am relieved to find that someone in this region actually knows what they are doing with these cars!
Thanx bud, anytime I can help..I'm more than happy too

Old 10-05-2011, 06:55 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by izzy025
$300 each? As in $1,200 + labor to replace four sensors simply because the batteries died? That's absurd!

Old 03-08-2012, 10:23 PM
CJPatel has a spectacular aura aboutCJPatel has a spectacular aura about
Hate to bump an old thread, but I unplugged my TPMS system and now I'm getting a TPMS System Fault. What could be the problem?

I have an 08 V8V btw, I think produced in late 2007.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:00 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by CJPatel
Hate to bump an old thread, but I unplugged my TPMS system and now I'm getting a TPMS System Fault. What could be the problem?

I have an 08 V8V btw, I think produced in late 2007.
2 things are possible..module lost power so it will need to be driven for reset and learn of all present tire pressures, if after 20km light si still on..common cause: module lost all ID #'s of sensors and you will have to get them calibrated/programmed again..done by dealer

Old 03-09-2012, 07:52 PM
I unplugged it so it definitely doesn't have power. Also, the module doesn't have the ID#'s since I dont have TPMS's in the new wheels I have.

My goal is to just unplug the TPMS and not have to worry about having to remount and balance the tires with the TPMS sensors. I just want the system fault to go away. As far as unplugging it, I only see one plug where theres a white male connector off the unit that plugs into a female connector which leads back to the ECU. I had that unplugged.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Basic Sponsor
I unplugged it so it definitely doesn't have power. Also, the module doesn't have the ID#'s since I dont have TPMS's in the new wheels I have.

My goal is to just unplug the TPMS and not have to worry about having to remount and balance the tires with the TPMS sensors. I just want the system fault to go away. As far as unplugging it, I only see one plug where theres a white male connector off the unit that plugs into a female connector which leads back to the ECU. I had that unplugged.
Not a chance..system operates on a msg network, msg is being sent from tpms module to the DIM and from DIM to tpms module..if you cut the signal(power)..this flags a fault as "no power at tpms module" to the DIM for the msg was not received correctly(aka no power to tpms module)..this will then set the error msg in the dash screen then trigger the tpms warning light to activate...I don't know of any present date vehicle that you can disconnect the tpms module and have no lights/msgs in the dash

Old 03-12-2012, 01:25 PM
irish thanks for your input, Im not sure we're on the same page here and I should be clearer. I bought a new set of OEM wheels and they didn't come with the TPMS installed. So instead of having to unmount my tires, install the TPMS, and remount, I thought I would just unplug the the TPMS system and see if that takes.

There is no message going from my tires to the TPMS Module since there are no TPMS. I have heard that unplugging this module on MY06-08 cars has worked for people with no TPMS in their tires. Which is why I'm asking why it doesnt work for me. Perhaps I had an incorrect installation/unplugging process.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:52 PM
Basic Sponsor
irish thanks for your input, Im not sure we're on the same page here and I should be clearer. I bought a new set of OEM wheels and they didn't come with the TPMS installed. So instead of having to unmount my tires, install the TPMS, and remount, I thought I would just unplug the the TPMS system and see if that takes.

There is no message going from my tires to the TPMS Module since there are no TPMS. I have heard that unplugging this module on MY06-08 cars has worked for people with no TPMS in their tires. Which is why I'm asking why it doesnt work for me. Perhaps I had an incorrect installation/unplugging process.
No prob, Same page..
I myself have never heard of this working, even on this form and others..I've actually got involved with a lot of cases that this rumor of "it works"..and it didn't, clients have paid some nice bills for this rumor..I do know the system inside out now from all these past cases

There is nothing damaged..hehe just missing parts to the system at this present time as your car sits(the tpms sensors in the wheels). You can however get the sensors installed into the new wheels(remove from the other wheels and install into new wheels, or buy 4 new ones at around $200 each and fit/program them)..just make sure you get the correct sensor to the correct position it was removed from(LHF to LHF..if original they are color coded to help) ..then hope the ID's are still stored in the TPMS module(which I doubt being the power was disconnected..but anything is possible) ..with the sensors removed the ID #'s can be recorded down on paper and then calibrated with the dealers AMDS(there scan tool)..this is the only way of fixing your tpms light concern..or option B which is cheap: piece of tape over the light and msg display ..hehe j/k ..wish there was more options but there isn't when upgrading wheels

Old 03-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Anyone ever tried these ones? They advertise compatibility with a variety of recent model Astons (and there is at least one recent + feedback from an Aston owner who bought them via eBay).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tire System Fault - won't go away